Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

how to ,wubi and Ultimate Edition

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

how to ,wubi and Ultimate Edition

Postby rick_161z » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:14 am

hi all
I was wondering if Ubuntu Ultmate Edition 2.3 could be installed under windows xp like Wubi,
if not what would the best alternative install method be?
I have dld VMWare for win xp can you give me some suggestions?
Greatly appreciated!
rick_161z
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: how to ,wubi and Ultimate Edition

Postby DarkChild » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:18 am

rick_161z wrote:hi all
I was wondering if Ubuntu Ultmate Edition 2.3 could be installed under windows xp like Wubi,
if not what would the best alternative install method be?
I have dld VMWare for win xp can you give me some suggestions?
Greatly appreciated!

Hello rick_161z.

Wubi is having a hard time recognizing Ultimate Edition ever since 2.2/2.3. So hence it won't be possible to install. TheeMahn was suppose to rewrite the wubi for Ultimate Edition so that it could work right out of the box, but that is going to take a little time as he is busy with some other major issues. Not that the wubi issues are not important. As for an alternative installation, i am going to recommend you use the VMware as you say that you already have or Virtualbox. If you don't mine, my primary recommendation would be to dual boot xp with Ultimate Edition!! If your interested just let me know!!
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:02 am

dual booting is what I do with 2 of my 3 machines, my third word PC is a bit old and sluggy so I only have 2Kpro on it. But I have been thinking about wubi. Could you essentially recreate Ultimate Edition by loading Jaunty and Ultramatix?
I am thinking you would "click all" in Ultramatix and come back after the weekend.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 am

hmmmm forum ate my reply! I wondered if installing Ubuntu 9.04 through wubi and installing Ultramatix would start you to building Ultimate Edition? Would installing all the options in Ultramatix give you a workable facsimile of Ultimate Edition?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:09 pm

billhedrick wrote:hmmmm forum ate my reply! I wondered if installing Ubuntu 9.04 through wubi and installing Ultramatix would start you to building Ultimate Edition? Would installing all the options in Ultramatix give you a workable facsimile of Ultimate Edition?

If you want to install Ubuntu 9.04 then load your favorite applications etc from Ultamatix, thats your call, which is also fine with me. If thats your alternate move, then go for it. You would be building your personal Ultimate Edition ;)
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God