Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Love having KDE & Gnome edition...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Love having KDE & Gnome edition...

Postby brjoon1021 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:51 am

I have 1.7 KDE and GNome edition installed. To keep both desktops can I do a synaptic upgrade to Heron when it comes out or are you going to keep making this dual desktop edition?

B
brjoon1021
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Re: Love having KDE & Gnome edition...

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:15 pm

You can count on additional releases of KDE/Gnome versions of Ultimate Edition. The typical release pattern will be even number releases will be Gnome only then the odd number releases will be typically with Gnome and KDE. TheeMahn did make a special case this last time with the GNOME only version of 1.7 (I might have recommended it ;) ), but then quickly followed up with a GNOME/ KDE version.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:49 am

Typically the Upgrade script only works Feisty to Feisty, Gutsy to Gutsy,
So unless there are drastic changes made to the upgrade script, it looks like a full install to get Hardy.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm

LeadFingers is correct, I have no desire to make drastic changes to the upgrade script and bork someones Ultimate Edition up that had no intention of going to hardy for example, I have decided there will be no "major" script updates, only minor for this exact reason. I have to think of everyone.

Major will be in release cycles IE Ultimate Edition 1.8 will be hardy based, please be patient. Sorry if this not the answer you were looking for.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby brjoon1021 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 pm

This is a question:

Will 1.8 be both KDE and Gnome or just Gnome. Since it is a long-term support version by Ubuntu, it seems like a logical choice for the two desktop option.

Thanks,

B
brjoon1021
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:43 am

brjoon1021 wrote:This is a question:

Will 1.8 be both KDE and Gnome or just Gnome. Since it is a long-term support version by Ubuntu, it seems like a logical choice for the two desktop option.

Thanks,

B

The KDE & Gnome version has in the past always been at the end of release cycles, tomorrow Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 will be released, this is the end of Gutsy work for me. Aprox. the 20th of this month Hardy will go final, looks like a 9 day vacation for me, about time I get one ;) With the initialization of a new cycle comes a "initial release" on my end, always gnome based. This is immediately followed by a Gamers Edition (built from the initial build). Then KDE etc. is brought into the picture, usually "True stability" has arrived by this point. They have a deadline I don't ;) Sometimes those who wait reap rewards. Is Ultimate Edition 1.7 not the best of all Ultimate Edition's you have tried? The 64 bit edition (running it now) in my humble opinion makes all previous look like a joke (this was built from scratch). It includes a repo (hosted by me in a special folder on the repo) that hosts the newest Compiz Fusion, Screenlets. Eyecandy is there and I must say stable & loaded to the hilt with apps. You can read more about that in the news & events section.

Perhaps a couple of shots would not hurt anything, I have changed my theme. Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 uses the same theme as its 32 bit counterpart, however the Eyecandy I refer to...
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Cube & screenlets, swimming fishes in my cube.
Screenshot-1.png
ccsm & show mouse plugin.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby brjoon1021 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Cool. I have a 64 bit processor. I have shied away from 64 bit because I have read about instability, no Java, Flash player crashes and things like that in other forums. You were able to get all of that worked out ? Is it more responsive/faster than the 32 bit version ?

Thanks,

B
brjoon1021
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby LeadFingers » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:52 pm

brjoon1021 wrote:Cool. I have a 64 bit processor. I have shied away from 64 bit because I have read about instability, no Java, Flash player crashes and things like that in other forums. You were able to get all of that worked out ? Is it more responsive/faster than the 32 bit version ?
Thanks,
B
While I haven't got it installed yet, TheeMahn Thinks it's Thee Bomb-Diggity.
For more details read the Global Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 !!! at the top of each page.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:44 pm

brjoon1021 wrote:Cool. I have a 64 bit processor. I have shied away from 64 bit because I have read about instability, no Java, Flash player crashes and things like that in other forums. You were able to get all of that worked out ? Is it more responsive/faster than the 32 bit version ?

Thanks,

B

well I will say this openly; I have deliberately tried to "fold" it and failed, rock solid... I do not want to take 100% credit, there are many that you don't see, many admins don't even see. I want for nothing its all there... when as I am sure most wont use it to build a O/S on, I opened probably 50 terminals as it was building trying to get a crash and failed, but each window opened almost like I was doing nothing, I guess that warrants responsiveness. Flash was the "only" problem if you want to look at it that way, however when I went to youtube it says please install flash (and offered me a adobe flash / gnash) dialog, my answer was give me gnash (free open source) & it said watch your vid simple as that. Wait until iced-tea steps up to the plate if they haven't already. As I have said no problems. I think Billy is getting the willies, he is trying to sell M$. Open source drivers then all problems vanish, I would be more then glad to inject them on the disk for all of you... Each build gets better I just can not imagine better then Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64, what more do I need? I click it says yesterday. I understand not all computers are the same & I have 4 cores. I just can not see the difference, will run it though that test tomorrow & not on mine & watch as it does so (something I typically don't have time to do), I take their word & no reason to lie to me.

I have a presence amongst others unexplainable I guess, but the last thing I am is unheard, people "here" almost treat me godlike as far as things I say, brilliant may be the word you want to say, not my perspective of this event. I am quick to repertoire. I guess I lead more then one life. Insanity is how this action is viewed from your perspective. Genius is what I call it.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7