Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Postby nicgom » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:30 pm

nice work Thee, take your time, and try to enjoy what you creat.
here in berlin, you have a lot of fans, most of my friends are now ultimate user´s, some of them did´t even want to keep the old xp on their machines after i installed ultimate for them, just yesterday a friend of mine boght three systems and he decided to order tham without OS. he´s going all the way with Ultimate.

as for Ultamatix, i showed it at the university to the guys in the informatic labors, they where a little sceptic, they´re now loving it.

i have now a question, and please excuseme if this is a stupid one, what is the difference of a regular ubuntu installation with all the software from Ultamatix installed and Ultimated Edition?
nicgom
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby drama » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:46 pm

nicgom wrote:i have now a question, and please excuseme if this is a stupid one

while i cant really answer your question as i dont kno what is going on "under the hood". i will say this. we have a lil motto here...well at least i do. "the only stupid question is the one not asked"

<BREW>

-drama
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 am

drama1981 wrote:
nicgom wrote:i have now a question, and please excuseme if this is a stupid one

while i cant really answer your question as i dont kno what is going on "under the hood". i will say this. we have a lil motto here...well at least i do. "the only stupid question is the one not asked"

<BREW>

-drama

I have my own motto .... "the only stupid question is the one 'I can't answer'" .... hehehe :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm

nicgom wrote:nice work Thee, take your time, and try to enjoy what you creat.
here in berlin, you have a lot of fans, most of my friends are now ultimate user´s, some of them did´t even want to keep the old xp on their machines after i installed ultimate for them, just yesterday a friend of mine boght three systems and he decided to order tham without OS. he´s going all the way with Ultimate.

as for Ultamatix, i showed it at the university to the guys in the informatic labors, they where a little sceptic, they´re now loving it.

i have now a question, and please excuseme if this is a stupid one, what is the difference of a regular ubuntu installation with all the software from Ultamatix installed and Ultimated Edition?

This may surprise you, but I am running a fresh install of debain lenny & Ultamatix to scrap any errors that exist there as well, a pic is appropriate here as well... I will tell you this it is still not bulletproof, but I am working on making that happen.
responsiveness.png
Debian, funny looks like Ultimate Edition

Now to your question, in "all" I hope to make the results of taking plain jane Ubuntu and Ultamatix, also working on debian to be the same(as can be seen). You install Ubuntu or Debian and with a few clicks you have Ultimate Edition. It is not perfect yet, but will be. Milestones are taken 1 step at a time. I tried to claim that Ultamatix was a Ultimate Edition killer to the admin, they would not hear it.
ultamatix on debian.png
working on bugs as I type ;)

Alot of users love Ultimate Edition because it is all there "right out of the box", and for this sole reason Ultimate Edition will continue. I have a Ultimate Edition 1.9 on the net (admin & beta testers) the admin have tested and no problems other then the usplash is not there.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Zero Prime » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:18 am

Now if we could just get rid of the nay sayers that go to every site and tell everyone not to install Ultamatix. Even the Automatix developer is talking smack and saying we are spouting off FUD.
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Windows 7 64bit / Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Phenom 945 3.0Ghz Quad core
Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:33 pm

He has no clue... That was obvious to me by viewing his code, I grant you still not perfect, but a step in the "right" direction. He is a "sell-out" anyways ;) Why not go to work for m$. They would probably pay him more then $15,000 in hosting bills anyways ;) I do have newer then I have dropped to the web, I will skip many a version before an "official" release. People such as yourself can see and know this I go out of my way to ensure perfection, but what did I start with, I probably would have been further ahead to start from scratch. Let him spout I will have the last word.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby mrmond » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:43 am

I have been using ultimatix on a fresh install of 8.04
Well gutsy with all the updates then an upgrade followed by8.04 updates.

On the whole is does what I expect but I have a couple of problems/questions.

For some reason I have 2 repoubuntu software repos in my sources list and had to remove one of them.
Does the script self update when you make changes ? I remeber when using automatix some time back on gutsy that updates would appear in the update manager if there were updates to the program,new items for programs it handles added.

Using ultimatix to install AWN I was never able to access the preferences menu. I had to uninstall and add the source list from the awn home page and then it was fine. I found that a bit odd.

Wanting to install open arena I couldn't because of depends of the data package even though the one listed in synaptic said it was the correct version for the main program.
I again had to untick repoubuntu and reload then install the previous version.

When updates are available if I leave repoubuntu source activated which takes precedence. an update from the official hardy source list or the one from ultimatix ?

On the whole everything else works fine. I'm just not sure if I am messing things up further if I try to install from synaptic and I have something listed in medibuntu/repoubuntu or whatever. Should I be making sure that if a prgram in synaptic is listed as being in the repobuntu source that I should not use synaptic and instead install using the ultimatix utility so that it's own scripts sort it out ?

Perhaps I'm asking too much in one go. If I am I apologize.

mrmond
mrmond
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby cowboy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 am

First of all welcome to Ultimate Edition..your comments are seen.. ;) And feed back is needed..only way to perfect the program.
Ultamatix has come along ways from the dropped Automatix..you have not seen everything yet..I see the hand writting on the wall.. ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Baphomet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:55 am

strider5236 wrote:I have used it on many fresh installs of 8.04 and I have not come up with any issue's. I feel that it is flawless so far. TheeMahn has a gift for fixing peoples half ass'd work, and perfects it. Cheers to you TheeMahn.

NOTICE:

You have exceeded your monthly Emoticon Bandwidth Allocation.
Further 'mote usage will be billed to your account at the rate of $.10 (ten-cents) per usage.

Additional and outrageous charges, mainly for annoying the hell out of me, may apply.

F--k that... WILL apply.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm

Hey...Happy Birthday.....
Do not worry about any charges..its on me...
Will charge it..lol
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God