Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Player

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Player

Postby billhedrick » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks guru, if I can get it to classic gnome in a restart or 2 I will be happy
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby delicadaz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm

i just had a clementine error - your Gstreamer is missing a plugin !!!!

have no idea - i was in shower, but 2 songs did start then stop and goto next song........ i thought they maybe bad D/L mp3 (torrent D/L)

cheers DD
;smoko;
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:37 pm

nynoah wrote:Looks like an interesting project Thee. Thank you for taking the time to try and implement it. One of the things that I like about Clementine is how it is hooked into the Music Brainz data base system. This helps with looking up song names and fixing the MP3 tags. I think that is a great feature and hope it is kept with Ultimate Edition player. What I miss from Amarok 1.4 and is not included in Clementine is feature that would guess MP3 tags names from file names. It use to save time when trying to fix some of the MP3 tag names. Also if you are feeling adventurous, one of the features that I was was available was the ability to burn to CD or to export lists of music to another place. It may do this already and I have not figured it out. But this would be useful for me when I try to par down my vast music collection to a little less and put just those songs I want onto my laptop.

I have a 400 gig music collection on one system and I DJ at some events. I actually use the crude method of using Itunes on windows to drag a song over to WinAmp to play it. This can also be done on Ubuntu with Clementine dragging to Audacious. The reason for that is Audacious can port out to my external card while Clementine plays on my regular earphone out. Its simplistic but works the best. While MIXXX has been having issues for me. I wish someone would work on that project more.... sigh

Yes, that feature will remain. I also intend to integrate a video player, a one tool does all. Eventually when time permits I intend to build a windows based version.

I have also started writing remote control support using a PS3 IR remote (Thanks Meister). I wrote it in python and works flawlessly from the terminal. I will once again when time permits implement the code into Ultimate Player.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby dougal » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:48 pm

just been trying Ultimate Edition Player again. It seems to have installed well and again opens really fast.
I had a go at trying to get it to recognize the music on my Galaxy S-I9000 tonight.
I had to close Rythmbox first though. Then I was able to get Player to start searching my device.
It would be good if there was some sort of indication when the prog is searching because I closed the prog by accident (not sure how actually) thinking it was not doing anything. Oh yes I remember, I had got to the stage when the Plyaer had searched the device and I had the choice of converting music for the Player to play music. I could not see at this point what music the Player had picked up and presumed it had found all my MP3s so I clicked OK. The playlist search box closed but, nothing showed up on the Player and the window went grey, you know, when the system is spending a long time doing something and the comes back to full brightness. Well the Player didn't show anything in the playlist window but, a box on the right of the screen appeared showing text saying Ultimate Player search finished.
then under the playlist header that I had renamed appeared an entry called unknown and another under that called unknown and another under that with the name of an AVI video file that I have on the Galaxy S but, no names of music files or anything. There was an entry on the main window with the number 15 in it. I think this was maybe the amount of chapters in the video file. The Player could not play the video file though so I deleted the entry. I think the Player closed at this point. I noticed that the same thing happened when I reloaded the Player and went through the same process again. This time though I opted for converting music to the MP3 format and clicked OK. The Player still did not show any MP3 files it had found after it said it had finished searching. I found this a bit strange because the system can read and write to my Galaxy S without problem and even play music from the Galaxy S when I click on a music file but, Ultimate Edition Player cannot seem to either find the files or if it does then it does not display nor play the files.
Another thing that happens is that an error message comes up 'Cannot connect to MTP device'.
So in brief, the Player I think will play all the music it can find on the computer but, has great difficulty picking up my MP3 files from the music folder on my Galaxy S Android phone.
I hope this test has helped you further develop the Player.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Meister » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Thank you for the information . The more feedback we get like this , the better we know whats working right and what is not.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:17 pm

dougal wrote:just been trying Ultimate Edition Player again. It seems to have installed well and again opens really fast.
I had a go at trying to get it to recognize the music on my Galaxy S-I9000 tonight.
I had to close Rythmbox first though. Then I was able to get Player to start searching my device.
It would be good if there was some sort of indication when the prog is searching because I closed the prog by accident (not sure how actually) thinking it was not doing anything. Oh yes I remember, I had got to the stage when the Plyaer had searched the device and I had the choice of converting music for the Player to play music. I could not see at this point what music the Player had picked up and presumed it had found all my MP3s so I clicked OK. The playlist search box closed but, nothing showed up on the Player and the window went grey, you know, when the system is spending a long time doing something and the comes back to full brightness. Well the Player didn't show anything in the playlist window but, a box on the right of the screen appeared showing text saying Ultimate Player search finished.
then under the playlist header that I had renamed appeared an entry called unknown and another under that called unknown and another under that with the name of an AVI video file that I have on the Galaxy S but, no names of music files or anything. There was an entry on the main window with the number 15 in it. I think this was maybe the amount of chapters in the video file. The Player could not play the video file though so I deleted the entry. I think the Player closed at this point. I noticed that the same thing happened when I reloaded the Player and went through the same process again. This time though I opted for converting music to the MP3 format and clicked OK. The Player still did not show any MP3 files it had found after it said it had finished searching. I found this a bit strange because the system can read and write to my Galaxy S without problem and even play music from the Galaxy S when I click on a music file but, Ultimate Edition Player cannot seem to either find the files or if it does then it does not display nor play the files.
Another thing that happens is that an error message comes up 'Cannot connect to MTP device'.
So in brief, the Player I think will play all the music it can find on the computer but, has great difficulty picking up my MP3 files from the music folder on my Galaxy S Android phone.
I hope this test has helped you further develop the Player.

I do intend to have it scan for avi, mp4, mpg etc. Those features are currently un-implemented. I have contemplated <<- this will be a special word shortly switching to mysql over the lite, great benefits to those with large music collections. The weight of extra dependencies may be justified when it plays all (video / movies and music), however at this point not that way. The lite is great as far as speed when dealing with small collections and small databases.

On the device side of things, I will handle in a way unknown to the entire development of the original Clementine team. I hate to brag and typically refrain from doing so, but I have written streamlined code for simple remote access to the player I am sure they would love to see. When I dive into the core development of Ultimate Player, envious. I do not mind I will offer my source code openly, I am sure they will copy paste some of said code to help in their development.

I am here with one purpose & that is advancement not so much just operating systems, but software development. Time permitting I will show my capabilities. I do want ppl to bare in mind I am one man, I can make things happen perhaps what is perceived at a smaller scale. When viewed in "The Big Picture" phenomenal. When companies have 100's of ppl that work for them. I am sure they ask how is that possible.

Software automation is my answer. My largest project at hand will open an eye or 2.

I want to thank you dougal for reporting issues, however until I delve into the core means very little at this point. I have so much on my plate as it sits Ultimate Player sits on a burner 4 from seeing light of day. I have discussed with admin my intentions of Ultamatix, what should be my answer?

I want you to think about this as they plead their case, that was the tool that brought them to Linux in some cases. I have been badgered for the very same said tool. Did I write it? No, I just made it better.

Let's get this out in the open, I now have a lady friend. Only thing she asks of me is to wrap it. I have a "date" next weekend with another. Do not perceive me as a womanizer. Sound too good to be true? I love honesty. I have bounced back, however the womans intentions I have to always ask.

Want to know what the lady friend claims attracted her to me, even though I have been with her 3 times before? My brain. My mother does not buy it. Who does the man answer to?
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby maxmojo53 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 am

Theemahn,

This was a great idea. I have been using clemantine for some time now and I like it alot.. But this is just the greatest.. I've got it running on 2.6.x, 2.9, and even on Linux mint Debian (which is pretty cool BTW, if you haven't checked it out). Now all I need is real Iphone support (I know, I know, but the thing just f-ing works). Like I always say, you just seem to know what we want.
Like everone else I'm getting itchy for 3.0, but I can wait till its done.
Hope your doing well.

max
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Nvidia GTS 250 1024
2-500gb SATA, 1-260gb SATA, 1- 500gb Free Agent
8gb Corsair mem. Happague PVR-150 TV Capture card
Ultimate Edition 2.9 64, Windows 7
maxmojo53
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

Just wanted to say that this runs like a champ, no muss, no fuss. Well done, Thee Mahn!
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Donut123 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi Thee Mahn ..
soory to disturb you..
I cant seem to get the Ultimate player to show up
Im running Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 bit
I thought I did it correct ..but I get stumped on some