Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

1.7 and or Chistmas Edition

A place to make suggestions...

1.7 and or Chistmas Edition

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:32 am

Hello, I'm a new poster to this Section ... lol. I do have a suggestion though. How bout a "option" to install KDE, Enlightenment, ect. instead of a forced install on 1.7 / or Christmas Edition (this is where you say, "Why not just install 1.6 then"). I personally have no use for KDE, Enlightenment, ect. I think GNOME is just fine and dandy and suits my needs perfectly :D At the time that 1.7 / or Christmas Edition is ready for some lucky people, I'm sure there will be integrated updates and so on, so why not just keep the ball roll'n with the sweet updates but make the KDE, Enlightenment, ect.'s optional. Just a thought, nobody shoot me please.
sincerely,
Your DaddyX3 :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: 1.7 and or Chistmas Edition

Postby mac9416 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi all,
I would like there to be an option to install games with the rest of the Ultimate Edition install. There is obviously enough room on the DVD (although download times may become an issue) to throw in a few games. If this does happen then I would like to lobby for my personel favorite, Supertux, to be included :D .
May be a bad idea, but that's what suggestions are for right ;) ?
============================================
Spock: I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar.
Live long and prosper.
mac9416
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:51 am

Ultimate Edition 1.7...may have that option of not installing KDE, Xface...etc..just click..when prompted, "Custom", I dont know..but tend to agree, a choice...? And as far as Supertux you can install it right now, it is listed in Synaptic's along with other numerous games not loaded on the DVD for, I imagine, room reasons, I dont know about anyone else but I like Graphics...lol..but I have that option already with Add & Remove... :) ..still can have it my own way.. :) ...Extra Onions Please.. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mac9416 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 pm

cowboy wrote:Ultimate Edition 1.7...may have that option of not installing KDE, Xface...etc..just click..when prompted, "Custom", I dont know..but tend to agree, a choice...? And as far as Supertux you can install it right now, it is listed in Synaptic's along with other numerous games not loaded on the DVD for, I imagine, room reasons, I dont know about anyone else but I like Graphics...lol..but I have that option already with Add & Remove... :) ..still can have it my own way.. :) ...Extra Onions Please.. ;)

I would do that ecxept that whenever I get on the internet I am someone elses computer. When I download software I have to take my computer somewhere that I have internet access. I guess I'll just get gamers Edition. (have already started the download)

Thanks anyway Cowboy.
:)
Spock: I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar.
Live long and prosper.
mac9416
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 am

Well, games are installable from upgrade Icon, but requires an internet connection or you could use the Ultimate Gamers Edition. I try to keep the disk size at ~2 GB some users that download the distro use windows and fat 32 has issues with files of greater then 2 GB in size otherwise I would fill the disk 4.3 GB. I may make a Ultimate Edition Ultimate Edition someday ;) fully loaded but would require it to be burnt in *nix or you would have to be using NTFS as your filesystem if in windows (this would also be a great load on ccal). KDE is not an option many users have issues trying to add KDE to plain Ubuntu and is another reason I integrate it so you don't have to go through the headaches involved in this; I apologize to users that hate KDE as I do (looks too much like windows, I am sure you know my opinion on windows). I greatly appreciate the feedback fellas. There is always room for improvement.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby cowboy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:28 am

Many thanks go to you, KDE was really not an issue to me but know if I did have a choice it would of been nicer...You have listen and put forth what a few requested including myself and delivered to us a Distro that exceeds all others...Thank You for your extra work in doing this...Thumbs Up!.. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:42 pm

cowboy wrote:Many thanks go to you, KDE was really not an issue to me but know if I did have a choice it would of been nicer...You have listen and put forth what a few requested including myself and delivered to us a Distro that exceeds all others...Thank You for your extra work in doing this...Thumbs Up!.. ;)

You are welcome and enjoying it before others, I guess a kudos of being a mod ;)

For others incase you don't know there is both a KDE and gnome edition for Ultimate Edition 1.7
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Return to Suggestions