Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Advise On Programming

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Advise On Programming

Postby Tib » Mon May 19, 2008 1:55 am

Alright, here's my question :P, I know absolutely nothing about programming, but after seeing all these projects that work towards a more stable/enjoyable OS (Wine, Ultimate Edition, etc), it makes me want to learn to program, so that one day, I might be as knowledgeable as the great TheeMahn :P.
I read the other posts looking for any info, but didn't really find what I wanted. I'm wondering what languages are used to program linux/most linux-based stuff, and/or what language would be best to learn. I toyed around with BASIC for half an hour a while back, cause someone said I should start with that....but I gave up on it, cause I haven't heard of anything using BASIC in a while, and I wanted to learn something that I could actually USE :P.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks!

Tib
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
HD: 250GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO

Laptop:
RAM: 2 Gigs
CPU: AMD64 X2 2GHz
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150M
HD's: Internal 150 Gig
Quad-boot: Vista/XP/1.8 x86 Gamers/1.9 x64

TIP: If a program fails to start, run it from the terminal to see the error text!
Tib

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Advise On Programming

Postby Kaousama » Mon May 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Python is an easy to learn programming language, and is quite useful. One of the parts that I like about it is that I can "glue" together projects I do in C++ (which is faster, but also more pain to write) and other formats real easily. I think Python would be a good program for a beginner, as it is interpreted so you can see what each line of code does.
Kaousama
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Return to Programming