Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wireless Driver / Network Configuration

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Wireless Driver / Network Configuration

Postby BlazeHeroic » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:18 am

Hey all,

I'm having some problems with wireless connectivity.

I'm not sure whether its the driver or the wireless settings, but I'm thinking that its the driver. I got the driver, extracted it, and got it into Ultimate Edition. I then used the wireless driver window to find the inf file, and it said it imported properly, then i configured the wireless settings. Yet its still not working.

Do I need the MAC address, or any of that stuff to set up the wireless or is there a problem with the driver I used? Can you run me through the steps on how to get this working? I'd like to use Ultimate Edition as my main OS, but its a little hard when the internet doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for the help
BlazeHeroic
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Wireless Driver / Network Configuration

Postby Huub Mengede » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 am

It can help when you give more info about which wireless you have, for the driver.
Which version distribution you use. Like Ultimate Edition 2.8, 2.9, 3.0/3.01, or Ubuntu 10.10, 11.04, 11.10 etc,
also if it's the x86 or x64/amd64 version.

I have not the same problems. I can get my wireless (usb version, Netgear WNDA3100v2) get to work for all versions of Ultimate Edition and Ubuntu x86 and amd64 up to 11.04 and 32bit 11.10, until i hit ubuntu version 11.10 x64/amd64. Than nada zip nothing... :( :x
FYI. that's with the latest Ubuntu 11.10 amd64/x64 version.
Compiling the drivers myself using the windows x64/amd64 driver, if the unit isn't recognised.
Than everything goes well, "sudo ndiswrapper" shows the driver/unit, "sudo lsusb" shows it, "sudo lshw -C network" doesn't show it.
Tried ndiswrapper v1.56 and v1.57 and bcmwlhigh6.inf (and *6.sys from the netgear win764 directory)
'For x86 you can use the bcmwlhigh5.inf and *5.sys' from the 32bit directory win732 or win786. (Dunno the exact name as I'm a total 64 bit user.)
:ugeek:
Deleted that partion again and going to freshly install Ultimate Edition 2.9 amd64/x64 8-) again alongside this *cough* Windows 7 Ultimate x64 version of mine. :oops:
¡The Devil may care, but I Bloody Don't!
Huub Mengede
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Newbie's Corner