Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Error Install Ultimate Gamers

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Error Install Ultimate Gamers

Postby aje » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 am

this happend in 15%, i burn in new dvd but still same, please help me this is first time i'm using linux
spec pc desktop :
-HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The installer encountered an error copying files to the hard disk:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thnks for help n support before
Last edited by aje on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aje
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Re: Error Install Ultimate Gamers

Postby TexasMike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 am

aje wrote:this happend in 15%, i burn in new dvd but still same, please help me this is first time i'm using linux

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The installer encountered an error copying files to the hard disk:

[Errno 5] Input/output error

This is often due to a faulty CD/DVD disk or drive, or a faulty hard disk. It may help to clean the CD/DVD, to burn the CD/DVD at a lower speed, to clean the CD/DVD drive lens (cleaning kits are often available from electronics suppliers), to check whether the hard disk is old and in need of replacement, or to move the system to a cooler environment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thnks for help n support before

aje.
First thing, Welcome to Ultimate Edition!!!!! <BREW> We are here to assist with your questions and problems.
BTW: could you please take a moment to create a Signature file via the User Control Panel (at the Top of every forum page) containing your system specifications so that those helping you are able to know what hardware you are using. This makes our assistance more specific when hardware is relevant to the solution.

Now....
I suspect your problem is one most new users encounter. Try the following steps and see of this corrects you problems...

1: When you download any large file you should be sure that the file is not corrupted in any way. You do this by using the "check sum" for the file you are downloading. In the case of Ultimate Edition this "check sum" is called MD5SUM, and is shown in the text of the Download link you used to download the file. In order to check and verify the MD5SUM for the Ultimate Edition version you downloaded - if you use Windows you will need the appropriate "utility" to create the MD5SUM for the actual file you downloaded. There are many versions of this utility available via the Internet, here is one: http://www.md5summer.org/. Once you have a utility, then check the MD5SUM of the file you have downloaded and compare that result to the MD5SUM given in the download link - see the screenshot below for the location of the MD5SUM of the download:

Screenshot.png
The MD5SUMs are highlighted... This is for Ultimate Edition 2.5 x86 and x64 versions...

2: After insuring that the MD5SUM given in the download link and the one you generated on the file you downloaded are identical, then you need to burn the file to a DVD or CD (as appropriate for the size of the file - the current version of Ultimate Edition in either \x86 or X64 requires a DVD due to the size). Be sure to burn the DVD/CD at the SLOWEST speed you burner can support that is NO FASTER than 4X - or the slowest speed available (some of the newer burners do not offer speeds at or below 4X, so use the lowest speed available for those burners).

These two steps are essential to insuring you have a good and viable DVD/CD to install from. Failure to do these two simple steps is most often the cause of the problems you are having with your install.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, we are to help in any way we can..
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby aje » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:55 pm

thnks for an anouncement the guide,,, this very important information for me

i'll try to re-download.... and will be sumbited again for the result

<BREW>
aje
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Postby Cell » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Instead of re downloading it just check the checksum of the iso.You might just have a good download,and a bad burn.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby cowboy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 pm

TexasMike
is so correct.....do not sponsor any windows programs....but "Free Download Manager" is an excelent windows program which will check the Md5sum for you if you copy and paste it in the veryfy box....
Ashampoo does offer a free burning program....again a windows program..it will also veryfy the burn...again burn at 4x or lower, which the the program will do....also burn the disk as a ISO file.... but when you do get into Ultimate Edition....the world is yours......
Good luck my friend.....:)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God