Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

clean download

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

clean download

Postby brkfstczar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Unable to get clean download from any torrent/mirror. Using winmd5sum to check id's do not match. Using imgburn to burn images and disk will not boot. what am I doing wrong? Totally and absolutely new to the linux experience.
brkfstczar
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Re: clean download

Postby DarkChild » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 am

brkfstczar wrote:Unable to get clean download from any torrent/mirror. Using winmd5sum to check id's do not match. Using imgburn to burn images and disk will not boot. what am I doing wrong? Totally and absolutely new to the linux experience.

Hello brkfstczar. Welcome to the Ultimate Edition Board.

I am going to ask a few questions to see if we can identify the problem & see how best they can be resolved. What download manager/client are you using to get the download? Which operating system are you using? Which version of Ultimate Edition are you trying to download e.g Ultimate Edition 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2? There are alot of issues that could lead to a bad download/bad installation, like even your internet connection, a defective burner etc. If possible I would suggest asking a friend or relative to download a copy of the iso and try burning it with a program like Nero, Power ISO, Magic ISO etc. If you/or a friend is using windows, you can use a program like "MD5FileCalculator" to do a checksum on the iso file integrity. Or if Your using a previous version of Ultimate Edition/Ubuntu, you can use a program call "GtkHash"!! 4X is a good burning speed for Ultimate Edition!!! Good luck, and post back.

darkchild666
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby brkfstczar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Thanks darkchild666,
I was able to get clean down load of the basic Jaunty from canonical and got it installed but am still unable to get clean download from Ultimate Edition. Trying to get edition 2.2, am using Dell XPS one with Intel core 2 duo E4500, 2 meg of ram and 250 gig HDD. Am using dsl @256K have tried getting it from torrent using frostwire and transmission bittorrent client, have also tried several mirrors and the main from Ultimate Edition site. Have used imgburn and brasero to burn images. Is it possible that anyone is marketing the discs for Ultimate Edition 2.2?
brkfstczar
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DarkChild » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 am

brkfstczar wrote:Thanks darkchild666,
I was able to get clean down load of the basic Jaunty from canonical and got it installed but am still unable to get clean download from Ultimate Edition. Trying to get edition 2.2, am using Dell XPS one with Intel core 2 duo E4500, 2 meg of ram and 250 gig HDD. Am using dsl @256K have tried getting it from torrent using frostwire and transmission bittorrent client, have also tried several mirrors and the main from Ultimate Edition site. Have used imgburn and brasero to burn images. Is it possible that anyone is marketing the discs for Ultimate Edition 2.2?

Have you tested any of your burned copy of Ultimate Edition 2.2 disc on another system for trouble shooting purpose to see if the problem is a bad burn with the disc an not the machine? Also You did not confirm that you did a checksum on your downloaded iso file after the re-download!! I also wouldn't recommend you purchasing Ultimate Edition on a disc from anyone, as if the problem was with the machine, buying a disc would not be Guaranteed that things will work!!

darkchild666
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby brkfstczar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Yes I did checksum on all down load attempts and numbers did not match. Have not as yet tried the disks on another machine.
brkfstczar
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DarkChild » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:15 am

brkfstczar wrote:Yes I did checksum on all down load attempts and numbers did not match. Have not as yet tried the disks on another machine.

Well brkfstczar, there you go, you problem is not with a bad burn, but its a bad download. Your Disc won't work because the checksum didn't match. I suggested that you ask a friend or relative to download and copy and burn the disc for you. You didn't do what I suggested above. Please reread what I suggested below!!

darkchild666 wrote:
brkfstczar wrote:Unable to get clean download from any torrent/mirror. Using winmd5sum to check id's do not match. Using imgburn to burn images and disk will not boot. what am I doing wrong? Totally and absolutely new to the linux experience.

Hello brkfstczar. Welcome to the Ultimate Edition Board.

I am going to ask a few questions to see if we can identify the problem & see how best they can be resolved. What download manager/client are you using to get the download? Which operating system are you using? Which version of Ultimate Edition are you trying to download e.g Ultimate Edition 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2? There are alot of issues that could lead to a bad download/bad installation, like even your internet connection, a defective burner etc. If possible I would suggest asking a friend or relative to download a copy of the iso and try burning it with a program like Nero, Power ISO, Magic ISO etc. If you/or a friend is using windows, you can use a program like "MD5FileCalculator" to do a checksum on the iso file integrity. Or if Your using a previous version of Ultimate Edition/Ubuntu, you can use a program call "GtkHash"!! 4X is a good burning speed for Ultimate Edition!!! Good luck, and post back.

darkchild666
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X

DarkChild
U.E. God