Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Better not by hand - Did you ever boot your Linux DVD?

A place to make suggestions...

Better not by hand - Did you ever boot your Linux DVD?

Postby MatisseGroening » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello,

you are using the disc as a harddisk, or you are using UDF or something. This is a great disaster. And there are 7 steps to go for the installation. This takes 30 minutes at least. Maybe you expect 2GB memory. I risk to destroy my Notebook DVD drive by trying to install. This is not a diskette drive. You did this totally wrong. You cannot swap on an optical disk. And it seems you do.

Sincerely

Matisse Groening
MatisseGroening
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Re: Better not by hand - Did you ever boot your Linux DVD?

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Matisse Groening,
You must be on a totally different level than I am. I'm sorry that I don't quite see the problem with the Ultimate Edition build or the "stock"/"standard"/perfectly normal installer that is distributed with Ubuntu. You must not be a big Ubuntu fan and in turn are disappointed with Ultimate Edition. I apologize that you 'don't get it'. Maybe an actual suggestion would benefit our team and Ultimate Edition to be a better distribution in the future.
Sincerely,
DaddyX3

-btw I love what you've done with the Simpsons and Futurama .... ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:08 am

MatisseGroening wrote:... This is a great disaster. ... This takes 30 minutes at least. ... You did this totally wrong.

Exactly what planet ARE you on?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby MatisseGroening » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:58 pm

From a more polite. On the normal PC it boots normal. On the Notebook it takes minutes to swtich from step 1 to step 2. 30 minutes wouldn't be enough on the Clevo MobiNote M540.

Okay, but I'm here to tell you that I have to use Mandriva again. Ultimate is good, but crashed 2 times because of the USB-wireless. And the WPA does not work at all. We don't use WEP and I don't wanna change it.

Maybe next year. I tried now again 15 distributions and now it's over. Ultimate next year or maybe Yoper. I don't change my hardware anymore, so have to wait a little 'till all reached the same USB/WLAN level (and NTFS write - just mount with ntfs-3g in fstab instead)

Matisse Groening
MatisseGroening
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:46 pm

MatisseGroening wrote:From a more polite.

MatisseGroening wrote:... This is a great disaster. ... This takes 30 minutes at least. ... You did this totally wrong.

Let me be perfectly clear about one thing: Don't come into "my house" describing the product of the monumental labor of one man as "a great disaster" and then expect politeness from me in return.

Don't like Ultimate Edition? Does it not run well on your machine? Guess what, OpenSuSE doesn't run well on mine.

If you've lost you way to the door you came in; please, allow me show it to you...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:45 am

First #1...Welcome to Ultimate Edition... ;)

Second #2...Sorry for your disappointed in our Disto ..:(
Tried installing Mandriva..Open SuSE..among others on my laptop several months back..these where final releases and the most recent...result..failure..oh dear..oh my.
Ubuntu..mind you..Alpha Stage was the only that would...

Last:
We don't use WEP and I don't wanna change it.
"We"...pardon my confusion.. :?:
Do you have a mouse in your pocket...?pun intended
or in your hand..?
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God