Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

revert back to older edition?

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

revert back to older edition?

Postby 762SkS » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:54 pm

i have 2.5 installed i believe. and i have noticed alot of sound issues with it. one main one for me is my usb head phones. i have tried several fixes i found here and on the regular ubuntu forums and none seem to be working. so maybe to fix this i was thinking about installing an older version of either Ultimate Edition or regular ubuntu. but i am open to opinion on this matter and would love to hear your guys' imput.

thanks
neil
Case: Thermal Take Sunami
Board: Evga nForce 730a
Vid Card: GeForce 9600GT
Ram: 8 gigs G-Skill ddr 3
Processor: Amd 9950 quad core
HD: dual wd 7200 rpm 80 gig
Power: thermaltake 700w modular powersupply
cd/dvd: dual dvd r/rw drives
762SkS
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: revert back to older edition?

Postby TexasMike » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 am

762SkS wrote:i have 2.5 installed i believe. and i have noticed alot of sound issues with it. one main one for me is my usb head phones. i have tried several fixes i found here and on the regular ubuntu forums and none seem to be working. so maybe to fix this i was thinking about installing an older version of either Ultimate Edition or regular ubuntu. but i am open to opinion on this matter and would love to hear your guys' imput.

thanks
neil

762SkS,
It would be most helpful if we knew what hardware you are using - PC Brand/Model/RAM/HD/Video card, etc, or the components making up your system like at the bottom of this post in my Sig. You can create a "Signature" file by going to the User Control Panel link at the top of any page in this forum. Please include such info as I specified above, and any additional info about your hardware and current configuration. This information will help the Admins, Mods and other users here to provide more specific assistance with any problems you may have. Notice the information about my systems below, and at the end of nearly all posts by the Admins/Moderators here. ;)
With that info I give you specific assistance with either fixing/repairing your current install or recommend an alternative that might work with your specific hardware.
Post back this info for our review and we will be able to give you the help you need. 8-)
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: revert back to older edition?

Postby 762SkS » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:19 pm

ok changed my siggy to hopefully help you guys out. also the problem is my usb headphones they are logitech not sure of make model etc. they show up in the output options tab but after a min they cause the puter to act real slow. if you unplug them then it works fine.

i have noticed there have been many posts about sound issues with the koala build and was thinking about going back to the jaunty build.

i have tried serveral suggestions for fixes that ive found here and on the regular ubuntu forums. and they didnt seem to help. sorry for the confusion i hope this clears things up.
Case: Thermal Take Sunami
Board: Evga nForce 730a
Vid Card: GeForce 9600GT
Ram: 8 gigs G-Skill ddr 3
Processor: Amd 9950 quad core
HD: dual wd 7200 rpm 80 gig
Power: thermaltake 700w modular powersupply
cd/dvd: dual dvd r/rw drives
762SkS
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT