Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Live Chat

A place to make suggestions...

Re: Live Chat

Postby Moebius » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:01 pm

DaringSoule wrote:with the invent of otehr communication mediums available now day IRC has taken a major back seat in the genera.
you might find more interest in monitoring through twitter, facebook, and the like. for the most part look at what pigeon supports and you find the new modern communication forms. if we support those we will already be miles ahead of microsoft support and quickly closing in on ubuntu support.

Yep - Now that's thinking outside the box. If you look at my signature below, you will see that the Facebook medium is already up and running thanks to Douglas Patresse Alves and our very own Blackwolf et al. :) :D
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby jshuford » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 am

As I am available 24/7; I would be willing to work a "shift" and be willing to help in any-way necessary...plz let me know! :D
Intel 8088 CPU @ 4.77 MHz 10MB Seagate ST-412 HDD,128kB RAM

"I don't know anything about anything...I will however steer you wrong if you like"
jshuford
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:59 am

I ran a Diablo Realm awhile ago for some time.I put up a Teamspeak server where we could talk live.People got on all the time and we actually talked to people from all over the world.I was driving truck over the road at the time, my girlfriend also used it to talk to me when I was was on my 10hr rest period.It would not be a bad idea because some people like to talk to someone about whats going on with their computer.Basically would be like Live support and anyone on it could talk and help out,even if they dont have a headset you can type in messages that could be read by other people that are on.Almost everyone has speakers on their laptop or desk computer.
If everyone whats I could fire up a Teamspeak Server as I leave my computer on 24 7 anyhow.Or I could reset up my server I ran for the Diablo Realm to just run the Teamspeak.
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 am

Hello PPL.

The chat running on the Oz forum is a PHPBB3 mod and works well apart from the 5 sec delay for updates. I like the idea however keep in mind that if we help a user through chat, there will be no record kept for other users with similar problems. The manpower required to 'man' the chat would be great as well. Maybe a chat for Admin/Mods only to keep us all informed might be a better idea?

It is the same on the Israeli Forum!
but you have to understand that when you have chat on the site there are more things that include.
there will be more ports to open,there will be more security to take care of...
And on the Central Forum we need more question and solved problems to have.
This from my point of view is more impotent and less Security to take care of on the site.
This is professional Forum and I do not think that TheeMahn will want to open ports+It's Unnecessary for him to concluded the chat option on the Forum at this point of time.
Do not forget that Audio on Forum is some thing that can be Attack!!!
So just the other side of the coin for you to look at.
One more reason it that chat will get the site overload ,
Malfunctions and treatment of a partner authorized number of users upgrade every time in the chat.
The Forum has Just Upgraded and this can be bad issue for the Forum.

PPL you have to understand when it come to the Central Forum it has to be light,fast,And Active.
Until you did not have the site in this size and users you do not see the other side of the coin.

Please think about it for sec and you will get the idea for way not to have it on the U.E Central Forum.
Admin-Amir

Postby Uffe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi - and sorry I haven't been active lately :( but starting my own firm has taken to much time and energy, so....
On our tiny forum we use AJAX-chat https://blueimp.net/ajax/
The advantage is that we have it open in its own window, so when we use it, it is possible both to view TV, forum and chat at the same time - if thats what one wants ;)
Skærmbillede.png
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby jshuford » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

I found a box of cups and a roll of string...
Intel 8088 CPU @ 4.77 MHz 10MB Seagate ST-412 HDD,128kB RAM

"I don't know anything about anything...I will however steer you wrong if you like"
jshuford
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello Uffe

Hi - and sorry I haven't been active lately :( but starting my own firm has taken to much time and energy, so....
On our tiny forum we use AJAX-chat https://blueimp.net/ajax/
The advantage is that we have it open in its own window, so when we use it, it is possible both to view TV, forum and chat at the same time - if thats what one wants ;)

I wish you the best of luck with your new firm.
Admin-Amir

Postby Moebius » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm

jshuford wrote:I found a box of cups and a roll of string...

Someone with a sense of humor - Love it! :lol:
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Re: Live Chat - [SOLVED]

Postby Admin-Amir » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:04 am

Hello PPL on the site.

To solve long issue on the chat issue.
TheeMahn + Cab have start the IRC Chanel for Beta Testers+Users.
Gentlemen I am setting a IRC channel up on freenode, I am looking to set a applet on main to allow Ultimate Edition users to instant chat, 100,000 views a day I look for it to be a large channel.

Code: Select all
irc://irc.freenode.org/UltimateEdition

Connecting to freenode (in a terminal):

Code: Select all
kvirc irc://irc.freenode.org/UltimateEdition

I hope that this issue can have the "SOLVED" mark on it at last <BREW> ;)
Admin-Amir

Previous

Return to Suggestions