Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

sources.list issue solved for older releases

Ultimate Edition Software Repository

sources.list issue solved for older releases

Postby Artistxdevelopment » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:08 pm

The software sources for old out of date ubuntu and ultimate edition such as the 2.8 and 2.6 has a new repository held by ubuntu and vary soon Systak Solutions. We are taking in the old ultimate edition 2.8 for a rebuild and update in systems. We will be hosting a repository at archive.artistxlinux.com/repository

the current working sources files are here. http://www.systaksolutions.com/repositories/archive.systaksolutions.com/old%20releases/sources/sources.zip

and have been fully tested and updated with ultimate edition 2.8 x86. the software center even works now.

thank you for your time

Systak Solutions
Ultimate edition tech support services
http://www.systaksolutions.com
1316 S. Main street Suite A
Maryville. MO. 64468
1-877-990-9397
Artistxdevelopment
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Re: sources.list issue solved for older releases

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:41 pm

?

I don't quite understand. Without so much as glancing at correlating Ubuntu versions to 2.6,2.8..something like..10.##,11.##?, I have heard of no such support structure nor would I quite understand how this is accomplished through corresponding zip file. While I understand Ubuntu itself is creating a dynamic to deal with individual structures without consulting multiversion dependencies, "snaps", this has little to do with support structure in terms of older/outdated systems. I will look into this further, later.

Edit: I am not exactly unfamiliar with repo structure, If you could post ".list", would be cool, too. I will if I remember to get on Linux machine, later.

Speaking of repos, someone was looking for help with setting these up.....viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2648

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: sources.list issue solved for older releases

Postby Artistxdevelopment » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:39 pm

the zip file must be extracted. it contains two files sources.list and sources.bak

Ubuntu repositories in say Ultimate edition 2.8 refer to us.archive.ubuntu.com. since these are not supported versions the sources must be updated to there current location. old-releases.ubuntu.com. My repository is not up yet so the new location of the ubuntu repositories is how you get them to work.
Artistxdevelopment
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Return to Repository