Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

3.0 What would You like to see !

A place to make suggestions...

3.0 What would You like to see !

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 04, 2011 7:57 pm

As you know TheeMahn 8-) and team are working on Ultimate Edition 3.0, And we would like to here from you ! What would you like to have or see in Ultimate Edition 3.0 !?
We want your feed back ! All posts will be taken seriously ! So post only legitimate and real concerns and or your personal favorite likes, needs and or wants ( With in reason ! :P ) And we will see what can be done, After all it is YOU the end user who IS Ultimate Edition !!! <BREW>
P.S make it quick ! The love is happening as we post !
Thanks for all the support ! We love ya!! ;)

JOHNNYG :D
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: 3.0 What would You like to see !

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm

NO unity :x :(

In my hands and ready to test :lol: :lol: :lol:

other then that , I already know the rest lol. <BREW>
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed May 04, 2011 9:43 pm

Now Now GLR ! :P You know we cant give you a "Natty free" Distro ! :mrgreen: For Ultimate Edition 3.0... It just wouldn't be Ultimate Edition without putting 5 pounds of love in a 3.2+- GIG bag !!!BUT we can give you the option not to default in to Natty ! of coarse after logging in Or maybe not !! Do you want Gnome as the default login DE ? And miss all the really cool things that we have been working on for months To make Ultimate Edition 3.0 "Natty" what it should be !!!! Ether way my good good friend you opinion is taken into consideration and duly noted ! <BREW> Ya know we love ya ! and will be on your side, As you work with the masses that in the end, make Ultimate Edition who we are ! :D <BREW> Also remember it is human instinct to resist change in any manner, As the "norm" is "safe", and we tend to get comfy with that, (what we know ), and are reluctant to venture further for fear of the unknown, But what could be the key to our Saviour ! ...............or at least a cherry soda !!! No Natties on top !!! :D <BREW> ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby billhedrick » Wed May 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Personally, and I think a lot of folks think so too, Unity stinks on ice. Gnome is the way to go, Gnome 3? well... it's ok, but I still like Gnome 2 best. But to be latest and greatest, you kinda hafta go G3
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby oceania68 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Gnome 3, and I like Unity-ish... 85% of it anyway, the other 15% still needs TLC....

Personally I find having various softwares of the same thing eg. Thunderbird, Evolution, Kmail, etc, abit out of form, when you only need one to do the job, anyone wanting another can install it.. thus not bloating the OS... my thought anyway...

Id also like to see Firewall Builder included, I think it would be advantageous in teaching people about firewalls and giving them the feel of creating something for themselves... Including it would releave the nagging headaches of having to go thru the instructions (from the link I posted in another post) if someone wasnt too sure about.. :D

and perhaps something interesting like having a few Tutorials on tweaking or something like that to give an "interesting feel" to Ultimate Edition 3... I find it valuable to new users looking to learn about linux... :D
Linux needs to invest in Simplicity if it is to stand a chance against Windows.. :D

Registered linux user #454306
My machine has registration number #362486.
oceania68
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Christmas Edition

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:Now Now GLR ! :P You know we cant give you a "Natty free" Distro ! :mrgreen: For Ultimate Edition 3.0... It just wouldn't be Ultimate Edition without putting 5 pounds of love in a 3.2+- GIG bag !!!BUT we can give you the option not to default in to Natty ! of coarse after logging in Or maybe not !! Do you want Gnome as the default login DE ? And miss all the really cool things that we have been working on for months To make Ultimate Edition 3.0 "Natty" what it should be !!!! Ether way my good good friend you opinion is taken into consideration and duly noted ! <BREW> Ya know we love ya ! and will be on your side, As you work with the masses that in the end, make Ultimate Edition who we are ! :D <BREW> Also remember it is human instinct to resist change in any manner, As the "norm" is "safe", and we tend to get comfy with that, (what we know ), and are reluctant to venture further for fear of the unknown, But what could be the key to our Saviour ! ...............or at least a cherry soda !!! No Natties on top !!! :D <BREW> ;)

Sorry bro, but I use natty as my main now on 3 systems.

Natty to me is not Unity.

Natty is Ubuntu 11.04 with 2.6.38-9 kernel set to date.

But I hear ya and will give what yall have cooking a shot before I say any more.

I remain to this day a loyal user and fan of Ultimate edition.

This will never change.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby billhedrick » Wed May 04, 2011 11:42 pm

I just wish Natty would give my sound card some love...
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby onosendai58 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:05 am

A choice of AfterStep as desktop, or at least E17!
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby dathem » Thu May 05, 2011 12:52 am

Well my first tries with UNITY didn't work out too well, way to easy to mess it up trying to add eye candy/compiz, etc. Plus The Icons were too large even for a 17" monitor. So if you have those issues worked out for 3.0 I will certainly try it out. Though my gut feeling is give me a 3.0 UNITY FREE distro, LOL! I have installed natty with the UBUNTU Classic on 3 computers so far. Just finished upgrading my wife's computer this evening and the speed is amazing. I can hardly wait to get my hands on a final 3.0 of some sort to try out! dathem

PS: I would love to not see any mention of UBUNTU anywhere, I know this can be done-I have seen other UBUNTU based Distro's without any mention of UBUNTU popping up.

If you want to continue to work with UNITY, keep it on a separate Distro please. To me it is a waste of space. It was fun trying out openSuse's make your own Distro. I am sure that is nothing that Ultimate Edition can't do sooner or later. I would like to see Artwork without version numbers. I don't want to have 2.x - 2.8 based artwork showing up on my new install of 3.0. I like some of those walls but don't want the version number. <BREW> <BREW>
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby marksuci » Thu May 05, 2011 3:30 am

Unity sucks. GNOME 3.0 is the true way
Simply Debian
marksuci
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie