Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Update?

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Update?

Postby TheClopener » Thu May 03, 2012 7:17 am

So, i am running Ultimate Edition 3.2 x64, i just downloaded and installed it today, and i do have to say.. i am extremely impressed with EVERYTHING, it was supremely made in every aspect that i have seen so far. but i have one big question, in the update manager, it say's, "New Ubuntu release '12.04 LTS' is available" my question is this; if i do that update, what will it do to my system? will i still be keeping Ultimate Edition? will all of my stuff still stay the same with just a bunch of updates? or will it radicaly change the operating system? cause if that is the case, screw that. I already have ubuntu 12.04 LTS on another partition, and it is very fast, that is why i am wondering if the update would ruin Ultimate Edition, because Ultimate Edition is fast already, but if that update made it even faster.... oh boy.. that would be awesome. so, to update, or not to update, that is my question.

A screen shot of the Update manager is also included. :p

Thanks.
Attachments
snapshot2.jpeg
TheClopener
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Update?

Postby TheClopener » Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 am

Thank you! lol, i had a feeling that might be the case :p i have another question... in the top bar, is their any way to unpin Firefox? i prefer Google Chrome, would i have to uninstall it to get rid of it? i have tried to unpin/delete it but there is not option to :/ You are the main developer BlackWolf? If so, I have to say.... Amazing Job... Simply Amazing... Granted there are some bugs in it, but that just comes with the field. This is a very well rounded operating system and it looks great as well.
TheClopener
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Billie Cowie » Thu May 03, 2012 8:14 am

Hi Clopener,
Have you tried right-clicking with the mouse?
Your right-side mouse button should open a window allowing you to " remove from panel" or " remove this launcher".
You can't just drag it. Hope this helps.
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby TheClopener » Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am

Billie Cowie wrote:Hi Clopener,
Have you tried right-clicking with the mouse?
Your right-side mouse button should open a window allowing you to " remove from panel" or " remove this launcher".
You can't just drag it. Hope this helps.

Yes, i have tried this. That's what i thought i would have to do.. but all that comes up is "Launch" and "Properties" and in Properties, it does not give the option to remove from panel or delete it.
TheClopener
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Billie Cowie » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 am

Hi again Clopener,
can't you just drag the Chromium ( Chrome for linux is called Chromium ) icon from the apps menu and place it next toFirefox ?
If not then you should be able to drag it to the bottom-panel, along with any other apps such as Gimp, Inkscape, etc,-perhaps you haven't tried that?That's what the bottom panel is for! :vil2_plafond
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby TheClopener » Thu May 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Billie Cowie wrote:Hi again Clopener,
can't you just drag the Chromium ( Chrome for linux is called Chromium ) icon from the apps menu and place it next toFirefox ?
If not then you should be able to drag it to the bottom-panel, along with any other apps such as Gimp, Inkscape, etc,-perhaps you haven't tried that?That's what the bottom panel is for! :vil2_plafond

Yes, I have managed to Drag "Chromium" to the top panel, but i would like to be able to customize the top panel with my own button's when the need arises, so i was just wondering if anyone had run into this problem and found a fix. I understand Ultimate Edition 3.2 is still somewhat buggy, So maybe that is just one of the things i will have to deal with until the updates :/
I did a "sudo apt-get remove firefox" and it did remove Firefox from my computer, however... the icon is still pinned to the top panel. there has to be a way, there always is... it just needs to be found :)
TheClopener
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby ancr2001 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 pm

To remove anything from the top gnome panel just hold down the windows key and left alt key at the same time and right click on whatever you want to remove.
ancr2001
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Return to Newbie's Corner