Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Free software founder, Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is g

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Free software founder, Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is g

Postby Donut123 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Free software founder, Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is gone
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/f ... -gone/9707
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Free software founder, Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs

Postby onosendai58 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Which just shows what a hateful and uncultured bastard he really is.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 pm

His points were valid ones.

Apple does and is a jail house lockup up and closed minded organization.

After all, it's business.

But , the death of Steve jobs will change nothing.

Others will continue the closed minded locked up legacy.

After all, it's business.

Let's not forget, he's a founding father to the free, freedom of choice for all the computer world.

The guys a visionary that has more then earned some respect.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Donut123 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm

I know Steve Jobs started from scratch and was innovative, ..I have never used Apple Mac, or any of it...except I tunes, but just for listening, and quick time, but if these were not free i could not afford it. Mac/ Apple is for people who can afford it. I have no say about what is said..I have respect for both.
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby delicadaz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:59 pm

onosendai58 wrote:Which just shows what a hateful and uncultured bastard he really is.

GENIUS comes in all forms, shapes and sizes. SJ was a money hungry, theiving, control freak and a dictator.
None of his products were original ........ all were taken ... stolen from others
He broke the law and as the rich do, used it to protect himself and his income with litigation........... just as Bill Gates and microsoft have Done and so have countless other millionaires and businesses
He was a 2 faced liar.... a true barstard...it was his way or the highway........that is why the board of Apple sacked him all those years ago............too many people hated him

And that is the way it is.. you either LOVE him or you HATE him....... his ideals and principles
He comes from the "Dog eat Dog" school of business......... only the toughest barstards survive and prosper
IT IS THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE

his true gift was in selling / marketing .... he did not sell a product ....but a dream of lifestyle !!

Mr Stallman on the other hand has done more for mankind and humanity, than Mr Jobs could or would ever do

He is the author of the world's most advanced license GNUGPL, a license that ensures that no corporate entity can steal the work of an individual.

GNUGPL is used by the Linux kernel itself and is a pain in the neck of mega-corporates as they can't steal the work of developers. He is also the founder of the Free Software Foundation, the organization which assists developers in building free software alternatives to proprietary technologies. He ensures that a developer/user won't be at the mercy of a corporate like Oracle for the survival or untimely death of his/her software.

Richard M Stallman has changed the entire IT landscape. He has a very simple policy -- a user must be in control of his computing. In the same manner one purchases a car you *own* it and are free to do anything with it, when someone purchases a piece of computer - hardware or software - YOU should *own* it versus some company.

Essentially, he is someone who is working hard to keep users free from the clutches of evil corporates. His fight is not easy, and that's why corporate media and pseudo Linux 'experts' hate him.

Do you want to learn a little about the linux / Open Source world..... go watch Revolution OS......
want to learn a little about the evils of big business.........go watch doco's like ;
Cancer is Curable
Food Matters
The Union - The Business behind getting High
The Cove
The yes men fix the world

you can find them all on torrent or i could FTP them to you

I could go on for ever here but i will leave it there, im sure others on here will give some recommendations for you to learn a little on the topic

And just for the record, I DO NOT like the world that Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and there ilk have created
Steve Jobs can rest in peace for what he did with his life, but in my opinion, he did not leave the world a better place

Cheers DelicaDaz
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:07 am

delicadaz wrote:
onosendai58 wrote:Which just shows what a hateful and uncultured bastard he really is.

GENIUS comes in all forms, shapes and sizes. SJ was a money hungry, theiving, control freak and a dictator.
None of his products were original ........ all were taken ... stolen from others
He broke the law and as the rich do, used it to protect himself and his income with litigation........... just as Bill Gates and microsoft have Done and so have countless other millionaires and businesses
He was a 2 faced liar.... a true barstard...it was his way or the highway........that is why the board of Apple sacked him all those years ago............too many people hated him

And that is the way it is.. you either LOVE him or you HATE him....... his ideals and principles
He comes from the "Dog eat Dog" school of business......... only the toughest barstards survive and prosper

his true gift was in selling / marketing .... he did not sell a product ....but a dream of lifestyle !!

Mr Stallman on the other hand has done more for mankind and humanity, than Mr Jobs could or would ever do

He is the author of the world's most advanced license GNUGPL, a license that ensures that no corporate entity can steal the work of an individual.

GNUGPL is used by the Linux kernel itself and is a pain in the neck of mega-corporates as they can't steal the work of developers. He is also the founder of the Free Software Foundation, the organization which assists developers in building free software alternatives to proprietary technologies. He ensures that a developer/user won't be at the mercy of a corporate like Oracle for the survival or untimely death of his/her software.

Richard M Stallman has changed the entire IT landscape. He has a very simple policy -- a user must be in control of his computing. In the same manner one purchases a car you *own* it and are free to do anything with it, when someone purchases a piece of computer - hardware or software - YOU should *own* it versus some company.

Essentially, he is someone who is working hard to keep users free from the clutches of evil corporates. His fight is not easy, and that's why corporate media and pseudo Linux 'experts' hate him.

Do you want to learn a little about the linux / Open Source world..... go watch Revolution OS......
want to learn a little about the evils of big business.........go watch doco's like ;
Cancer is Curable
Food Matters
The Cove

I could go on for ever here but i will leave it there, im sure others on here will give some recommendations for you to learn a little on the topic

And just for the record, I DO NOT like the world that Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and there ilk have created
Steve Jobs can rest in peace for what he did with his life, but in my opinion, he did not leave the world a better place

Cheers DelicaDaz

I feel very much the same as you my friend. I am not a fan of the corporate Controlled world.

I once was lost, but now I see. Sorry to hear he died, but a great man he was not.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:09 am

delicadaz wrote:

Cancer is Curable
Food Matters
The Cove

Cheers DelicaDaz

Doesn`t matter. A $#!% quote is still $#!%. And great men are what society determines them to be. Be upset with Jobs all you want, he changed the way the world interacts with technology forever, not just for some geeks in a basement.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Randymanme » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 am

delicadaz wrote:

Cheers DelicaDaz

There's nothing wrong with rms's statement: “I’m not glad he’s dead, but I’m glad he’s gone.”
Mr. Stallman expressed some empathy for folks who did mourn Steve Job's passing by saying that he wasn't glad about it.

I think that maybe if someone thought that Mr. Stallman was out of place for being candid about what he really thought, that person must not be too willing to express his or her true feelings (i.e., be honest).

If Mr. Stallman didn't have the personality he has, he'd be using Mac or Windows and we wouldn't be posting here.
Intel Core 2 Duo, 6 GB, 160 GB hdd: Linux Mint 19/Mate; Ultimate Edition Oz Unity Star Sapphire.
Randymanme
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:09 am

Randymanme wrote:
delicadaz wrote:

Cheers DelicaDaz

There's nothing wrong with rms's statement: “I’m not glad he’s dead, but I’m glad he’s gone.”
Mr. Stallman expressed some empathy for folks who did mourn Steve Job's passing by saying that he wasn't glad about it.

I think that maybe if someone thought that Mr. Stallman was out of place for being candid about what he really thought, that person must not be too willing to express his or her true feelings (i.e., be honest).

If Mr. Stallman didn't have the personality he has, he'd be using Mac or Windows and we wouldn't be posting here.

We can argue all day about it. In my opinion, (and many,many others), he`s obnoxious, abrasive and uncouth. And believe me, Linus` dream would have carried on just fine without Stallman.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Return to News and Events