Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Mandelbulber Installation

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Mandelbulber Installation

Postby Billie Cowie » Sun May 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi,
Being new to LinuxI am a complete newbie to the command line & terminal and need advice on installing Mandelbulber 1.02. I am used to simple installs like point & click which I have used successfully with Alchemy & gnoFract4d after using " extract here" in the downloads folder. This won't work with Mandelbulber. i have tried following the advice in the read me file but get as far as downloading the " lib" files to be told I already have the most up to date files installed already. Unless I am reading it wrong the rest of the advice doesn't work, whether I type it out or cut and paste to the terminal.
I am told firstly after typing cd makefiles make all cd .. there is no such file or directory. I try cut and paste with the install script and am told the program needs compiling do I want to compile it now[y/n]. I type y then hit enter and then I just get another command prompt. What am I doing wrong or not doing right? :?
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: Mandelbulber Installation

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun May 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Never heard of it till now.

Fractal generator.

Being it is a rare one, Ill do this for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+install+Mandelbulber+ubuntu+

happy reading. At least till some one who has done it can help.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Billie Cowie » Tue May 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks for trying to help but the link isn't much use i'm afraid. It's the same information I already have. I think it may be a problem with the current version of Mandelbulber as I have had another version running on another distro before this but initially had a problem with that too.I managed to resolve that eventually so,if necessary I may go back to that version.Once again, thanks for trying to help it's much appreciated.
regards Billie :)
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm

sorry bud, I just have never used it or heard of it.

I was hoping some one who has would have posted.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to Newbie's Corner