Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

UBUNTU vs MINT

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

UBUNTU vs MINT

Postby sambolinux » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Mint has just passed Ubuntu in downloads in past 6 months. Just maybe this will stir ubuntu's thinking about unity and gnome 3( personally, They both suck for desktop D.E.s). source: http://distrowatch.com/index.php?dataspan=26
Computer: Antec NSK6500 case, MSI K9A2 Platinum, BE940 Phenom II,6gig ddr2 1066mhz ram, 4 sata hd (1 250gb seagate w/acronis for op sys bkp only and 1 TB wd green for movie bkp only and disconnected) , 3 1TB wd black sata II(no raid),Zalman 9700 air cooler, on board realsucks sound, Sony 42" hdtv connected to a 4670 ATI Radeon video card/ w Zalman 900 air cooler(very quiet) , 21.5 in Acer lcd monitor(cheap monitor finally died) , 2 ide dvd rw drives LG , 1 sata hp 340i bluray disk writer
OP sys : Win XP Pro, 1 Win7-64bit-ultimate and 1 custom precise 12.04 with all media codecs compiled by me and a bunch of media encoders.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: UBUNTU vs MINT

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:59 pm

I guess a lot of people like green!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby lampadas » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm

i saw 1 hour ago the preview of mint 12 who'll be out late november and i have to say thats the distro i look more intersting than ultimate for now on cause:1)we have wait too long for 3 and the very very very soon get me tired,2)i believe its the gnome 3 version who people gonna love,3)they were more clear about their release program than us and give a clean answer about that with an exception of a couple days late cause they build something new and 4)its on top list of distrowatch and i believe that is going to get ubuntu in thougths and trouble.I want to believe that 3 its goimg to look something like that because Ultimate makes me love Linux and gives me a PC who is ready out of the box and i dont miss a think.i trully want to see Ultimate in top of the list back and if that wont happen at the top 5 at least is one from the top distros but she lucks a caracter profile e.g. Mint has its own menu and ubuntu unity maybe we must have something like a profile who will gives as are own profile and not only a distro with bells and wistles.

sorry for my bad english i come from a mediterenian country (Greece)
lampadas
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Meister » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:43 pm

To each their own mate , while of course we would love to get everyone using Ultimate Edition but as long as wel help convert people to linux we have done our part to forward the cause. Once 3.0 hits our build schedule and plans are laid out and we are way ahead and looking good.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:09 pm

I have just tn-stalled it in virtual box. It is a bit easier to find things.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby JohnTN » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Ubuntu 11.10 is an embarrassment to the Linux community! it is not something in it's current state I would recommend anyone try. The great thing is with mods like Ultimate Edition it becomes an awesome product, so it's not the base that's the problem, it's the unthinking direction it's developers have allowed it to take! Basic Ubuntu has become the UGO of the OS market. UGLY!

John
JohnTN
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Ubuntu gives us the base we need to make Ultimate Edition great

<BREW>

Mint 12 - will see what they bring to the table . In the past, decent os.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to News and Events