Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

3.0 What would You like to see !

A place to make suggestions...

Re: 3.0 What would You like to see !

Postby steveb32 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:55 am

In order of importance to me
1.An easy way to adjust cpu and gpu fan speed and to have it save and work when I restarted. This is the main reason I'm not using Linux.
2. No Unity.
3. A way I could choose what apps I prefer to have installed. Like during installation or something.
4. Compiz to fully work properly.
steveb32
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun May 08, 2011 10:29 am

I am going to say something that needs to be said. I mean no offense, but I do hope it is taken to heart.

I think that in order for Ultimate Edition 3.0 to be a success. It needs to be more one of a kind unique work of art.

We need the WOW factor. The put ya on the map what a work of art one of a kind has the user in mind wow I am so impressed factor.

A step above the rest, not just thought up by a few but a team thought it up and developed it factor.

I do not mean to hurt any feelings, I only mean to point out more is expected from Ultimate Edition.

Ubuntu 11.04 with software and some art added isn't going to cut it. 75% of linux users can accomplish this on there own with a little work.

Ultimate Edition should deliver what most can not.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby marksuci » Mon May 09, 2011 7:48 am

script in Ultamatix to install Epidermis ,DropBox,TeamViewer,Torrent search,UMPlayer and Nokuntu
:D
Simply Debian
marksuci
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby wca » Thu May 12, 2011 12:16 pm

I just looked at a 3.0 demo--please tell me I didn't see Unity! No Unity no Gnome 3 they both reek of phone app hell. It isn't progress or "the great new thing" just because it's new--they both deserve quick fades into oblivion.

I would also like to be able to use cursors along with Compiz, if you can influence this.

But above all, don't corrupt Ultimate Edition with this silly Unity Gnome 3 tripe--please, I really don't want to go Mint but ...
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby steveb32 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Some new apps. Here are some good ones for example
xbmc
dropbox
teamviewer
virtualbox
jdownloader
filezilla
foxit reader
tweetdeck
boxee
smplayer frontend for mplayer
cairo-dock
docky
umplayer
deadbeef
clemintine

probably some others i cant think of right now
steveb32
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu May 12, 2011 4:00 pm

wca wrote:I just looked at a 3.0 demo--please tell me I didn't see Unity! No Unity no Gnome 3 they both reek of phone app hell. It isn't progress or "the great new thing" just because it's new--they both deserve quick fades into oblivion.

I would also like to be able to use cursors along with Compiz, if you can influence this.

But above all, don't corrupt Ultimate Edition with this silly Unity Gnome 3 tripe--please, I really don't want to go Mint but ...

Good news is thee is settings classic as default.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby mech » Sat May 21, 2011 12:27 pm

An identity in the grub menu. I multiboot with Ultimate Edition 2.9, Xubuntu 11.04, Mepis and Peppermint One. The only way to tell Ultimate Edition from Xubuntu is by the kernel vesion, which should pose a problem when I load Ultimate Edition 3.0. Mepis and Peppermint display their distro name on the menu by default without the need to edit any grub config files. Thanks for any consideration to this request.
mech
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Suggestions