Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Player

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Ultimate Player

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 pm

A new music player is coming soon to a server near you...
ultimateplayer.png
Ultimate Player 0.7.3

The player was built against Clementine, which in itself is built against the Amarok 1.4 tree.

Why am I doing such? Amarok dependencies have become a crippling factor in newer O/S builds, same as Ultamatix has done to me, time permitting I may come back and squash those issues as well.

Why most of the changes I have currently implemented have been cosmetic & a little C handywork. I do intend to add new features. I have played with SQL more then once. I am going to keep you in the dark at this time on my intentions of this program, I do intend to make it the Ultimate Player ;)
ultimate-player_0.7.3_lucid_amd64.deb
Lucid based ie Ultimate Edition 2.6 - Ultimate Edition 2.6.2 (currently unreleased)
AMD64 binary.
(4.71 MiB) Downloaded 819 times

ultimate-player_0.7.3_lucid_i386.deb
Lucid based ie Ultimate Edition 2.6 - Ultimate Edition 2.6.2 (currently unreleased)
32 bit binary.
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 783 times

ultimate-player_0.7.3_natty_amd64.deb
Natty based ie Ultimate Edition 3.0
AMD64 binary.
(4.3 MiB) Downloaded 790 times

ultimate-player_0.7.3_natty_i386.deb
Natty based ie Ultimate Edition 3.0
32 bit binary.
(4.16 MiB) Downloaded 748 times

Building it from source:

1. Grab the source code (newer then the debs).
ultimate-player-0.7.4.tar.gz
Ultimate Player source code arch independent.
(6.28 MiB) Downloaded 1336 times

2. Grab dependencies (in a terminal):
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install liblastfm-dev libtag1-dev gettext libboost-dev \
    libboost-serialization-dev libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools libqt4-opengl-dev \
    cmake libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev \
    libglew1.5-dev libgpod-dev libimobiledevice-dev libplist-dev libusbmuxd-dev \
    libmtp-dev libindicate-qt-dev python-qt4-dev python-sip-dev python-dev \
    libarchive-dev libcdio-dev

3. Change to the folder you downloaded it to (assuming ~/Downloads/)
cd Downloads/

4. Extract the source assuming 0.7.4 in this example:
tar xfv ultimate-player-0.7.4.tar.gz

5. Change directories to initiate configuration & build (yes two dots):
cd ultimate-player-0.7.4/bin/
cmake ..

5A. If you wish to see unimplemented features:
cmake -i ..

6. Build the executable:
make

Let me try and save some of you some time in compiling. I have a Quadcore processor substitute the number of cores I "make -j4", j is job threads one per core.

I hope you love the music player as much as I do. My major focus of attention will now be adding features w/o bloating the software & maintain a small footprint. I have ripped out features in what I feel was unnecessary. Hypnotoad and the kitty ;) Your feedback is appreciated.

Enjoy,

Theemahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Player

Postby dougal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:47 am

TheeMann - the player looks inviting in the screen shots so, I installed following your quick coding in the text boxes.
Everything went well, no errors or anything but, I'm darned if I can find the program.

What have you called it? Ultimate Player, Clementine...? Do I need to reboot?

I have searched the menus and the system for anything with Player in the name but, can't find it.

I feel like an idiot just now so please be gentle...

Thanks,

Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby klaatubes » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:01 am

Installed Ultimate Player on 2.7 and right off I'm elated to see there's an accurate adjustable crossfade! I had not used Clementine prior (beyond brief testing, I chose to use Audacious) so I didn't know what to expect. I'm really loving the many options and preferences settings included. Very in depth, well thought out and friendly player. I'm extremely impressed and it seems to be living up to it's name. I've been tossing alot at it and tasking away at other junk and this players churning along without a click even. EQ is top notch smooth, and very rich and precise. I believe this will take over the job of player on my systems here and I want to thank you for another piece of well crafted effort. I wish 3.0 would get the go ahead, so I could try UEP with that. Thanks for everything team, there's nothing like Ultimate Edition! <BREW>
Klaatubes (Registered Linux User #536037)

klaatubes
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby jslick1jim » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:11 pm

hello dougal

When you extracted ultimate-player-0.7.4 tar file if you'll go to that folder than to bin you'll see clememtine. thats the player double click and your set. :)
ImageMotherboard Msi Eclipse Sli
Cpu intel i7 920
Mem 6gig ddr3
x-fi extreme audio
ps2 keyboard
usb razer mouse
2 sata2 320 wd hd
2 ide 320 wd hd
2 segate 1tb hd
4 wd black 1tb hd
Visontek 5870
Hp Officejet Pro 8500 wireless
Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case
32in Olevia LCD HD TV
Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 bit
jslick1jim
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 pm

klaatubes wrote:Installed Ultimate Player on 2.7 and right off I'm elated to see there's an accurate adjustable crossfade! I had not used Clementine prior (beyond brief testing, I chose to use Audacious) so I didn't know what to expect. I'm really loving the many options and preferences settings included. Very in depth, well thought out and friendly player. I'm extremely impressed and it seems to be living up to it's name. I've been tossing alot at it and tasking away at other junk and this players churning along without a click even. EQ is top notch smooth, and very rich and precise. I believe this will take over the job of player on my systems here and I want to thank you for another piece of well crafted effort. I wish 3.0 would get the go ahead, so I could try UEP with that. Thanks for everything team, there's nothing like Ultimate Edition! <BREW>

Thanks brother, I greatly appreciate you going out of you way to test it. I have pulled the git clone and have seen they have added some nice features & a few I do not care for. I probably won't have the time to really tear into development until I have Ultimate Edition 3.1 sitting on the web. Which has been fighting me tooth and nail. I am hoping I have a solution to this problem (untried currently).
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:56 pm

dougal wrote:TheeMann - the player looks inviting in the screen shots so, I installed following your quick coding in the text boxes.
Everything went well, no errors or anything but, I'm darned if I can find the program.

What have you called it? Ultimate Player, Clementine...? Do I need to reboot?

I have searched the menus and the system for anything with Player in the name but, can't find it.

I feel like an idiot just now so please be gentle...

Thanks,

Dougal.

There are pre-compiled debs here. I have not re-written the CMakeLists.txt, so if you compile it from source will still be called clementine for now.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Found Clementine in the Ultimate Player folder. It fires up quickly. There appears to be a small problem, maybe it's me... I have my music files on another partition at the moment. The other partition is running Ubuntu 11.04 if that matters.
Anyways, when I click to 'Open' a folder, Ultimate Player closes.
Reopening Ultimate Player shows the folder has not been taken into the library.
If I backtrack to upper levels using the 'Up a level' button, things stop at Root. Getting to the other partition does not seem possible.

Hope this helps in your development.

I did try the other debs but, on the AMD64 architecture a couple of dependencies were not satisfiable. libimobiledevice0 (>= 0.9.7) on the lucid AMD64 deb and libglew1.5 (>= 1.5.7.is.1.5.2) on the natty deb. I presume because I am not running the version of Ultimate Edition that is required. I am running 2.9 (Maverick Meerkat).

Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
dougal
Site Admin

Postby Meister » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 am

dougal wrote:Found Clementine in the Ultimate Player folder. It fires up quickly. There appears to be a small problem, maybe it's me... I have my music files on another partition at the moment. The other partition is running Ubuntu 11.04 if that matters.
Anyways, when I click to 'Open' a folder, Ultimate Player closes.
Reopening Ultimate Player shows the folder has not been taken into the library.
If I backtrack to upper levels using the 'Up a level' button, things stop at Root. Getting to the other partition does not seem possible.

Hope this helps in your development.

I did try the other debs but, on the AMD64 architecture a couple of dependencies were not satisfiable. libimobiledevice0 (>= 0.9.7) on the lucid AMD64 deb and libglew1.5 (>= 1.5.7.is.1.5.2) on the natty deb. I presume because I am not running the version of Ultimate Edition that is required. I am running 2.9 (Maverick Meerkat).

Dougal.

The natty build most likely will not work on older versions of unbuntu or Ultimate Edition . Did you have the other partition mounted? i have my music library on a second hard drive and have had no issues minus when it is not mounted. I am not trying to be insulting mind you some times its the little things that get you or are over looked. Will pass along the information to Thee and see if he can recreate the partition issue since he has hard drives broke down like that.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby dougal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:08 am

Thanks Meister - it looks like you may be correct. Strange that I haven't noticed that the other filesystem is not mounted automatically when I open 'Places'.
I have always assumed that when it appears in the Tree on the left with the eject icon that it is mounted.

This time I deliberately hit the 101Gb Filesystem in the Places menu instead of 'Computer' and I could now add a music album folder to UP library.
I have attached a screen dump to showing the usual Linux Folder Tree structure. To a novice, new to Linux, there is no way they could determine where to find their music if it is on another partition.
After a little exploration I found it within the 'media' branch of the Tree.

I also saw that after selecting a folder to browse for adding to the library that, there is a hex folder name in the path after 'Media' but before 'home' on my other partition. This is very clumsy. I suppose it is part of the folder Tree structure in Linux in general and not part of the Ultimate Player as such. If I add a folder from my current partition there is no hex name in the path.

So just a thought for the future and I don't know who might be doing this but, perhaps a reconstruction of the Linux folder names into something that makes sense to all us less technically minded and maybe even hiding all folders that would not normally be accessed for anything other than programme execution and everyday working with files for saving, copying, pasting, renaming, etc. All the 'normal' stuff we would do every day. Not the extraction and building sort of work. The individual programmes used for such work could make folders specifically needed then visible for use.
It would cut down on unnecessary clutter in the folder Tree.

Am I making sense?

The player works well TheeMann. I love the equalizer available as standard and the visualization works well too. I must play with it more when I have time.

Cheers, I hope I have been helpful and not fussy...
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Postby dougal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:09 am

Oooops... screen dump attached now.
Ultimate Player screen dump.jpg
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Next

Return to Programming