Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

installing internet explorer with wine

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: installing internet explorer with wine

Postby dragonfly » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi again, since I last posted I went exploring this forum and decided to try and install ultamatix again. This time I did it right and when I was finished I was looking through what I had done and a window popped up that said "lost and found". In this folder I found ies4linux. I clicked on it and there it was Internet Explorer, so finished the job and installed Internet Explorer. However i have my computer being used by four different users so the only screen that IE shows up on is the one I labeled "administrator" which is me so I'm happy now. Problem solved!!!
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:57 am

dragonfly wrote:Hi again, since I last posted I went exploring this forum and decided to try and install ultamatix again. This time I did it right and when I was finished I was looking through what I had done and a window popped up that said "lost and found". In this folder I found ies4linux. I clicked on it and there it was Internet Explorer, so finished the job and installed Internet Explorer. However i have my computer being used by four different users so the only screen that IE shows up on is the one I labeled "administrator" which is me so I'm happy now. Problem solved!!!

WTG dragonfly!!! 8-) Glad you didn't give up on it...I didn't have anything to add to what was already suggested...I've also tried to get it to work then gave up on it...dropped my Hotmail acct (was the only reason I tried) and switched all my email to my ISP...Glad you got it going!!!
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi Saddle Tramp, you'd think I would be very happy that I got everything working, but now I can't wait to get my hands on ubuntu 1.9. This poor computer must wonder what's going on what with all these changes and updates. I will now have to get rid of Windows XP which means another day reformatting and reinstalling (I'm pretty slow at this LOL). That's why I'm anxious to get the latest ubuntu edition so that I can do it all at once.

You gotta love linux !!!
dragonfly
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby dragonfly » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Saddle Tramp, I just wanted to let you know I think your saddle tramp sidebar with the changing from saddle to tramp is really neat.
Question: How did you do that?, I would like to put a dragon in mine.
dragon fly
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:01 pm

dragonfly wrote:Hi Saddle Tramp, I just wanted to let you know I think your saddle tramp sidebar with the changing from saddle to tramp is really neat.
Question: How did you do that?, I would like to put a dragon in mine.
dragon fly

Thanks dragon..to be honest I didn't do it...Cowboy did it for me (all his idea :) ) I use to do graphics & 3D years ago (all M$ compat progs) but so out of touch with it I'm learning all over again with the *nix progs (Blender, Gimp, etc...) Course now I'm lots older and mind's got slower ;) But still tryin' to teach this ol' dog some new tricks :mrgreen: 8-)
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby dragonfly » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi Saddle Tramp, Yeah me too! got lots of time on my hands now that I'm retired and the linux systems fits the bill for me, it certainly fills my time, as if my wife dosn't keep me busy enough. Anyway keep up the excellent work, I really enjoy these forums ------ nobody has called me stupid yet and that's a bonus LOL. The IE I installed on here only works on the one screen (administrator). I just tried to get it to work on other screens but I'm stumped. Just thought I'd let you know. Have a great day!
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby cowboy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:13 pm

dragonfly..here..not a final..maybe ;)
Attachments
dragonfly.gif
dragonfly.gif (95.73 KiB) Viewed 7353 times
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby dragonfly » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi cowboy, I love that dragon, ever since I installed ubuntu 7.10 and got the dragon on the screen (that's when I picked the forum name dragonfly), I've installed dragons wallpapers on every screen I control. It would be very nice of you to install it on my sidebar in the forums. I have two computers and I call one dragonfly and the other dragonfire I'm just a kid at heart. Anyway the reason I'm back again is to let you know there is a problem with IE6. The only way I can open IE6 is by shutting the computer down after every use. I can open and close firefox at will but IE6 is very slow and it will only open once per use on my screen. Another problem is it doesn't remember anything. I can type in my preferences but the next time I open it it's right back to the same old same old. Another problem is it doesn't connect to adobe acrobat reader. I really can't use it for anything except contacting my service provider. That's what I wanted it for but I just had to give it a test drive.
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby dragonfly » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:10 pm

Hi cowboy, that's hilarious, the dragon fly. I didn't know how to transfer the attachment to the side bar so my daughter showed me. She nearly split her side laughing when she saw the zipper. She caught on immediately but dumb old me took a few seconds longer. Thanks a million, you made my day. She's still standing here beside me and she said to tell you THAT ROCKS!! \m/.
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:41 pm

dragonfly wrote:Hi cowboy, that's hilarious, the dragon fly. I didn't know how to transfer the attachment to the side bar so my daughter showed me. She nearly split her side laughing when she saw the zipper. She caught on immediately but dumb old me took a few seconds longer. Thanks a million, you made my day. She's still standing here beside me and she said to tell you THAT ROCKS!! \m/.

Outstanding work as usual Cowboy!! <BREW> <BREW> That is just to cool :lol: Well Dragon, ya ask 'round here, most times ya get!! IE6 in Wine is pretty flaky at best...most everyone I've heard talk trying to run it in Wine has had probs...you might keep checking over at Winehq's website off and on to see if anyone ever gets it workin' right http://www.winehq.org/ ... who knows, you keep pluggin' at and you might be the one !! :o :D 8-)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7