Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Updater that runs upon installation of UE2.3

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Updater that runs upon installation of UE2.3

Postby Driver » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 pm

I installed UE2.3 from the live DVD I burned. It went well. During the latter stages of the install process there was a program that went online and presented me with a list of updates. The ones at the top were security-related or of similar importance and then there were the less important ones. In any event, the list seemed to consist solely of programs that were (at that point) already installed but just needed updating.

I looked around on my computer and found programs that will give me a giant list of programs but it includes things that I don't have installed.

Is there a way to run the one that will bring up that original list, or at least what items that were not updated (the program told me that there was a problem, I am pretty sure that not all of them were updated)? Or is it only accessable like that from the actual installation process of UE2.3?

Thank you,
Driver
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Updater that runs upon installation of UE2.3

Postby Cell » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:30 pm

(the program told me that there was a problem, I am pretty sure that not all of them were updated)?

How about helping us,by saying what that error was.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby Moebius » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Driver,
I believe it may be an issue due to the moving of the servers. I just reinstalled Ultimate Edition on my sons computer and had the same issue. During installation, Ultimate Edition has a list of ¨repositories¨ that it checks to see if there are any updates available for your system - if it cannot find a certain ¨repository¨, it will give you this error. Your system install should not be affected by this. I would run the update manager now (found in System / Administration menu) and see if any updates or errors occur there.

Cheers.
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Driver » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

I didn't write it down. I have since gotten a large legal pad and am keeping it right beside the computer for just such a use.

I was just looking for a way to run the program again and it turns out that I needn't have worried - it runs itself every 24 hours.

Thinking that if I see what I perceive to be an issue that I should take notes and then wait 24 hours or so before reporting to see if it becomes a non-issue. I feel a bit stupid now.

It ran again today when I booted but I was having DSL issues due to yet another blown filter. I have every expectation that it will run again tommorow.

BtW - it seems that the second time that it ran it successfully completed the updates. The error might have been due to the DSL coming and going on me.

Sorry to be a pain, folks. This thread may be closed - or deleted.
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Updater that runs upon installation of UE2.3 [SOLVED]

Postby DarkChild » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:14 am

Driver wrote:I didn't write it down. I have since gotten a large legal pad and am keeping it right beside the computer for just such a use.

I was just looking for a way to run the program again and it turns out that I needn't have worried - it runs itself every 24 hours.

Thinking that if I see what I perceive to be an issue that I should take notes and then wait 24 hours or so before reporting to see if it becomes a non-issue. I feel a bit stupid now.

It ran again today when I booted but I was having DSL issues due to yet another blown filter. I have every expectation that it will run again tommorow.

BtW - it seems that the second time that it ran it successfully completed the updates. The error might have been due to the DSL coming and going on me.

Sorry to be a pain, folks. This thread may be closed - or deleted.

Thanks for reporting back Driver, no worries, no need to delete the thread. I am going to mark it as [SOLVED]
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God