Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

installing internet explorer with wine

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: installing internet explorer with wine

Postby cowboy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:28 am

Both of you thanks..Saddle..to kind!
dragonfly and daughter..thanks and np..was a pleasure..had at the moment,,time.
As far as IE6..I had no luck..installed but would not load..but that was in 1.7, so I cannot be more help. just add to the list of "no go 4 me" :|

Edit: Silly me, your in 1.7...lams :roll:
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby deate » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 am

Just a question for my own enlightenment... if IE6 will only open under adm. folder would this not be an "ownership" problem??? I'm still learning, that's why I ask these dumb questions!!!
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby SaddleTramp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:02 am

deate wrote:Just a question for my own enlightenment... if IE6 will only open under adm. folder would this not be an "ownership" problem??? I'm still learning, that's why I ask these dumb questions!!!

Sharp eye there deate!! <BREW> Shoulda caught that myself :roll: This pretty much explains what's going on Dragon: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t ... t=multiple Wine being a "Single User" program, each user would have to install & install IE6 after...Sounds like you'll need lots of hard drive space :o Unless IE6 is the only program to be used, then wouldn't be to bad...hope this helped...and Thanks deate (aka "The Ever Watchful" ;) )
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby dragonfly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:56 am

Hi deate and everyone, well I guess that explains my problem. I'm in the same boat as every other newbie I don't know what to expect when I do something. I'm not going to install IE6 on every screen individually when I only need it for one purpose so I guess my problem can be considered solved!!. Thanks for bringing it to my attention deate because now I won't be trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. I also have to add I didn't install IE6 with wine. I went directly to the Internet Explorer for Linux website and downloaded ies4linux in the terminal, then had to go looking for it in my files to find and install it. Have a great day everyone, mine has already started !!!
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:40 am

Hi nick, when I try to do something I just get carried away and can't help myself. I still had problems with IE6 and i might have fouled up some of my files, for instance Xsane would only bring up half it's screen, so I had to reinstall hpoj. Then I ran Ubuntu Recovery and memtest. Guess what? ---- TADA !! IE6 is working ! Now that it's working I probably won't use it much, only to contact my service provider. It was a learning experience and it was fun. Have a great day nick
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby cowboy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks for the feedback..it might help others.. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:48 am

dragonfly wrote:Hi nick, when I try to do something I just get carried away and can't help myself. I still had problems with IE6 and i might have fouled up some of my files, for instance Xsane would only bring up half it's screen, so I had to reinstall hpoj. Then I ran Ubuntu Recovery and memtest. Guess what? ---- TADA !! IE6 is working ! Now that it's working I probably won't use it much, only to contact my service provider. It was a learning experience and it was fun. Have a great day nick

WTG Dragon...Persistance conquers all!! ;) Good job <BREW> <BREW> :D 8-)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby dragonfly » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi Saddle Tramp, I could not have did it without the support I get on these forums, everyone is just very helpful, even when something doesn't work, it doesn't mean it wasn't helpful because the advice could lead to something else. Now I'm going to look up how to unzip a "tar" or a "gz" whatever they are. You'll probably see me on another message board if I can't find it in the "how to's" posting.php?mode=reply&f=33&t=1392&sid=9a86810a1a099b4e1678306a7d7b7f94#
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby vinca » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 pm

this has similar instructions, but without the extra "cd" on the 3rd row of that 4 row code section. this always works for me. just hilight that entire block of text, no need for line-for-line, into terminal, and then it comes up.
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master