Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate edition 3.1?

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Re: Ultimate edition 3.1?

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm

chyzler wrote:THEE I have an directional antenna for you if you want it. I bought it for my son but we no longer need it . Free as in LINUX. No strings attached (except wires of course lol)

You are awesome to offer that to me. I have written articles about wireless & watched the inet raped of such items. Thanks, I have seen people offer me multiple hard disks, I turn an eye when it comes to things like that. I will not let Ultimate Edition be controlled. I will never allow as much seems minuscule a hard disk to allow a user to control all I hold holy.

Most precieve when you buy in you "buy in".

Did you know I have been offered $265,000 for just one website and turned it down. We have 11 here. I am not here for the money, I am here for the users.

The no strings attached sounds promising ;) Thanks, but no thanks.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby ziemski90 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 am

TheeMahn whether the ultimate 3.3 will of gnome 2 ?? Please classic Gnome 2

Theemahn sorry my english very very bad ;)I'm Polish
Kraków Nowa Huta
ziemski90
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby dave » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:12 am

Where can i download 3.01

All that I download and install show as 3.0
Dave

Ultimate Edition 2.63
Ultimate Edition 3.01
kernel 2.6.35.-28 generic
cpu intel celeron 2.4GHZ
Memory 1001.7 MB
GForce FX5200 Video card
dave
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby ziemski90 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Kraków Nowa Huta
ziemski90
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dave » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Thank You
Ill try that one
Dave

Ultimate Edition 2.63
Ultimate Edition 3.01
kernel 2.6.35.-28 generic
cpu intel celeron 2.4GHZ
Memory 1001.7 MB
GForce FX5200 Video card
dave
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks, ziemski90 for helping Dave. Do you know I have contemplated since the literary? Where is Gamers / lite. I thought I was screwed before. My eyes have opened wide ;) I am going to have to put out some honesty, I have bit off more then I can chew. You get what I can give, and when I can give it. This is not directed to you ziemski90, but all users.

I am sorry if I have upset users. I find it ironic, I can drop a 2.6.6 right now, will be downloaded I am going to say ~5,000 times. If I drop a Ultimate Edition 3.3 solid nothing less then 100,000 times & probably in a week. Which is the better O/S? Amazes me to see such statistics & know everything the O/S is about.

Thanks again,
3.01lives.png
3.01 x64 lives, 3.1 theme in use in 3.01 - do you think would cause confusion? I guarantee it.

Makes me wish a 3.01 was never made. Do you know why I made 3.01? I am a stickler and will nit pick work. No matter who did it, to attempt to make our users happy. I have learned a very long time ago, you can make most of the users happy, never all. Would you like to hear my general consensus? I base general users happiness off the stats I can see. 3.01 will most likely even though an entirely new animal will fit in the category as 3.01x86 has. Do you want to know why I feel that way? I am not basing it off my ride in the 2.6 series, but the general acknowledgement of 3.3 is the newest version. I must have it, screw 3.01. Ultimate Edition 3.2 a hundred thousand downloads in a short period of time, I am not a mathematician, nor a rocket scientist....

Since this thread is a 3.1 thread, exception lie here within. Some fellas are a solid KDE man, me personally as I am sure you have read hate (looks too much like that other O/S). All odd releases typically drop a hammer to the server. When I hosted all O/S's before sorceforge came along our servers got pounded in the mouth. They the hosting company reported 230 people per sec were trying to snatch Ultimate Edition 2.9 we seen ~1/2 a petabyte in traffic that month shut down 3 times. Now is when it gets heavy. Since 2.9, how many odd releases ie 3.1, 3.3? Zero. Off the chain is coming, sorry sourceforge.

Instead of 3.01x64 shouldn't I be working on 3.1? Sorry sometimes I like to "blow off steam" or make users aware of what is going on.

This grabs me, I do have a life beyond Ultimate Edition, sometimes is physical:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-main ... ost1685484

Do not think their users will not enjoy, I do not benevolently volunteer info until I honestly can help. Want pics of my knuckles? err my bark.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby onosendai58 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:17 am

Personally, I look at 3.01 and 2.6.5 as variations on a theme. I liked 2.6.5, I love 3.01, can`t explain why, it`s just the little things. I really don`t think I`ll jump on 3.3, simply because I don`t care for KDE but mainly because 3.01 works perfectly for me. If you think of two works by Bach, such as Symphony In G Major and The Brandenburg Concertos, both are beautiful and moving and both appeal to different people. Some may like a certain string arrangement, others a profound fortissimo. All are valid. Did any of that make sense? :lol:
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby onosendai58 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:59 am

Thank you, sir. Just because I`m a jerk doesn`t mean I`m not a cultured jerk. :lol:
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Billie Cowie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 am

I think this post seems to have gone off on a tangent somewhere along the line.All I wanted to know was what were all these U.E.numbers everyone was floating around.i.e. 3.0/3.0.1/3.01/3.1/3.2- all of these have been mentioned in different posts and confusion has resulted from that. Whether typos or not I just wanted clarification as to what they all represented. I am more than happy with 3.0.1-or is that 3.01?-which was initially referred to as "3.1" in the planning stages.
We now know it isn't 3.1 and that's all the clarification I needed/desired.
Various posts mentioning future-developments have added to the confusion.
No-one is being impatient, critical or complaining. I think there are times., though ,when some posts appear not to be directed at the majority of forum users but more at beta-testers/admins, etc, and that has caused some confusion, as the rest of us don't know what is being discussed or referenced.
This is just to clear things up-it's no biggie-it was a communication problem nothing more and nothing more was intended to be made out of it.
I hope that makes a few things clearer. Anyway I am glad the forum is back up and running. I have been off-line myself for a while due to a health-problem but I think this post needed some clarification. :P
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 pm

3.0=natty 3.01=natty reworked = bug fix's ect. got it now !? ;) sorry sometimes we get in to a mode and forget about those who are not as "Geekie" :roll: as we are ! :ugeek: I appalogize ! :D ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events