Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Please post suggestions here.

A place to make suggestions...

Please post suggestions here.

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:32 pm

Please post suggestions here. Be it software, forum based topics, etc. We are always open to suggestions.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Please post suggestions here.

Postby stinger30au » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:17 am

Im currently using Ultimate Edition 1.6 and i love it. About the only application missing to make this the most amazing Ubuntu Disc on the face of the planet is a good backup program.One that will allow you to do multiple spanning of discs be it cd or dvd of your data.

At the moment i keep my data i cant live with out in its own directory with sub directorys off it. it is about 20 gig. i sync it via lan to my only XP Pro machine i have and burn it to dvd-rw from there.

One application i have seen that may fit the bill is called "kdar"
http://kdar.sourceforge.net/

Keep up the great work, love it.
User of Ultimate edition 1.8 32 bit
stinger30au
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:54 pm

stinger30au wrote:Im currently using Ultimate Edition 1.6 and i love it. About the only application missing to make this the most amazing Ubuntu Disc on the face of the planet is a good backup program.One that will allow you to do multiple spanning of discs be it cd or dvd of your data.

At the moment i keep my data i cant live with out in its own directory with sub directorys off it. it is about 20 gig. i sync it via lan to my only XP Pro machine i have and burn it to dvd-rw from there.

One application i have seen that may fit the bill is called "kdar"
http://kdar.sourceforge.net/

Keep up the great work, love it.

Just today I added timemachine to the repo, after Ccal brought it to my attention, probably will be in future Ultimate Edition releases. I will look into your app time permitting. Sbackup is a great program for doing as you have posted, I have been working on a raid howto at the end of the howto unfinished at this point will cover sbackup, utilised in a fassion most don't think of using for, please understand I am typically quite the busy man, but will try and take the time to review the software in question.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Eragon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:25 am

I posted this in hte Ultimate gamers forum, but that it's the wrong place, so i will post it here as well.
Can you put he game savage in the 1.6 gamer's release? It's a free game with nice graphics that's fun to play. It's a combination of a FPS, RTS and RPG. Visit http://www.newerth.com if you want to know more about it, or download it.
Eragon
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby juancarlospaco » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Hola desde Argentina.
Aca usamos mucho esta Distro de Linux, ya la he instalado en mas de 20 PC/Notebooks/etc.
Nos preguntamos si alguna vez sera posible creen una version basada en Kubuntu.

Una version como la 1.6 Gamers adition pero basada en el LiveDVD de Kubuntu.
Sip para un LiveDVD de 9Gb (LiveDVD de Kubuntu + Ultimate 1.6 + Gamers) un AllinOne.
La mejor distro "Out Of The Box".
De manera tal de con un solo DVD y sin internet poder instalar un S.O.
Completo, Mejorado, lleno de aplicaciones y con exelentes juegos.
juancarlospaco
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:29 pm

juancarlospaco wrote:Hola desde Argentina.
Aca usamos mucho esta Distro de Linux, ya la he instalado en mas de 20 PC/Notebooks/etc.

Sip para un LiveDVD de 9Gb (LiveDVD de Kubuntu + Ultimate 1.6 + Gamers) un AllinOne.

Wow, I understood a little of that! I'm from California, so I hear spanish quite often. I think that TheeMahn will include KDE with 1.7 version along with others if possible. This will eventually have a version 1.7 gamers which will include all that you desire ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:32 pm

juancarlospaco wrote:Hola desde Argentina.

hola, means hello in English. desde I assume means "from" mucho means much, coma means of, la means the, this is similar across all spanish I have heard ;)

I know Spanish fairly well, virtually all languages to some degree learned a sentence in each country I have been in & have seen a large chunk of the world; Argentina not being one of them when I was in the military. Spanish is 2nd to English, and this also rolls over my head I do understand for example Puerto Rico speaks a different Spanish then say Mexico, same can be said about Spain been to 2 of the 3 country's. I'm sure Argentina is no exception, this I do gather he has 1.6 Gamers installed on a notebook and says thanks for the most complete nix or something along that route, and requests KDE along with the games, something I have yet to do.

Gracias muchachos,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby d4rkkn16ht » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi all...I'm back...:)

Sorry that i can't login for quite a while....
I'm very busy with my work....

I've tried Ultimate 1.6 and I have some suggestions.
  1. I think the black color sometimes prevent some text to be seen & that's annoying.
  2. The Icon is not complete.
    I think to become a great fork you have to have a complete set of Icons.

After trying for a while, I decided to install the original Gutsy gibbon & did some modifications.
I also post some screenshots of my work http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=338&sid=43ced276d119fa0a96214d1be97c0603&sid=43ced276d119fa0a96214d1be97c0603#p2390
d4rkkn16ht
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Thats a nice, clean look'n setup. I like! I have the OS X icon set for the drives as well, they look pretty sick. I agree with you on the icons, but I'm sure not everybody would. It's kinda like a fashion statement to base your opinion of a distro on what shoes its wearing. But like I said, I do like your icons - I have them myself. Thats the fun part about your desktop though, you can do with it what you want.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby d4rkkn16ht » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:39 am

DaddyX3 wrote:Thats a nice, clean look'n setup. I like! I have the OS X icon set for the drives as well, they look pretty sick. I agree with you on the icons, but I'm sure not everybody would. It's kinda like a fashion statement to base your opinion of a distro on what shoes its wearing. But like I said, I do like your icons - I have them myself. Thats the fun part about your desktop though, you can do with it what you want.

I know what you mean about "fashion" thing :)

But,what I mean is....I completely change the whole icon set on my installation.
I really mean whole set.
That's including the menu & many other.

I really want Ultimate Edition to be better,that's why I give this suggestion :)
...and you are right that "we can wear any shoes we want" but do you have to wear black shoes on one side & white shoes on the other? ;)

Ultimate Edition doesn't have to be like my gutsy,just become better & better on every release ;)
d4rkkn16ht
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Next

Return to Suggestions