Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

lxde vs e17

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

lxde vs e17

Postby eveningflame » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:06 am

im a newbie and ive done a little reading on linux and i realy love Ultimate Edition Though deciding between LXDE and Enlightenment environments on my newish device (15.6" screen, 2.4ghz prcessor, averagely big hdd and 4gb ram) im just lost. im already running windows 7 and dont want to loose anything or slow down my pc, please help me out on which to choose, or could i be greedy and go for both? :geek:
ps. im kinda looking for some candy as windows is getting a little boring. please help me here!
eveningflame
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Re: lxde vs e17

Postby billhedrick » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:12 pm

my feeling is that E17 is not very stable
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 am

I use E-17 all the time ! with no issues ! as well as LXDE, and all the rest, some i'll bet you dont even know about ! :D I feel you have to experiment with them to get the feel, and really give them all fare shake ! but, in the end, it is up to the user to know what they like, and are comfortable with, Install both and see what you like or disslike ! if you dont like it, uninstall it ! :D
NOTE : The E17 default ppa is at best limited, if you are running 3.0 (Natty) and up install this ppa in software sources
https://launchpad.net/%7Emerlwiz79/+arc ... vn/+index#
open synaptic, click reload, then search e17,and install E-17 and plugins,do not install the one that wants to remove gnome network manager or plugins-all ! log out and then choose the DE of your choise !
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby synrgy87 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

Install both then chose the one you like using best :D thats one of the best things about linux loads of choice dont like gnome or kde then theres lxde, xfce, e17, openbox etc. :D
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Billie Cowie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 am

Hello eveningflame,
as synergy87 suggests you could indeed "be greedy" and go for both! :lol:
p.s. candy such as,themes,icon-sets,etc, can be added via surfing the web . Try gnome-art for one, Ubuntu-themes,-Cairo-dock,etc.
Cairo-dock is usually included with U.E, or can be added via Synaptic Package Manager or the Terminal .
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:04 pm

yea, I guess I am behind the loop. I tried e17 a couple years ago and it didn't work for me. It's probably better now.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby eveningflame » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 am

thank you all so much for your coments, i know exactly what to do know :)
@JOHNNYG , thanks again ill think about that
@synrgy87 ,thank you also.
what can i say U.E forever :)
eveningflame
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby eveningflame » Fri May 10, 2013 7:57 am

hey, does ultimate edition have its own desktop environment that I can separately install? I have Ubuntu and i'm very interested now.
eveningflame
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am

That's not quite how it works with Linux. Any Linux distribution can focus on whichever environment but at the end of the day the choice is mine. A quick example, judging by the thread title would be Bodhi and E17. Bodhi does an awesome job with E17, but if I feel so inclined I can drop Gnome right with it, and choose what I want to with the display manager, which..I don't really even have to use, or I have my choice out of several. That's how Linux rolls.

My suggestion is to go here http://ultimateedition.info/, and read up a little. If you want to run Ultimate Edition it is not an environment variable, you kind of need to run Ultimate Edition which is itself, based off of Ubuntu.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri May 10, 2013 10:29 am

You can do this with Windows too. These are shells(environments). KDE can run on both Linux and Windows.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Next

Return to Programming