Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Desktop Image [SOLVED]

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Ultimate Edition Desktop Image [SOLVED]

Postby erko » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 pm

How do I place a favorite "permanent" (centered) image within a Ultimate Edition 3.0 desktop theme?

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by erko on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
erko
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Re: Ultimate Edition Desktop Image

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Hello erko.

Right click on your Desktop - change Desktop Background - and like in the image (where the curser is ).

66.png

good luck.
Admin-Amir

Postby erko » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Hi Amir!

...I have maybe a different version (EU 3.0) than you - I see an image of possibly "Mint 12" on your reply that shows a window of: "Appearance" and it shows different buttons. The window that I pull-up has a heading of: "Appearance Preferences," with "Remove" & "Add..." buttons. It has tabs of: "Theme," "Background" and "Fonts."

What I want to accomplish is to place a centered ("permanent") image (such as a .jpg) within the background. Is that possible?

Thanks, again, in-advance!
erko
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 pm

Hello erko.

Well on My Desktop is The "Mint 12 Israel Remix Team 64bit". ;)
For your issue please upload screen shot from your Desktop of the change Desktop Background,
Then I will Guide you.
Just take screen shot and change the name of the screen shot to - 1.jpg/1.png,
and click down the post here - upload attachment.
Admin-Amir

Re: Ultimate Edition Desktop Image SOLVED

Postby erko » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 pm

I got - - I got it - - I got!!! :)

What I did was to set the image (that I wanted on top of the background) to Wallpaper, center it and manipulate the color that I wanted as a background.

Thanks for your help, Amir!
erko
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

<BREW> <BREW> <BREW> Nice work erko. ;)
And you very welcome. ;)
Admin-Amir

Return to Newbie's Corner