Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Re: A Better Linux Browser :)

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Postby billhedrick » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 pm

The problem with the "bleeding edge" is the cutting and the bleeding. :D
Just had FF update to 6.0 on my 2.6.2 install, lost a couple extensions but looks OK
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby dougal » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 pm

For info, I had to do some deleting of current Firefox bits and pieces to allow the newer versions to run and then I had no plugin available for a certain video I wanted to run.
I was also running Chromium at the same time coz the Firefox install put itself into it's own folder so the system (and me) couldn't find it straight off.
Then I lost all my Compiz and Emerald settings.

Something like this always happens when I run Chromium but, usually not as quickly as within an hour.

I decided that it was too risky to leave things as they were and rather than scutter about trying to fix things. I copied everything I needed to and reinstalled the whole system after wiping the hard drive.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:13 pm

After reading the recent brouhaha about Asa and the crew removing version numbers from Firefox, (mainly the arrogant way they tried to do it), you couldn`t pay me to use it. Besides, Chromium has never broken anything on an update for me.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby ANDROIDSAMURAI » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 pm

DEPENDS...
IF YOU LIKE EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO SPYED ON AND RECORDED ON GOOGLE SERVERS.... HEY GO FOR IT...ANYTHING WITH THE GOOGLE NAME RECORDS YOUR EVER MOVE....

IF YOU LIKE YOUR PRIVACY...AND DONT THINK GOOGLE HAS THE RIGHT TO SPY ON YOU...THEN.... USE

OPERA, TOR, MIDORI, OR FIREFOX WITH DUCKDUCK GO SEARCH ENGINE (DUCK DUCK DOESNT SPY OR RECORD YOUR WEB SEARCHES OR USE)

PERSONALLY FOR PRIVACY... TOR IS UNBEATABLE BUT MAY JUST BE TOO SLOW IN YOUR PARTICULAR AREA OF THE WORLD...OR NOT...

AGIAN...YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO CLUE WHATS BEING DONE TO YOU...BY GOOGLE... EVERY KEYSTROKE, EVER SECOND ON EVER WEBSITE IS TIMED, NAILED DOWN TO YOUR PC, RECOREDED, AND STORED...FOR RETRIEVAL BY LAW ENFORCMENT OR GOVERNMENT....

Moderator note: cool it please, also refrain from the Capslock, it makes you look like a fool

IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA..IT WORKS LIKE THIS.... THE SUPREME COURT HAS RULED THAT YOUR ON LINE PRIVACY AND RECORDS ARE NOT PRIVATE IF OBTAINED FROM A 3RD PARTY ( YOU...- THE GOVT - GOOGLE ( THE 3RD PARTY) SO GOOGLE BUILDS THIS ENTIRE DAY TO DAY RECORD OF WHAT YOU DO, SAY, WHERE U GO, WHAT YOU DO THERE...THEY EVEN KEEP A SAMPLE OF YOUR VOICE FOR ANYONMOUS VERIFICATION OF PRIVATE CALLS... SO THAT IF THE GOVT WANTS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO... THEY ASK GOOGLE FOR YOUR RECORDS... IN LESS THAT ONE DAY THE AGENCY OR GOVT KNOWS ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT U...

YEA..GO AHEAD...USE GOOGLE PRODUCTS....LOL
ANDROIDSAMURAI
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:50 pm

ANDROIDSAMURAI wrote:DEPENDS...
IF YOU LIKE EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO SPYED ON AND RECORDED ON GOOGLE SERVERS.... HEY GO FOR IT...ANYTHING WITH THE GOOGLE NAME RECORDS YOUR EVER MOVE....

IF YOU LIKE YOUR PRIVACY...AND DONT THINK GOOGLE HAS THE RIGHT TO SPY ON YOU...THEN.... USE

OPERA, TOR, MIDORI, OR FIREFOX WITH DUCKDUCK GO SEARCH ENGINE (DUCK DUCK DOESNT SPY OR RECORD YOUR WEB SEARCHES OR USE)

PERSONALLY FOR PRIVACY... TOR IS UNBEATABLE BUT MAY JUST BE TOO SLOW IN YOUR PARTICULAR AREA OF THE WORLD...OR NOT...

AGIAN...YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO CLUE WHATS BEING DONE TO YOU...BY GOOGLE... EVERY KEYSTROKE, EVER SECOND ON EVER WEBSITE IS TIMED, NAILED DOWN TO YOUR PC, RECOREDED, AND STORED...FOR RETRIEVAL BY LAW ENFORCMENT OR GOVERNMENT....

Moderator note: cool it please, also refrain from the Capslock, it makes you look like a fool

IF YOU LIVE IN THE USA..IT WORKS LIKE THIS.... THE SUPREME COURT HAS RULED THAT YOUR ON LINE PRIVACY AND RECORDS ARE NOT PRIVATE IF OBTAINED FROM A 3RD PARTY ( YOU...- THE GOVT - GOOGLE ( THE 3RD PARTY) SO GOOGLE BUILDS THIS ENTIRE DAY TO DAY RECORD OF WHAT YOU DO, SAY, WHERE U GO, WHAT YOU DO THERE...THEY EVEN KEEP A SAMPLE OF YOUR VOICE FOR ANYONMOUS VERIFICATION OF PRIVATE CALLS... SO THAT IF THE GOVT WANTS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO... THEY ASK GOOGLE FOR YOUR RECORDS... IN LESS THAT ONE DAY THE AGENCY OR GOVT KNOWS ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT U...

YEA..GO AHEAD...USE GOOGLE PRODUCTS....LOL

Dead wrong. Chromium is the original, built from the Chromium Project. Chrome was built from it and Google added the tracking, Chromium doesn`t track anything. Try reading before ranting. Oh, no more caps.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Previous

Return to News and Events