Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition on a netbook.

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Ultimate Edition on a netbook.

Postby azemsiB » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:49 am

Hi everyone, I just registered today and although I have some Linux knowledge, I just need to make some things clear to me before I try Ultimate Edition out. My netbook is an MSI U120. Typical netbook specs. Intel Atom, Intel GMA 950, etc.

#1) Being based off of Ubuntu, I assume I can install it via USB using UNetBootin. Correct?
#2) The bugs that effect the various versions of Ubuntus, do they still effect Ultimate Edition or have you guys patched them up yourselves? I need to know this because Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) works awesome on my netbook, but on the other hand, Karmic Koala (9.10) is a complete failure. This will tell me if I need to install 2.2/2.3 or the newer versions.
#3) What exactly is the difference between 2.2/2.3? I read the feature list, and it looks to me like you have multiple desktop environments installed in 2.3, and not in 2.2? I'd prefer to have one desktop environment anyway, so I'd probably end up getting 2.2 if this is the case.

Thank you for answering my questions.
azemsiB
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Re: Ultimate Edition on a netbook.

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello azemsiB & welcome to U.E Forum.

First your Board :

1- I do not see any problem for you to install the system on your board.
2-
I assume I can install it via USB using UNetBootin. Correct?

yes it is correct.
3-
What exactly is the difference between 2.2/2.3?

Upgrade versions with more bug fix,and new packages,new Themes...
4-
What exactly is the difference between 2.2/2.3? I read the feature list, and it looks to me like you have multiple desktop environments installed in 2.3, and not in 2.2? I'd prefer to have one desktop environment anyway, so I'd probably end up getting 2.2 if this is the case.

If you prefer to work just with one Desktop you can use the Desktop that you like to work with,
There is no problem with that.
you have the option to install more Desktops from the Ultamatix/Synaptic package manager.
Just one Advice to you if you can Upgrade your ram to 2 G this will be Great for you to work with the effects .
And if you want one more Advice from me - Then wait for more 2 weeks and get the Ultimate Edition 2.6!
It have batter support on the Intel Video card Drivers.
Hope I did Answer your Questions .
Admin-Amir

Postby azemsiB » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Well just a quick question. Are the only bug fixes/updates from what Ubuntu 9.04/9.10 normally provides, or do you guys fix up some of the bugs/issues yourselves? IE: There is a broadcom wireless issue with 9.10 and there is also a screen flickering issue with 9.10 for the MSI U100/U120 I think.
azemsiB
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Hello azemsiB.

Good Question, To our packages we fix the bugs,and we fix bugs to some issues in other packages.
And we provide some work Around solution for issues too.
broadcom wireless

If you use the search you will find any Answer to your Question that have been given on the U.E forums.
so make your self at home here,
and fine the Answers to any of your Questions with the search up right on the forum,
Hope you will solve all your issues soon here on our site.
Admin-Amir

Postby Cell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Couple of solutions for the flicker thingy....seemed to work for some,but not all.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/415023
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive