Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:47 pm

DaddyX3 wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:
kiwinsn wrote:Tried out Frostwire tonight, but nothing happens.

I have had this issue ever since installing 1.8 64bit.

Limewire installs and runs fine.....for Limewire.

I click on the link for Frostwire, and absolutely nothing
happens.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Frostwire will not run with compiz running period, I am fairly certain where the problem resides, multiple bug reports have been filed.

Allow me to correct myself another bug filed...
Code: Select all
cd /usr/lib/frostwire
java -jar FrostWire.jar

Let me know if that does not fix it for you. If it is the second that fixes it for you, I will re-write that section and make it work, is it my job to fix their software? I provide an example:
Code: Select all
function wopinstall {
dpkg_check
if test -f worldofpadman.run
then
./worldofpadman.run 2>&1 | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultamatix/pixmaps/wop.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --pulsate --auto-close --title "Installing World Of Padman..."
else
wget -c http://thilo.kickchat.com/download/worldofpadman.run 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultamatix/pixmaps/wop.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading World Of Padman..."
sudo chmod +x worldofpadman.run
./worldofpadman.run 2>&1 | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultamatix/pixmaps/wop.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --pulsate --auto-close --title "Installing World Of Padman..."
fi
#create Icon since they cant seem to do it right
#since we have root we need to discover normal username so we can create the shortcut & set proper permissions
NU=$(cat /etc/passwd | grep 1000 | cut -d: -f1)
#set proper permissions
sudo chown -R $NU:$NU "/usr/local/games/WoP/"
if [ "$architecture" = "x86_64" ]; then
sudo echo "[Desktop Entry]
Name=World Of Padman 
Comment=World of padman
Exec=/usr/local/games/WoP/wop-engine.x86_64
Icon=/usr/local/games/WoP/wop.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Game;" >> /usr/share/applications/worldofpadman.desktop
else
sudo echo "[Desktop Entry]
Name=World Of Padman 
Comment=World of padman
Exec=/usr/local/games/WoP/wop-engine.i386
Icon=/usr/local/games/WoP/wop.png
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Game;" >> /usr/share/applications/worldofpadman.desktop
fi
}

function wopremove {
#created custom uninstaller since theirs does not work.  kicks back "Could not find a usable uninstall program. Aborting."
NU=$(cat /etc/passwd | grep 1000 | cut -d: -f1)
#create directory incase they installed it elsewhere, no sense in scraping all thier games
sudo mkdir /usr/local/games/WoP/ 2>/dev/null
sudo mkdir /home/$NU/WoP 2>/dev/null
#remove it
echo "Removing World Of Padman please wait ..."
sudo rm -R /home/$NU/WoP 2>/dev/null
sudo rm -R /usr/local/games/WoP/ 2>/dev/null
#remove shortcut created earlier
sudo rm /usr/share/applications/worldofpadman.desktop
echo "Done."
}

Note the: #create Icon since they cant seem to do it right
#since we have root we need to discover normal username so we can create the shortcut & set proper permissions. I have done that more then once creating Ultamatix... Just not my job. Keeps getting better notice this as well... #created custom uninstaller since theirs does not work. kicks back "Could not find a usable uninstall program. Aborting." I will not even get into the python I have re-written.

TheeMahn

Gosh darn show off! :o I bet you think you know everything about Ultamatix don't you!? .... ok, maybe you do... but I betcha I have a nicer hair-cut than you do :!: <BREW>

You are probably correct at least about the haircut, I am pretty much bald ;)

Testing 32 bit I traced down the problem wxwidgets declared in maininterface.py, even though it was not being used, works perfectly now, testing compiz fusion git built (yery experimental), what it tells you before installation:

This is a very experimental script!!! You risk having to possibly re-install your O/S or break compiz. If YOU ARE SURE you want to install Compiz fusion (git built) then hit YES or else hit NO. If you hit NO, Ultamatix will resume with the rest of the chosen options.

Fun fun... After I finish testing I will install vanilla hardy and test it there as well, if all goes well I may be putting the website up sometime this weekend.

Have a good weekend,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby pokkets » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:37 pm

I have to add my two bits worth. I switched from windows to ubuntu and haven't looked backed, but standard ubuntu was so brown. (first impressions make a difference) When I first saw Ultimate, (it might have been christmas) I was sure I was onto something. Since I installed and kept up with the updates. Learning linux has been fun, and all of the problems I have created myself (experimenting) The applications include have given a clear example of what linux can do. Now I have a new dual core with windows vista , I installed ultimate before I first booted windows, in case windows got it's hooks into places it wasn't supposed to be. and so far I've used vista to make backup disks (they don't give you disks sometimes, and the backup takes 27 CDs-I used DVDs)
Windows makes it seem like you're only borrowing it from microsoft. Enough windows bashing.It's so hard to bash on windows.
I'm waiting for my next usage cycle to download the new script, and I can't wait Go from 64 kb/s-1500kbp/s. Packages and distros are being upgraded all the time, and TheeMahn is keeping up with the best of them with a fraction of the help.
I can get fairly verbose so I'll finish with a summary.
Great job!!!! I consider it a service to Humanity, making computers user friendly instead of windows friendly (accursed monopolists.) Looks like you're drawing quite a crowd who are pleased by what they see.
Thanks for the effort.
pokkets
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:00 am

Just an update on Ultamatix work which will be released in a day or 2 to the general public ultamatix-1.8.0-3 (now with 101 programs / games), I have done a fresh install of hardy heron amd64, and so we begin...

step1.png
fresh install, hardy amd64, installed restricted and downloaded 49 updates, rebooted

step2.png
installed Ultamatix

step4.png
package selection (note: ultimate-edition-themes (I made this yesterday)

will it work.png
Will it work?

yep.png
Yep 0 errors other then what I told it not to install yet...

toocool.png
too cool I love eyecandy

light.png
don't like a dark theme? Change it...

End results of running Ultamatix soon to follow...

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Epic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:38 am

This is my first post since a really looooong... time :) I just installed Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 and I started to use Ultimatix (BTW a very awesome tool). I was able to install some software correctly, however, when trying to install "Ubuntu Restricted Extras and Multimedia Codecs", Ultimatix hangs and does not respond (it hangs on a small blue screen, where if I'm not mistaken is the screen where you accept the licence agreement (idk if this is correct since I'm never able to get any progress)... I end up having to reboot my computer. Is this a known issue, or is it just me having this problem?

I applaud TheeMahn and all the people involved in this project. Thanks for all your hard work and all the time you invested on this great project.
Epic
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am

Epic wrote:This is my first post since a really looooong... time :) I just installed Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 and I started to use Ultimatix (BTW a very awesome tool). I was able to install some software correctly, however, when trying to install "Ubuntu Restricted Extras and Multimedia Codecs", Ultimatix hangs and does not respond (it hangs on a small blue screen, where if I'm not mistaken is the screen where you accept the licence agreement (idk if this is correct since I'm never able to get any progress)... I end up having to reboot my computer. Is this a known issue, or is it just me having this problem?

I applaud TheeMahn and all the people involved in this project. Thanks for all your hard work and all the time you invested on this great project.

Hi Epic - I think what you are missing here is the fact that you have to 'Tab' key to highlight the "OK" button on the blue screen and then hit enter. It is not a problem with the installer and its not 'hanging' on ya. You just have to use the Tab key to select 'OK' and then hit enter.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Epic » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:11 pm

DaddyX3 wrote:
Epic wrote:This is my first post since a really looooong... time :) I just installed Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 and I started to use Ultimatix (BTW a very awesome tool). I was able to install some software correctly, however, when trying to install "Ubuntu Restricted Extras and Multimedia Codecs", Ultimatix hangs and does not respond (it hangs on a small blue screen, where if I'm not mistaken is the screen where you accept the licence agreement (idk if this is correct since I'm never able to get any progress)... I end up having to reboot my computer. Is this a known issue, or is it just me having this problem?

Hi Epic - I think what you are missing here is the fact that you have to 'Tab' key to highlight the "OK" button on the blue screen and then hit enter. It is not a problem with the installer and its not 'hanging' on ya. You just have to use the Tab key to select 'OK' and then hit enter.

Sorry, I don't think I explained my self well...I actually don't get to the screen were you have to select "OK" (thats what I meant "no progress" and when I said "I think this is the screen where I have to accept some kind of license") This was my guess, because I've done this before 2 years ago on regular Ubuntu (installing the restricted extras and multimedia codecs). When I get home, I will post a screenie so that you'll see where it's getting stuck. Thank you for your time. :)

UPDATE: Strange...it works now. Don't know what happened...Thanks for the help anyways.
Epic
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Glad its working for you now. I almost missed that 'Update:' at the bottom of your post. :D
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby cowboy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Gremlins no doubt.. :|
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 pm

So am I, I seen this post earlier, but didn't say anything cuz it looked like Daddy had it under wraps ;)

I want to let everybody know it is coming I just dropped this in admin / mod section...
I am not happy installing Ultimate Edition 1.9 and it uses xfce as the default install env., I will have to look into how to change it, the gnome I am sure is off the hook after install...

Install:
nothappy.png

After installation uses kubuntu usplash (easy for me to fix)

it then comes to the login window:
login.png

Which defaults to go back into xfce, I will have to learn where to set the default session and rebuild... I do not want to take the time to learn where each environment stores it defaults... It was bad enough to learn gnomes...

once gnome is selected it is indeed off the hook:
firstbootup.png

will ultamatix work?
ultamatix.png

is it really necessary?
goodies out the wazoo.png

give me my drivers so I can play.png

Environments:
kde.png

multimedia.png

I will come back and post the proper screenshots, unless you want to do it daddy ;) I am quite busy...
Last edited by DaddyX3 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cause the boss told me so ..... what a slave driver! ;)

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 am

Like I'm not busy!? I'm busy enjoying all your hard work damn it! Can't you just let me sit back and be lazy while you do all the hard work :!: :?:

DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

PreviousNext

Return to Programming