Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Need Help to enable sound

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Need Help to enable sound

Postby sahoca77 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:46 am

Hi...i'm a new fan of Ultimate Edition....just installed Ultimate Edition 2.9 recently....very pleased with it...but my laptop don't have any sound at all.....could anyone help me with this?....i'm using compaq presario v3614au notebook.

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 1.9
Memory: 2 gb
chipset:NVidia MCP67M (Nvidia 630i/GeForce 7150M)
sound:Conexant High Definition Audio (integrated)

appreciate your kind help. :P

add :
when i click on sound preferences...there is no device detected...only dummy ouput
sahoca77
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Re: Need Help to enable sound

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:18 pm

This is a case of missing firmware / appropriate kernel support.

Simple fix really.

Pick a distro that works.

I would recommend Ultimate Edition 2.6.3 next.

Based on LTS (long term support)

suspect it will support that laptop better.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby sahoca77 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:42 pm

guest i can't use the latest distro then......need to download mentioned distro and report back later.....thankx for the reply and advice
sahoca77
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby sahoca77 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 am

After patiently waiting for a few days to download the said distro as suggested by pclinuxguru....now my notebook is running Ultimate Edition 2.6.3......but still there is no sound. There is only dummy output in sound properties.....
I only read comments from backwolf after installing 2.6.3. sooo i don't know if the suggested solutions is for my current distro....i tried

sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

...but there nothing in the file

i tried...

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mocchi/instruments ; sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install alsa-driver

...but it returns cannot find alsa packages....

anybody please help me to troubleshoot this sound issues......TQ.... :roll:
sahoca77
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Newbie's Corner