Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 pm

where are all you Phenom fellas coming from? I have seen a ton of them here, before its over you may search the term in google "Phenom" and I am #1, it is all your fault ;) I am sure AMD would be pissed. Phenom is not in my sig BTW.

I have not touched Ultimatix in some time, will I reproach the situation yes, I now have time at least I will after this weekend. I deserve a breather please allow me to have it. As of today Ultimate Edition 1.9 is now "official", this may seem different to you, my you have had it a week, blah blah, now the net has it aren't you glad you are a forum member? Funny how it all works, I was tempted to never release it to the net if it were not for Paul. Big things happen most are oblivious to.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby yosumi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 am

Don't use Ultamatix!

I installed w32codecs through Ultamatix and firefox ALWAYS closes by itself unexpectedly whenever I play youtube and other flash video stream.

Also, if you install more than two options in Ultamatix, e.g. w32codecs and non-free codecs at once, it will only install one of them and gives an error to another.

so I had to reformat the whole computer and reinstall Ultimate Edition 1.9 and acquire non-free and w32codecs through synaptic.

No problems so far.
yosumi
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby artifacts » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:24 am

yosumi wrote:Don't use Ultamatix!

I installed w32codecs through Ultamatix and firefox ALWAYS closes by itself unexpectedly whenever I play youtube and other flash video stream.

Also, if you install more than two options in Ultamatix, e.g. w32codecs and non-free codecs at once, it will only install one of them and gives an error to another.

so I had to reformat the whole computer and reinstall Ultimate Edition 1.9 and acquire non-free and w32codecs through synaptic.

No problems so far.

Yosumi,

Things you could have done:

1. Ultamatix has an uninstall option (click Next Tab).
Code: Select all
If you're running ubuntu, the easiest way to get this working (and make sure you have some essentials) is to run a few commands.

(if you're running gusty, just change hardy to gutsy it in the first command)

sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/hardy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install w32codecs libdvdcss2 w32codecs mozilla-mplayer sun-java6-plugin flashplugin-nonfree

Once it's done, restart firefox and ninja should be up and running.

Wine is not necessary.

Last edited by TheNativeRaver (08-13-2008 19:49:48)

3. Use Synaptic to fix broken package.
Code: Select all
How to fix broken packages

'Broken packages' are packages that have unsatisfied dependencies. If broken packages are detected, Synaptic will not allow any further changes to the system until all broken packages have been fixed.

To fix broken packages

o
          Choose Edit > Fix Broken Packages from the menu.
          o
            Choose Apply Marked Changes from the Edit menu or press Ctrl + P.
          o
            Confirm the summary of changes and click Apply.

More Info Here -Synaptic Package Manager

In my opinion a reinstall was not necessary. But if that worked out for you fine. And ya i try not to overload Ultamatix , i pick one at a time and install. If it breaks i can see the exact link thats bad and repair or substitute source. I personally installed a Ubuntu AMD64 8.04.1 cd. After that added Ultimate Edition Repositories like DaddyX3 explained. Then i got the Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix) Deb package that TheeMahn made. Ultamatix, if used right can give good results but has its limitations like every other package manager; cause basically the program is that.

Next time give feedback. Dont say "Don't use Ultamatix!". Post your problem and the admin and mods will help out or anybody else. i'm new to the linux field( 1.5yrs on and off) . Its a challenge i tell you that....lol

Thanx for yout time
Mainboard - ASrock AM2NF6G-VSTA
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ "Manchester"
Ram - 4 GB DDR2-677
Video - Geforce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Sata 0 - 300gb Maxtor
Sata 1 - Philips Dvd-Burner 20x
IDE - 200gb Maxtor

PlayStation 2- Chubby w/ Playstation Network Adpater
200gb Maxtor ATA 133 16mb cache (61 Games+Apps+Music+AVI Videos, 54gb free)
PlayStation 2 8 MB Memory Card + Free McBoot 1.8b

artifacts
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby tuxsax » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 am

artifacts wrote:i'm new to the linux field( 1.5yrs on and off) . Its a challenge i tell you that....lol

Let me encourage you, I'm not that new in Linux, I have already 10 years on and off, I tried almost every distro out there (except DistroX) and still sometimes I can find myself in a hard challenge, but that's what it makes it interesting, because depending on much patience you have and your will to overcome any situation, at the end there's always a fix or a workaround.
Ziv
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby tuxsax » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:13 am

The funny thing is that when I started with Linux, my internet here was through dial-up analog modem, and there were a lot of problems with the regular modems that came with the PCs, the "win modem" was the standard and they didn't work well on RH6, no drivers, etc, I bought a very expensive "hardware" modem that still worked with the old ISA16 slot instead of those cheap chips "software" PCI modems. Being a newbie, bringing a linux desktop to dial up to the internet successful was a task that took me a long time to solve. And even then, the info on the net wasn't like today. Today the forums are full of info and how-tos, there are sites dedicated to how-tos, and most of times that I needed help with something, I didn't even have to ask, the answers were there already. All I had to do is to use the search feature on the forum.
It's nice to contribute also, I wrote myself a couple of howtos here and there and there's nothing better than seeing the thanks people give you for "saving them"

So, if you wanna take the challenge, you won't be disappointed, but you must take it easy and dedicate yourself and some of your time. Linux is great but sometimes you need to work hard to make it the way you want.
What are your options? You can go and pay 200-300 bucks and get Vista, but you also will need a high end PC to be able to run it, and you'll also need to pay a few more hundreds to get the rest of the software you need, and all that just because the wold is "addict" to Microsoft and all it's friends...
I prefer to work a little harder and get it all for free.
And now, with people like Ubuntu community, and guys like TheeMahn the task is even easier, the tweaking I need to do to my PC after installing are minimal and only have to do with my personal preferences, and not with something that is "not working".
So, have fun "tweaking" your own PC. It will only hold you for 6 months until you decide to install the newer version...
It's funny to think that with Windows I've always held the same version for 3 or 4 years before moving to the newer version. With Linux I'm counting the days and hours to put my hands on the new release and I install it immediately.
Ziv
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby red_team316 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:59 pm

What's up with http://ultamatix.com/ , did you forget to pay the bill? It's gone :/
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:12 pm

red_team316 wrote:What's up with http://ultamatix.com/ , did you forget to pay the bill? It's gone :/

I think this might have something to do with him recently (like as in the last 2 days) moving into a new house.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:24 pm

DaddyX3 wrote:
red_team316 wrote:What's up with http://ultamatix.com/ , did you forget to pay the bill? It's gone :/

I think this might have something to do with him recently (like as in the last 2 days) moving into a new house.

Nope bandwidth exceeded... Resolving it as I type ;)

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:50 pm

How does a website having jack squat as Ultamaix.com (nothing but webpages & a 2MB file) cause it to drop, same as ultimateedition.info it is the raw amount of requests, I have seen 1.1 million hits in a day off 1 server, I have 8... Do the math ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby hello123 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi
I have ubuntu hardy latest updated, can i run ultimate script on it?

where do I fnd it.
hello123
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Programming