Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Parallax Usplash

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Parallax Usplash

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:35 pm

red_team316 wrote:I have updated my parallax usplash to be Intrepid Ibex (8.10) compatible.
It can be found here:
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.ph ... tent=89780

Wow, you have really outdone yourself there (yes it works in Ultimate Edition 2.0), I will have to view your source. You can count on modifications, unless you would like to make Ultimate Edition 2.1 Usplash (you know I do not have time for scratch), you have well outdone yourself there. I have seen a multitude of usplashes, but yours takes the cake. Fingerprint is the closest I have seen & I will say it again wow, you rule. Interested?

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby red_team316 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:42 am

Sure, feel free to mod it or whatever. I have been wanting to do some other different ideas too(not neccessarily parallaxing), but nobody else has really shot any ideas my way of what they would like to see if is possible either.

As far as Ultimate Edition 2.1, maybe me and cowboy could get together on a pseudo 3D usplash, If I remember correctly, it is him who has been doing the bazillion of different Ultimate Edition avatars. I think something like that would be neat. Hey, if you've got some other ideas, run them past me and I'll see how it might be possible to implement.

I did send an email to the guy who was originally responsible for the THEME_VERSION 3 changes. He did supply me with some example code although it is his old workaround code it appears, and not exactly a finalized example of the private pointer :P Eventually, I'll figure out how to use it properly...
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 am

How about this image back background spinning at the top and a progress bar. I can provide it in multiple images (frame by frame) / sizes.
Attachments
logo.gif
Ultimate Edition logo
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby NacIK » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:58 pm

This is awesome! Any chance of doing a separate Ubuntu or Ultimate Edition Usplash?
NacIK
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Well redteam your usplash as well as your modified by me ;) usplash will meet Ultimate Xmas Edition. Currently I am experiencing technical difficulties... Unable to even mirror it theme pack or Xmas Edition...
capacity.png
Capacity

Sweat not...
solutioninbound.png
A solution is inbound...

I am going to have to get the servers under control, it is my now #1 priority, Paul (University of maryland) told me he restricted users to 1 download at a time & droped his usage from 80% to 20%, this Gem is even better, redirects them as well, for those that like to act like they made it etc...

I hope to have it implemented on all servers shortly after thanksgiving.

Redteam, you deserve a pat on the back for your great work.

Thanks,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:41 pm

NacIK wrote:This is awesome! Any chance of doing a separate Ubuntu or Ultimate Edition Usplash?

There is a ultimate-edition-xmas-theme-pack coming... Once released will not be updated until xmas next year. The gift that just keeps giving ;) I can't even host Ultimate Edition 2.0 w/o it going down & 2 of the servers are hit in the mouth (I do have 6, not mentioning mirrors), how can I host Xmas edition of anything, please let me get my servers under control. No pun intended, not your fault damn leaches.

As can be seen above I am done asking... Now I will be doing the telling. Don't think I will not modify the script, it is GPL ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby red_team316 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:57 pm

heh, thats crazy lol. I would like to have the ability to restrict my download speed in firefox similar to torrenting so that I can actually surf while the download is occuring :/

I did finally get the frames extracted with GIMP. Was a major pain though. I'll have to find out if Animagic works decent under Wine or get around to figuring out Imageready(main reason I haven't is because it's way overkill for any of my needs)
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:11 pm

red_team316 wrote:heh, thats crazy lol. I would like to have the ability to restrict my download speed in firefox similar to torrenting so that I can actually surf while the download is occuring :/

I did finally get the frames extracted with GIMP. Was a major pain though. I'll have to find out if Animagic works decent under Wine or get around to figuring out Imageready(main reason I haven't is because it's way overkill for any of my needs)

Sorry,
sorry.png
My bad, I would have gladly provided anything I have.

You can restrict your bandwidth. This is not appropriate in this topic, I have written it in I believe in admin section "Our chat room" & apologise I do not have a direct answer, but you can find it there.

I actually contacted the writer of the script for any tips to accelerate me loading it on 6 servers, 1 I have no problem with, but I do not want to repeat the process 6 times, if I can "make it happen" across the board. After Thanksgiving is when I will tackle that bear, with or with out his input.

Sorry to put you through extra work, if you need something like that at least please ask first. Admin section is where I would ask if I was you, we are a happy family right ;)

Wow I just looked at that screenshot 5.6 GB free on a 500GB drive, time for a "cleanup". Like the username Santa, I am in the Xmas spirit or shortly will be there... I will spread the joy. Hopefully 1000's @ a time.

Thanks again,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby red_team316 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Ah ok, I'll look for it. Hopefully the search will produce some decent results.

I did ask in that thread but it's probably buried 50 feet deep by now lol. No biggie, it's done. I did use imagemagick after that to line all the frames up and palette them nicely afterwards. I started doing it by hand and got part of the way through and then thought, why am I doing this when I can use magick :D

I'm working on an xmas usplash based on some of cowboys work. Hopefully it will turn out decent.
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:56 pm

red_team316 wrote:Ah ok, I'll look for it. Hopefully the search will produce some decent results.

I did ask in that thread but it's probably buried 50 feet deep by now lol. No biggie, it's done. I did use imagemagick after that to line all the frames up and palette them nicely afterwards. I started doing it by hand and got part of the way through and then thought, why am I doing this when I can use magick :D

I'm working on an xmas usplash based on some of cowboys work. Hopefully it will turn out decent.

So what you are asking me is build another Xmas Edition? You do understand I got pissed off building what I did, this is acceptable. We have about 2 weeks to make it happen. I had full intentions of releasing Ultimate Xmas Edition, which none of you have even seen (what I was going to call final), yes this includes admin. You & Cowboy make your mark, we are a team. I am however giving you 2 a deadline, I never have to deal with them & you both will soon appreciate the situation. You 2 have 1 week the first of Dec, this gives me time to set up servers & mirroring etc.

I hope you 2 can provide, otherwise they will all be pissed at you, not me. Do not think I will not link to this post as why I have not released Ultimate Xmas Edition.

You will soon see what I go through and why I do not tell the end users "my release date", I guess a smart fella can read between those lines and see Ultimate Xmas Edition is not being released until Dec 1st at the earliest.

Wish you both the best,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Programming