Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Nexuiz, Urban Terror, and AstroMenace

A place to make suggestions...

Nexuiz, Urban Terror, and AstroMenace

Postby Lee_Stricklin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:50 am

I didn't see these in the games section when I jumped onto this site to download Ultimate Edition.

One of the best (Only the original Unreal Tournament can touch it) arena FPS games I've ever played is free and open-sourced. It has all of your usual gametypes like DM, TDM, CTF and some others. The game I'm talking about is Nexuiz. Taking elements from games like Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament, throwing in it's own unique neon-infested graphics and style, fast gameplay, and GRAPPLE HOOK CTF (there's nothing like swinging through environments like Spiderman in first-person) and you've what is in my opinion the ONLY other arena game that can take on UT99.

Official Site here:
http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/

Another good game that is freeware is AstroMenace. It is a vertical space shooter loaded with eye-candy and the ability to customize you ships. I'm not sure if you'd be able to get this bundled or not.

Official Site here:
http://www.viewizard.com/astromenace/index_linux.php

Another excellent FPS is Urban Terror. This originally started as a Q3A mod, but became a stand-alone free-game after Quake III's source code became open. This game has your usual DM and CTF modes as well as a bomb mode that is similar (in a way) to that of Counter Strike (minus the suck) and unlike Counter Strike (Admit it, CS is an overrated snooze-a-thon) this game is actually fun.

Official Site here:
http://www.urbanterror.net/news.php
Lee_Stricklin
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 32 BIT

Re: Nexuiz, Urban Terror, and AstroMenace

Postby moshe » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 am

Lee, if you run ultamatix from the install of 1.9 all these games and more are available. If you d/l 1.8 instead, there is a forum thread about ultamatix and the link to download it. You will be blown away with the awesome selection of games and other software available here. Enjoy the forum and post as often as you like. The folks here, myself included, will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
MSI Motherboard Dual core P4 3.0 GHz,2GB DDR ram,Nvidia GeForce FX 256 MB,WD SATA 300 500GBx2 RAID 0,WD 80GB SATA
"If you acquire knowledge,what do you lack?...If you lack knowledge,what have you acquired?
moshe
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby Skinhack » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:38 am

I have played Nexuiz and am currently running Unreal for Mac OS X, UT99 Windows XP, UT2003 for Mac OS X/ openSuSE-10.3/ Windows XP, and UT2004 Mac OS X/ openSuSE-10.3/ Windows XP. I liked the way Nexuiz was very old school Unreal like. It is very impressive and cool. I have never been too into it but if you and others have servers to play on, LET ME KNOW and I will join in with you.
I am in a clan and game 50 plus hours per week but will make time to join in on a new game anytime. L8ers :mrgreen:
Skinhack
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 Gamers

Postby supersath » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Those games are good, but i would so much rater S.C.O.U.R.G.E!! They left it out of 2.0!!! I'm annoyed.
supersath
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 32 BIT

Return to Suggestions