Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

my thoughts

A place to make suggestions...

my thoughts

Postby ADPdirty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:10 am

Firefox. Hack its config to enabme backspase to load previous page in history. browser.backspace_action 0 must be set by default. :|
Left pane: Add dual view.. as shown on modified screenshotImage
Task bar could have # of files # of folders Total # of items Total space Free space. Its a task bar, it has lots of space for all this information..
Default ubuntu THEME... Many themes modify colors that cause problems viewing text or active/inactive buttons and selected items. Default solves this problem by DEFAULT. :|
Limit users contributions to linux in the first place, Why ? Because if it comes it thousands its never good.
I am talking about crappy apps that somehow make it to the list. More is not allays better :o
Right click on desktop should have desktop related options and settings such as display settings/screensaver, that could be placed into 1 single menu "Display properties"
Desktop needs to have sort options/ auto/manual/by name date type size blah blah/. At this point desktop wont ever autorefresh :x
My Computer hard drives named Size first and label last ? Genius dont you think ? please reverse, label is the name, size is information.
Files: If linux does not have file association then right click over a file should have an option to open with/Allways open with, must be optional because maybe i want to open it with this app only once.
Delete file with DEL keyboard button should ask if you want to delete file or not, because silent deletion even if files ends up in trash can cause problems and does already. Erased file without even knowing about, and like most of users i like to keep trash can empty and thats when i lost silently erased file. I thought i pressed "Insert" :oops:
Add Global authorization to avoid having to authorize for everything separately, or add authorization preset's such as authorize all installers or programs or media drives and updates and such.
Add option not to setup users during installation for permanent root (makes like easier for advance users).
Add Rate/Post comments for included apps, maybe half of them will not be included in the next release ? You never know if you dont ask.
ADD Start up applications settings extended description. Even now i dont know what those apps that launch at start up are for. Disabling apps can lead to disaster and need to reinstall ubuntu due to low knowledge of its nature.
Right click to create New text document or compressed archive or something useful.
ADD right click editor to edit items that can be created with right click and items that can be removed/changed... would rock my world.....
Associate most common files such as .run with something that would run them, not just view but actually execute them....would make life easier for new linux users and those switched from Windows like me....
REMOVE cancel authenticate message box after password given, its not working and has to be closed before app can be used. clicking cancel or authenticate doesnt do anything and 1 way out it to close this message box (thank god it has close button :lol: some message boxes dont have that but they really should ).
Add/Remove programs. Cannot remove annoying programs because they depend on something ? Force remove or remove with dependencies which have to be listed before confirmation. MUST BE ABLE TO REMOVE anything.
Add/Remove programs SHow path to this program.
Firefox+Adblock+MyWot makes Windows 7 obsolete "OS"
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Re: my thoughts

Postby ADPdirty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 am

power of CTRL+V :shock:
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby ADPdirty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:06 am

Well like topic name says "my thoughts", not "this must be done"
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Cell » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:04 am

Goddamn Nick....best post's I've seen. ;)

Of course you can just look at like I do....Use whats best for your given situation.I use M$ for gaming,and I use Linux(multiple flavors of it) for anything I feel needs to be secured. Once I started to use each os for what there best for (IMO) I stopped finding fault in each one.

Keep in mind this varies a lot with different hardware too.I could use Linux for everything I need if I had the correct hardware...but I'm cheap. ;) Back with 2.0 I actually played all my M$ games on Ultimate Edition...I didn't need M$ at all. I can't now unless I changed hardware.BUT I can always install 2.0.Its not a downgrade if it works....right?Its just an os.I'm not supposed to know its there....It just magically does things I tell it too.Tho I like to tweak things too...M$,and linux.

Anywho just throwing in my 2cents.

Cheers.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby DarkChild » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:18 am

Cell wrote:Goddamn Nick....best post's I've seen. ;)

Of course you can just look at like I do....Use whats best for your given situation.I use M$ for gaming,and I use Linux(multiple flavors of it) for anything I feel needs to be secured. Once I started to use each os for what there best for (IMO) I stopped finding fault in each one.

Keep in mind this varies a lot with different hardware too.I could use Linux for everything I need if I had the correct hardware...but I'm cheap. ;) Back with 2.0 I actually played all my M$ games on Ultimate Edition...I didn't need M$ at all. I can't now unless I changed hardware.BUT I can always install 2.0.Its not a downgrade if it works....right?Its just an os.I'm not supposed to know its there....It just magically does things I tell it too.Tho I like to tweak things too...M$,and linux.

Anywho just throwing in my 2cents.

Cheers.

I wonder if M$ ever seen these post? I bet the get a mega super laugh :lol:
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God