Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

My current reconstructor

Re: My current reconstructor

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:30 am

triniclemist90 wrote:Does this come installed on Ultimate Edition 1.9? I knew he said that he uses scripts, but i have no idea how to make or implement them. I would like to learn though. I don't even know what programs you use to write scripts. and, Could you maybe explain how i would go about adding it to the applications menu's even if i don't use it, i am having trouble figuring it out for other programs aswell.

Thanks for the help,
alex

OK, what or why would you want to use reconstructor or remastersys anyways? Are you trying to create your own version of Ubuntu or Ultimate Edition? This is what these programs are made for. I don't know if you are actually wanting to do this or not, it sounds like you might be a little fuzzy on what you want to achieve. Are you new with Linux? I just ask, because I'm a little fuzzy on what your wanting to do exactly. Remastersys and reconstructor are used to basically take a snap-shot of your operating system and put it to a DVD and enable you to run a live session or install your custom snap-shot of a operating system.

To answer your question, NO. Ultimate Edition does not come with remastersys. If you would like to install it you will need to add a repository to your list and then install it. I don't think that TheeMahn has it in his repository.
Open up your sources.list and add the repo to the list:
Code: Select all
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

Once the list is open, add the following to the bottom of the list and then save your sources.list and exit gedit:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository remastersys/

Now, in a terminal type in the following two commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remastersys

You should now have remastersys listed under: Applications>>System Tools>> remastersys
For information on how to use it- LOOK HERE
If you need any additional info on how to create your own distro, feel free to post any additional questions you might have right back here.
Good Luck! ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby triniclemist90 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks for the help. I am relatively new to Ubuntu. I want to try to create my own distribution just to try it out. I am trying to learn how to do everything. Over the past week i have learned a lot of things in the terminal which i can now use in ubuntu and OS X. My next step is to learn scripting and to try to make my own distro for fun. I will keep ultimate installed but still, for whatever reason, have a desire to make my own.

Thanks,
Alex
Sony Vaio Laptop
2x Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.00 GHz
2054 MB of RAM
I believe it has a 256 MB graphics card
Macbook Pro
2x Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.5 GHz 6 mb L2 Cache
2 gigs of ram
512 mb graphics card
triniclemist90
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:28 pm

triniclemist90 wrote:Hi. I am very relatively new to Ubuntu and even newer to Ultimate Edition. I am still confused about how to install this file. it is a .tar.gz. so, in terminal, i type
tar -xzvf /home/alex/Desktop/reconstructor.tar.gz
to unarchive it. I then type
cd ~/reconstructor/bin
and type
sudo python reconstructor.py
. This runs the program, but i am wondering how i can move it somewhere or do something to get it to show up under the "Applications" drop down menu. All tar.gz tutorials i can find involve a "./configure" folder, which this does not have. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help,
alex

You would have to build it into a custom deb, I do plan on droping a post in the programming section on how to build a deb, I have done so in the admin section, but do not currently have time, maybe I can copy a majority over, give me a few.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Previous

Return to Reconstructor