Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Postby artifacts » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:33 am

strider5236 wrote:I came across this article today and it really pi##ed me off. I don't get why people are always bashing TheeMahn's work. He does nothing but strive for excellence, but gets criticized for it. These people need to get there facts strait.
I personaly love Ultimatix and have had no problems. Your work is flawless in my eyes Thee. <BREW>

Link to article. http://www.qense.nl/posts/ubuntu-nl-warns-for-ultimatix

These guy's can kiss my as@. :twisted:

I agree there a bunch of cornballz. TheeMahn thanx for all ya hardwork.

I had problems with Ultimate 1.9 x86 dvd but that didnt stop me. The kernel didnt like my mouse or something. So what i did i got a Ubuntu AMD64 8.04.1 cd and installed that. After that added Ultimate Edition Repositories like DaddyX3 explained. Then i got the Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix) Deb package that TheeMahn made.

Everything i wanted was installed and updated except for the the Ultimate Theme. It became broken so i used synaptic mananger to remove....easy. The Ultamatix provides some very good software. The ones i really need iz the most common burning apps, audio apps, all proper codecs, video players, etc... I dont wanna spend all day in synaptic manager looking for that stuff...lol.

Instead of coming on this forum and giving feedback they criticize. What happened to being an open source community sharing and helping moto. Some people get super egos. Linux is like an old car that you've been working on for years in the meaning that you do many things manually not for the weak hearted and of course i still run xp.

Dont Hate the Player Hate the Game!!!
Mainboard - ASrock AM2NF6G-VSTA
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ "Manchester"
Ram - 4 GB DDR2-677
Video - Geforce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Sata 0 - 300gb Maxtor
Sata 1 - Philips Dvd-Burner 20x
IDE - 200gb Maxtor

PlayStation 2- Chubby w/ Playstation Network Adpater
200gb Maxtor ATA 133 16mb cache (61 Games+Apps+Music+AVI Videos, 54gb free)
PlayStation 2 8 MB Memory Card + Free McBoot 1.8b

artifacts
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby deate » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

I'm confused??? Ubuntu-Nl??? Is this part of Ubuntu that posts a "sticky" about Beryl and Compiz, that says if you break it you own both halves? Yeah, that's really helpful! I just wished I was as smart and "ELITE" as to not have time for those who "Obviously" way to dumb to use Linux...I don't know why people get the impression that Linux is only for GEEKS, do you???(perhaps... say these guys?) I just know, that here, someone is trying to help others get away from Microsoft, without having to go back to school and study programming, and I for one appreciate it...and the motto here seems to be..."If you break it, we'll try to help you fix it"
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby red_team316 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:20 pm

TheeMahn, I saw your list of fixes and changelog for 1.8.0-4. Looks like you've got something worthwhile here. I'm planning on checking it out but will wait til 1.8.0-4 is released as the package manager detection is a very nice feature that would be a must for me.

Is Envy going to be added? I didn't find it in the list of software. I've used Envy in the past(sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't lol, I install manually now). I'm just curious on your standpoint on this, since obviously there are always going to be new graphics cards that just won't work right at first. Would this point mean that Envy may be considered "unstable" enough not to be included in Ultimatix?

I'm also digging the fact that you have KDE3 listed, as it looks like Kubuntu Intrepid is going to ship with KDE4 only.

As far as the reviewers, it certainly seems some of them did not look at the code(you can't argue with the source) or try it at all. I can understand some peoples issues with the -assume-yes code. As long as it is installing a certain version of software and not the newest version, then I see no problem with it as the results are easily reproducable and should yeild the same result.
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby tuxsax » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:36 am

Hi guys,
I ran the Ultamatix script that came with my lately new installation of Ultimate Edition 1.9 x64
All went fine except that now, every time I run update manager I get an error, here's a screen shot:
Screenshot.png
Update Manager Error

The full text of the error is this:
Code: Select all
Failed to fetch http://www.getautomatix.com/apt/dists/feisty/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404 Not Found
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Hope someone can help
Thanks,
Ziv
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Cab » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:49 am

Thats the second time I seen someone say that... Feisty that was 2 releases ago. Have you modified your repo list ? Should be Hardy. Next thing you know we'll see some Edgy ones pop up.
Cab
Site Admin

Postby tuxsax » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:56 pm

strider5236 wrote:I think it might have something to do with Ultimatix. I had the same thing in my repo list and had to delete it.

I'm positive it has something to do with the Ultamatix, and I guess with that "Avidemux" package which I don't know what I've checked that made it come to the list... Otherwise I wouldn't post a message in this topic.

I didn't touch my sources.list (yet), didn't feel I needed to, so far, everything works like charm with the sources Thee Man gently stuffed my PC with...

Anyway, I just wanted to know if the best solution is just to remove that line or to edit it for hardy, nothing else?
TIA
Ziv
U.E. Master

Postby apc15x » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:35 pm

strider5236 wrote:
zivley wrote:
strider5236 wrote:I think it might have something to do with Ultimatix. I had the same thing in my repo list and had to delete it.

I'm positive it has something to do with the Ultamatix, and I guess with that "Avidemux" package which I don't know what I've checked that made it come to the list... Otherwise I wouldn't post a message in this topic.

I didn't touch my sources.list (yet), didn't feel I needed to, so far, everything works like charm with the sources Thee Man gently stuffed my PC with...

Anyway, I just wanted to know if the best solution is just to remove that line or to edit it for hardy, nothing else?
TIA
Ziv

I did. I don't like conflicts, or taking the chance of that line downloading something thats not compatible. That's me though. It's up to you if you want it or not. ;)

I had the same problem but I also did as strider5236 and just deleted the line and everything is fine. Bye the way congrats strider5236 on the new position. <BREW> <BREW>
    Dual Boot Win7 64 / Ultimate 2.4 x 64
    CPU: Intel Core 2Duo 3.0 E8400 Wolfdale 45nm
    MB: Intel Desktop DG31PR-1333
    Ram: 4GB DDR2 800 mhz
    Video: Intel Media Accelerator 3100
    Hard Disk: Sata WD 500GB
    20X DVD Burner
    Seagate 500 GB External Hard Drive
apc15x
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby tuxsax » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:54 am

apc15x wrote:

I did. I don't like conflicts, or taking the chance of that line downloading something thats not compatible. That's me though. It's up to you if you want it or not. ;)

I had the same problem but I also did as strider5236 and just deleted the line and everything is fine. Bye the way congrats strider5236 on the new position. <BREW> <BREW>

Ok, followed your suggestion and removed the problematic "getautomatix" line, thanks.

Regarding your new position, strider5236, congrats, and I have only one thing to say:
With great power comes great responsibility
Ziv
U.E. Master

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 pm

red_team316 wrote:TheeMahn, I saw your list of fixes and changelog for 1.8.0-4. Looks like you've got something worthwhile here. I'm planning on checking it out but will wait til 1.8.0-4 is released as the package manager detection is a very nice feature that would be a must for me.

Is Envy going to be added? I didn't find it in the list of software. I've used Envy in the past(sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't lol, I install manually now). I'm just curious on your standpoint on this, since obviously there are always going to be new graphics cards that just won't work right at first. Would this point mean that Envy may be considered "unstable" enough not to be included in Ultimatix?

I'm also digging the fact that you have KDE3 listed, as it looks like Kubuntu Intrepid is going to ship with KDE4 only.

As far as the reviewers, it certainly seems some of them did not look at the code(you can't argue with the source) or try it at all. I can understand some peoples issues with the -assume-yes code. As long as it is installing a certain version of software and not the newest version, then I see no problem with it as the results are easily reproducable and should yeild the same result.

This is what really grabs my goat I have code in -4 (not fully implemented that uses ubuntu's very own update manager, are they going to complain then? Just because it asks are you sure one more time? They do not like the --assume-yes, well I could remove it and have it ask you if you are sure 110+ times. I have not worked on Ultamatix because of making Ultimate Edition 1.9 "officially" released to the web less then 1 hour ago. I am sure the forum users enjoyed having it weeks before them ;) Same with ultamatix newest on the web is -3, forum users have -4, not to mention the new theme pack that the admin have been playing with, which I plan on letting the forum users have at this eve (released as a global announcement), it is huge and a real piece of "eyecandy work".

Cab and I discussed this, he fully now understands package management, and says I should not change a thing, all that work I would have to implement to have it ask 1 more are you sure and if a package is broken on a repo, it is going to break period. Who do they complain to? me? Update Manager? Or the repo maintainer in which the package came from? I will give you the answer... The repo man. I do not care if you use synaptic to install a broken package it is going to break are you going to know that package is broken before you hit yes?

People such as that are as I read here somewhere haters, don't hate the player, hate the game ;)

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby smuggly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 pm

Not Sure If This Will Help But I Tried Avidemux Had Problems,Changed To Avidemux (QT) And It Works Great,Just Mt 2 Cents,...........Smuggly
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Phenom 9750X4 Quad,4Gigs G-Skill PC 1066 Ganged Mode
2 500Gb Hd Etc.Ultimate Edition 2.1 X64 ALC 889AHD Sound And Hybrid Xfire Graphics Ati 3200Hd,All Running Great On Ultimate Edition 2.1X_64!!Hauppauge pvr 150 television pci card
smuggly

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Programming