Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

3.0...Needs A Little More Work, That`s All

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Re: 3.0 Needs A Little More Work, Please...

Postby JF382 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Oh, okay then. My apologies, I completely understand that. Is it because it is Mint based do you think or no? What linux distro is currently your main? Thanks.

No prob, bro. No idea, seems like I never had any problems at all with any Ultimate Edition version until Mint was introduced in this one. Oh, I`m still using it, like I said, a bad version of Ultimate Edition is still better than a perfect one by anyone else. It`s just irritating, 2,6.3. LTS, 2.9, 3.0 Lite, 3.0 Gamers, 2.8, 2.7 and 2.6 all ran like champs, perfect in every way. This one is just buggy on my machine, no idea why, nothing has changed but the version. Not knowing the behind-the-scene scenario, I can only speculate that during Glenn`s bereavement and subsequent absence, a certain someone that is no longer on the team pushed his distro idea, (which is always based on Mint), to the dev team and it went from there. I could be, and probably am, way off-base, but that`s what it feels like. Look everyone, if I didn`t love Ultimate Edition so much I wouldn`t bother to raise a stink. But I KNOW 3.0 is the best distro on the planet, it just needs a little extra code-stroking by the dev team to be what Ultimate Edition symbolizes: ULTIMATE. That`s all I`m asking for here. Okay? ;) UPDATE: I changed the title to better reflect my personal opinion on the subject. And that`s all it is, just my opinion. But I`ve been here a long time and I feel that gives me the right to say what I`m feeling.[/quote]

Your alright man! lol. I completely understand your post though, it is very hard to enjoy something with so much issues. It just causes unwanted stress.
Intel Core i3 dual-core processor, i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 3MB Cache) 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM - 500GB SATA hard drive - 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet
14.0" LED backlit display - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 4 x USB 2.0 ports 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone output 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x DC-in

Desktop: COMPAQ SR5550F, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+(2.8GHz), 64 bit Dual Core Processor, 2 x 512KB L2 Cache, 3GB DDR2 800, 500GB SATA 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory, Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430
JF382
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: 3.0 Needs A Little More Work, Please...

Postby onosendai58 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:05 pm

JF382 wrote:
Oh, okay then. My apologies, I completely understand that. Is it because it is Mint based do you think or no? What linux distro is currently your main? Thanks.

No prob, bro. No idea, seems like I never had any problems at all with any Ultimate Edition version until Mint was introduced in this one. Oh, I`m still using it, like I said, a bad version of Ultimate Edition is still better than a perfect one by anyone else. It`s just irritating, 2.6.3. LTS, 2.9, 3.0 Lite, 3.0 Gamers, 2.8, 2.7 and 2.6 all ran like champs, perfect in every way. This one is just buggy on my machine, no idea why, nothing has changed but the version. Not knowing the behind-the-scene scenario, I can only speculate that during Glenn`s bereavement and subsequent absence, a certain someone that is no longer on the team pushed his distro idea, (which is always based on Mint), to the dev team and it went from there. I could be, and probably am, way off-base, but that`s what it feels like. Look everyone, if I didn`t love Ultimate Edition so much I wouldn`t bother to raise a stink. But I KNOW 3.0 is the best distro on the planet, it just needs a little extra code-stroking by the dev team to be what Ultimate Edition symbolizes: ULTIMATE. That`s all I`m asking for here. Okay? ;) UPDATE: I changed the title to better reflect my personal opinion on the subject. And that`s all it is, just my opinion. But I`ve been here a long time and I feel that gives me the right to say what I`m feeling.

Your alright man! lol. I completely understand your post though, it is very hard to enjoy something with so much issues. It just causes unwanted stress.[/quote]
You too, my friend. Yeah, but it`s still a beautiful OS, for real. <BREW> I just got aggravated.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: 3.0 Is Broken

Postby killemall » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Lets just all remember we are here for the same reason....help & support. Please refrain from personal opinions.

(Not directed at anyone in particular ) :)

Last time I checked, personal opinion is what the internet all about, especially forums. If you don't like personal opinions and if your all about Dictatorship, then you might want to just go ahead and unplug that Ethernet cable from your computer. ;)

With that out of the way, I have to say that this release is by far the worst thing I have ever installed on my computer. It is like a noobie built this thing. Buggy as hell and not for anyone that has a life. This thing just requires way to much tweaking to get it stable. I have supported Ultimate Edition for several years now and even was an admin on this site for about a year. I have watched this awesome distro go from the top of the list to the bottom in a short couple of years. I was holding out for 3.0 as my final Ultimate Edition to use, but this is NOT a worthy Ultimate Edition to use. I would not recommend this thing to my worst enemy. It is that bad. :(

Looks like I might just have to start building my own distro again. The only way I am going to get anything like the old Ultimate Edition distro's that I fondly remember.

To TheeMan: I understand were you are coming from man. I do not blame you for this travesty. I give you mad props for getting away from building distros and focusing on the more important things in your life. I wish you the best of luck man. <BREW>
killemall
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition KDE4

Re: 3.0...Needs A Little More Work, That`s All

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 am

Time to close this thread, please. Thank you, mods.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: 3.0...Needs A Little More Work, That`s All

Postby billhedrick » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:03 am

will do.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous