Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

No wonder it's called Ultimate

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

No wonder it's called Ultimate

Postby Chris Saunders » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:44 pm

:) I used to be stuck with Windows 'till I had the fortune to encounter Moebius who introduced me to Ultimate Edition which I impressed me immediately, even though I had a few problems using it. After annoying him again he put me onto OZ Unity which I can thoroughly recommend for it's user friendliness. I have an H.P. Compaq computer with a 500 gb hard drive running Oz Unity and Ultimate Edition 2.6.3 operating systems and am now as happy as a pig in you know what.
Thank to all especially Moebius from an ancient dude. :D
Chris Saunders
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Re: No wonder it's called Ultimate

Postby dougal » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 am

Welcome Chris

Moebius has done you proud. Both are fine systems in their own right. Although I have OZ recently installed I think I will always prefer Ultimate Edition. I don't know what it is exactly, I just like Ultimate Edition over anything else out there. I use 2.9 as my main system just now and untill I see what 3.1 and 3.2 will be like. I have 3.0 installed but, for me it is not doing it. There has been a slight deviation from course with 3.0 and TheeMahn has indicated he wants 3.1 and 3.2 to be back on track. I believe a lot of us will be looking forward to version 3.1 and 3.2 when they come out more than version 3.0. This is only my humble opinion. 2.6 is a good system but, if I were you I would seriously consider moving to either 2.8 or 2.9. Both are further advanced with some of the basics and certain things like wireless connection just feel more automatic.
2.8 or 2.9 might not be for you though, especially if your system is 'older'.
I am about to install 2.9 onto this older Sony Vaio to see how it goes. Providing there is no real lag in operation I will keep it as the main system on this machine too.
I hope you enjoy your venture into Linux and especially Ultimate Edition. For me it is the only way to go. After all it has been the Linux Android system that is taking the mobile World by storm. We just need to see Linux getting a foot-hold in the business arena like Unix did many years ago and Windows will all but, fall by the way-side. then development of Linux will take off like never before - that may not necessarily be a good thing though, here I go rabbiting on again.
Hope to see you here as a regular... Dougal.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 pm

dougal wrote:Welcome Chris

Moebius has done you proud. Both are fine systems in their own right. Although I have OZ recently installed I think I will always prefer Ultimate Edition. I don't know what it is exactly, I just like Ultimate Edition over anything else out there. I use 2.9 as my main system just now and untill I see what 3.1 and 3.2 will be like. I have 3.0 installed but, for me it is not doing it. There has been a slight deviation from course with 3.0 and TheeMahn has indicated he wants 3.1 and 3.2 to be back on track. I believe a lot of us will be looking forward to version 3.1 and 3.2 when they come out more than version 3.0. This is only my humble opinion. 2.6 is a good system but, if I were you I would seriously consider moving to either 2.8 or 2.9. Both are further advanced with some of the basics and certain things like wireless connection just feel more automatic.
I am about to install 2.9 onto this older Sony Vaio to see how it goes. Providing there is no real lag in operation I will keep it as the main system on this machine too.
I hope you enjoy your venture into Linux and especially Ultimate Edition. For me it is the only way to go. After all it has been the Linux Android system that is taking the mobile World by storm. We just need to see Linux getting a foot-hold in the business arena like Unix did many years ago and Windows will all but, fall by the way-side. then development of Linux will take off like never before - that may not necessarily be a good thing though, here I go rabbiting on again.

Actually, 2.6.3 LTS is the more advanced, it was updated after 2.9. For example, Ultimate Player isn`t available for any distro but 2.6.3 LTS and 3.0.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:41 am

onosendai58 wrote:
dougal wrote:Welcome Chris

Actually, 2.6.3 LTS is the more advanced, it was updated after 2.9. For example, Ultimate Player isn`t available for any distro but 2.6.3 LTS and 3.0.

Funny you say that, I have contemplated building a 2.6.4, why I typically live in 2.6.3. I am not into the new technologies unless I am building them. What I refer to in building is the application side not the O/S side. Too many people make mistakes and I do not have the time to fix them all ;) No pun intended, just honesty.

I too am human & make mistakes. When I make an error, I do so admit error & get on top of fixing it. If everyone did so I would not be writing software to fix errors. When it is done, 1000 ppl programming to build a perfect O/S will not hold a candle.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby billhedrick » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:00 am

I live in 2.6.3, but would step up to 2.6.4 immediately if you released it!
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:30 pm

billhedrick wrote:I live in 2.6.3, but would step up to 2.6.4 immediately if you released it!

DITTO!!! :mrgreen:
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby dougal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:08 pm

I stand corrected. Wonder why I never picked up on that little fact of version 2.6 being more advanced than 2.9. It does seem silly though. I'll have to backtrack now and play with 2.6 again to see what's what. Ah, life... it is an experience.
Last edited by dougal on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

dougal wrote:I stand corrected. Wonder why I never picked up on that little fact of version 2.6 being more advanced than 2.9. I does seem silly though. I'll have to backtrack now and play with 2.6 again to see what's what. Ah, life... it is an experience.

LOL, the original 2.6 WAS outdated, but being Glenn`s fave, he redid it with all new stuff and made it an LTS.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby aL1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Ultimate Edition 2.6.4 would be very cool :mrgreen:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
E8400 @4.22GHz
GSkill PC2-8800 @1192MHz
TRUE120
Xonar D1
M4 64GB
WDCBlack 1T
2 Velociraptors 150GB@
HD4870
Dragon Lord K62
Antec 750W
Asus VH238H LED
aL1
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 64 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm

aL1 wrote:Ultimate Edition 2.6.4 would be very cool :mrgreen:

Wouldn`t it, though? "I`ll buy THAT for a dollar!" (Stupid and gratuitous RoboCop reference).
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Next

Return to News and Events