Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Need Ultimate Edition 2.9 sources.list

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Need Ultimate Edition 2.9 sources.list

Postby Zaileion » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 pm

I made some modifications to my sources.list trying to upgrade Banshee to the 2.0 version, and i inserted 2 lines into my sources.list (which i have done many times in the past) but this time i didn't think it necessary to backup the list and now i have issues and cannot install Banshee. problem is i don't remember what 2 lines i inserted, and the list is quite long. This is just a glimpse into the amount of work required to build the Ultimate Edition version of Linux. Default sources.list in the generic distros like Ubuntu, or Debian the list is 3 to 5 lines. This limited the software available to the user, so thank you to the Ultimate Edition team for adding the extended sources. But since there are so many items i forgot which ones i entered... ;-} so if anyone can email me or post the default or unmodified sources.list for U.E_2.9 that would be AWESOME.

My opinion is this type of information should be posted on the Ultimate Edition website, or any distros website, as it may make it easier for noobs like myself, that are bent on deeply understanding the OS, to fix issues that may be caused by tinkering or be able to compare one to another. i don't know whatever else should be posted but perhaps other files and docs like sources.list. you know kind of like a page of the website where someone can download or copy/paste important parts of the OS or use them as a reference...

just in case this info is necessary: the file is located in /etc/apt/sources.list and i primarily use gedit

email [email protected]

Thanks again.
Asus Rampage III Black Edition
Intel i7 Extreem X990
Corsair Dominator GT 12 GB RAM
LSI MEGARaid Controller 9271
2 Samsung 840 Pro SSD (RAID0)
ATI Radeon HD 6990
SoundBlaster X-FI Platinum Pro
Corsair 1200W Power Supply
Corsair Water Cooled CPU
Ultimate Edition 3.5.2 (LTS) / Windows 7 Ultimate