Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Which is best Distribution of linux

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Re: Which is best Distribution of linux

Postby mikeue2864 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:37 pm

I like Ultimate Edition and MINT, anyone like any others?
mikeue2864
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Having been a longtime Ultimate Edition user/supporter, I`ve found that Linux Mint 12 Lisa with Cinnamon is the best, besides Ultimate Edition, of course.
Last edited by onosendai58 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby onosendai58 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Last edited by onosendai58 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby JohnTN » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Ultimate Edition hands down!

I have a HD with 15 variations of Linux on it for testing purposes, so I have tried a few. I prefer 2.7 LTS at present.

I have a 60 yr old lady friend from church who was given a buggy XP HP computer, She asked me for help, I offered to load Ultimate Edition (2.7) on it for her to try. In spite of her lack of computer experience, she loves it, and I have only had a couple of calls, and after a few minutes on the phone, she was able to resolve things and move merrily on :)

I know of no other Linux I would so easily recommend, with the full expectation it would serve admirable!

John
JohnTN
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Billie Cowie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:35 pm

The best distro is the one that fits your requirements .
For general everyday use,( i.e. fun ) Ultimate Edition is the one.
For artistic/multimedia purposes I prefer Israel Remix Team Multimedia which is my main OS for working with.
Bottom line is they are all good, but best is personal perspective and circumstance.
I like Mint and Pinguy too and the new Vector is an interesting ( and fun ) Mint-based distro but Ultimate Edition remains the best choice for most peoples purposes. :vil2_reflechir
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 am

I've seen a few people mention that the best distro is the one that suits your needs and I agree.
We are all spoilt for choice.
On a daily basis, I use the Oz Unity remixes because I built them to suit me.
I also build upon the Black Opal test bed and Preise 12.04 daily builds.
I still have Ultimate Edition 2.6 but have found (although perfect in every other way) that the classic gnome interface is very boring.
I like the occasional challenge. :)
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:53 am

Moebius wrote:I've seen a few people mention that the best distro is the one that suits your needs and I agree.
We are all spoilt for choice.
On a daily basis, I use the Oz Unity remixes because I built them to suit me.
I also build upon the Black Opal test bed and Preise 12.04 daily builds.
I still have Ultimate Edition 2.6 but have found (although perfect in every other way) that the classic gnome interface is very boring.
I like the occasional challenge. :)

I am building a new incarnation / Frankenstein build of what I would like to think the users demand. I do not want to speculate nor do I want to infer the info provided to me. I typically see those numbers at 100 thousand at a time daily. I am sure you are not oblivious to such info. I go out of my way to progress Linux in general. I personally live by Ultimate Edition 2.6.4 & hate the thought of delving into a new & unstable world of even Ultimate Edition 3.0. Oneric is ONE thing, Preise is a world I totally shy away from.

One of our fine admin - no names mentioned, brought to my attention an O/S he felt was the bomb. I checked into it and seen it run on his machine, guess what the base build of the O/S was? Ultimate Edition. I will not tell you which O/S not because of him, but the developer. They did ask me to develop for them & time has never been on my side. Cutting edge, wow a guinea pig. Cloud based, wow once again. Do you have any clue what information I can gather about you? Store files on your hard disk, how about I store your information on our cloud? That is what they are doing.

Yes, our servers are cloud based, but I do not nor ever will store end users files. People sometimes are like sheep & oblivious to the understandings as well as alterior motives.

O.k. Ultimate Edition 2.6.4 do you have it? No, not currently. Gnome 2.X.X most care very little about it while it bores you, intrigues me. You do know in the open source community, much can be done with it. Ultimatix was a step in that direction do not think for one second an environment can not be done the same. Amarok / Ultimate Player, it goes on. User demand I can see, even if it is so high we get shut down. Sounds like a bigger cloud, however my intentions are that of the user. Not gathering user information.

Thanks for the Kudos on 2.6, means alot coming from you.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby billhedrick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:57 am

I am pretty sure I know what OS Thee is talking about. I haven't used it yet, but looking at the download size... Well, Ultimate Edition has been accused of being bloated, too heavy (didn't understand that at all) but the other OS has a total download TWICE THE SIZE of the biggest Ultimate Edition version and doesn't get that accusation.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 am

billhedrick wrote:I am pretty sure I know what OS Thee is talking about. I haven't used it yet, but looking at the download size... Well, Ultimate Edition has been accused of being bloated, too heavy (didn't understand that at all) but the other OS has a total download TWICE THE SIZE of the biggest Ultimate Edition version and doesn't get that accusation.

Okay, now I`m curious. No wait, 2.6.4!?! :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :winner :weeee :weeee :weeee :weeee :weeee :weeee :weeee :weeee :weeee :vil2_nuit :vil2_nuit :vil2_nuit :vil2_nuit :vil2_nuit :vil2_nuit
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Jill » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 am

ULTIMATE EDITION!!
this is my choice

:th_DANCE_417 :winner
Jill
U.E. Newbie