Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

md5sum of burnt disc??

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

md5sum of burnt disc??

Postby Tool » Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

How do I check the md5sum of an already burnt iso disc? I know how to check the file, but need to know how to verify the disc itself. I usually use k3b and verify written data, but it doesn't always like to perform properly so I sometimes use a different burner that doesn't give me that option.

Thanks. :D
HP m7277c PC, 3GB DDR2 RAM, 3.00GHz dual core Pentium D
Geforce 210 Silent Graphics card w/1GB
2x300 GB SATA HDD's (No RAID) LG & HP DVD burners

HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC (Laptop)
2.10 dual core AMD Turion X2
ATI Radeon HD 3200, DVD Burner, Wifi, Bluetooth
QL Touch controls, Altec Lansing onboard speakers

Rooted LG Motion 4G, 1.5GHz dual core
1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

MetroPCS ZTE Z730 Concord 2
Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: md5sum of burnt disc??

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 17, 2013 4:10 pm

A file is a file. K3B generally tells you if the md5 is mismatched afterwards. You can still use it to check the disc .iso.

Far as burning, keep it to a low burn, 4x or lower, and you should be all right. If not, it's probably your burner.(hardware)

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Tool » Fri May 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:A file is a file. K3B generally tells you if the md5 is mismatched afterwards. You can still use it to check the disc .iso.

Far as burning, keep it to a low burn, 4x or lower, and you should be all right. If not, it's probably your burner.(hardware)

Ok. I had a bad disc. k3b works fine. It said it was a blank disc, but apparently not. I cannot set it to burn at lower speeds as it will fail. It works fine on auto and starts at about 6.5x and never goes past 10.0x during burn. When starting burn it attempts to go 16x and says my burner doesn't support that and switches to 17x, but never goes faster than 10x during burn. I check the verified written data box and seems to work well. I was mainly asking because I thought k3b wasn't working right and wanted the method to verify disc manually. Thanks. :)

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Tool wrote:
Xanayoshi wrote:A file is a file. K3B generally tells you if the md5 is mismatched afterwards. You can still use it to check the disc .iso.

Ok. I had a bad disc. k3b works fine. It said it was a blank disc, but apparently not. I cannot set it to burn at lower speeds as it will fail. It works fine on auto and starts at about 6.5x and never goes past 10.0x during burn. When starting burn it attempts to go 16x and says my burner doesn't support that and switches to 17x, but never goes faster than 10x during burn. I check the verified written data box and seems to work well. I was mainly asking because I thought k3b wasn't working right and wanted the method to verify disc manually. Thanks. :)

Yeah..all of that is the opposite of 4x :lol:

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9099

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Tool » Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:
Tool wrote:

Yeah..all of that is the opposite of 4x :lol:

http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9099

Yeah, I know. It's not giving me any issues though. I had a couple coasters that were failed burns, but they were reading blank, but wouldn't allow me to write to them. I just installed mint on my buddy's system that I burnt this morning and it's humming fine. :D

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM

Tool
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Return to Newbie's Corner