Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

PC Telephone??

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

PC Telephone??

Postby Tool » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:18 am

I've been curious for awhile about this. I've heard of people using their PC as phones and wanted to know a little more on the subject. Ok, I'm aware of Google Voice and paid services, but I've been told their are manual ways of setting things up so you don't have to pay some company. Basically, I'm wondering how I can turn my PC into a phone without the use of an actual paid phone that can accept incoming calls. Is this possible? Also, I am not sure of the legality since I cannot find much on the issue and apologize if it's not, but I've been told it was, just not by anyone that I could verify honesty. Thanks guys. :D
HP m7277c PC, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 3.00GHz dual core Pentium D
Geforce 210 Silent Graphics card w/1GB
2x300 GB SATA HDD's (No RAID) LG & HP DVD burners

HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC (Laptop)
2.10 dual core AMD Turion X2
ATI Radeon HD 3200, DVD Burner, Wifi, Bluetooth
QL Touch controls, Altec Lansing onboard speakers

Rooted LG Motion 4G, 1.5GHz dual core
1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

MetroPCS ZTE Z730 Concord 2
Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: PC Telephone??

Postby pam » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:18 pm

You mean something like skype?

Skype can be used on a phone/phablet/computer etc. Instead of taking an expensive 3g service, 2g is good enough for only making voice calls and not video.

With skype you can make calls for free to anyone who uses skype(must use skype service). For non-skype interaction its all paid-for.
So basically there is nothing free.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Fedora also now comes with new features for everyday use, such as enhancements to the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS), which now uses PDF as the standard print job format. This improves Fedora's print speed. It also now comes with a federated voice over internet protocol (VoIP), enabling Fedora users to make calls utilizing a user@domain address with other networks using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP, aka, Jabber) networks.

Link :

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www ... 9yAJe5koNg

Sent from my Nexus 4
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Tool » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Skype sucks. Just saying. Google voice is much better and cleaner. I know you can make outgoing calls to any USA number, but I was more concerned with being able to receive incoming calls. I know that Google voice you can get a number for a price and that you can get incoming calls as long as they call you through the gmail account. I've had 4-5 people that had a hacker lookin setup and they told me that it can be done for free, just have to know how to set it up and such. 3 months ago I ran into this guy downtown Sacramento that had an older (1990's) laptop with a home size phone plugged into it that worked both ways as long as he was connected to the internet and he said his setup was all free too and that he had a number. He said to me "Do I look like I can afford to pay for those services with a dinosaur laptop like this?" LOL. Well, thanks for the help. :D

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Tool » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090426130645240/VoIP.html

Thanks. Now if I am understanding this right, I must get an SIP account which will enable it to use a protocol to call me from a standard phone?

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:42 pm

There's a few ways to go about it. I just used Nettalk on my Droid, but I am not sure if that is still an option. Sending calls is not something I have ran into issues with it is recieving, but I have never bothered to try yet with a Linux desktop..so you are probably more experienced than me at this point. I am going to see if I can get Ekiga working.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:11 pm

Pinger is a nice way of sending and receiving SMS messages and having a physical phone # assigned to you. Skype can receive calls including video via wifi or LAN line. Costs to do outbound calls. Pinger they give you I believe 1 hr outbound talk time via iPhone or 10 minutes via droid. They do not to the best of my knowledge have an app for linux. I have thought about writing one. Time however is never on my side.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Tool » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:44 pm

TheeMahn wrote:Pinger is a nice way of sending and receiving SMS messages and having a physical phone # assigned to you. Skype can receive calls including video via wifi or LAN line. Costs to do outbound calls. Pinger they give you I believe 1 hr outbound talk time via iPhone or 10 minutes via droid. They do not to the best of my knowledge have an app for linux. I have thought about writing one. Time however is never on my side.

Thanks. I have the Pinger and don't really skype as the other end has to have it too and the quality isn't as good as if you use gmail or google voice. I've also found others too. You see, my goal is to cancel my cell service as that is also my internet service via hotspot, but wanted to get Comcast and can't afford both and needed a line that could be used for incoming calls say from a regular phone line at my work to reach me. Some of the Linux apps in the link above seem to do just that, but I was wondering about the SIP. Does the other end have to have SIP too, or does an incoming call route to that to make it work? I gotta look into them a little further, but needed clarification on the SIP. I think it was called Twinkle that I had my eye on that just from the overview looked promising

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Return to Newbie's Corner