Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.7 has been released.

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Ultimate Edition 1.7 has been released.

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Please feel free to post or open a thread, questions / comments as always are open. Please understand the page for it is not done and download links don't work currently, but is work in progress, remember you seen it here first. The page is currently incomplete and unlinked anywhere on the web as of time of posting. Ccals server is currently being filled with the Ultimate Edition 1.7 (Gnome & KDE), mirrors are mirroring Ultimate Edition 1.7 (Gnome), please stand by.

Enjoy your kudos of being a registered member.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.7 has been released.

Postby slamsv » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:28 am

Hi! First of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the Ultimate Edition! I am using Linux only 2 days but it sure made me switch from Windows for good! ULTIMATE EDITION GNOME IS AWESOME! Respect......
slamsv
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:02 am

slamsv wrote:Hi! First of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the Ultimate Edition! I am using Linux only 2 days but it sure made me switch from Windows for good! ULTIMATE EDITION GNOME IS AWESOME! Respect......

Thank you kindly & welcome aboard, please enjoy your stay ;)

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Baazie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:47 am

LInux ultimate works great :D
i have install it on my laptop (old 1 ;) )
todat i gonna instal 1.7 on my main pc because next week i got my new pc :D
quad core 4gig ram etc

i first tryed kubuntu linux but my screen was weird.

Many thanx thee man

Ps 1 quistion dus linux use full 4 gig ore like windows only 3.25gig ?
many thanx
CPU: Pentium D 2core 3.4GHZ
mainbord: Nec Motherboard
Memory: Kingstone 533 mhz 2.5Gb ram
ASUS EN8800GT 512MB
350W nec voeding
Baazie
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby naiba33 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:40 pm

I am Windows XP user and I whant to change the OS. It will be hard to go from XP to ultimate edition(i use the pc for surfing the internet, watching movies, listening to music, text editing, torrents)?
What are the system req for Ultimate Edition? It has any programs for watching p2p television?
And as a sugestion, the next version should have Sopcast.
naiba33
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:18 am

Baazie wrote:LInux ultimate works great :D
i have install it on my laptop (old 1 ;) )
todat i gonna instal 1.7 on my main pc because next week i got my new pc :D
quad core 4gig ram etc

i first tryed kubuntu linux but my screen was weird.

Many thanx thee man

Ps 1 quistion dus linux use full 4 gig ore like windows only 3.25gig ?
many thanx

Thanks,
I thought I would answer your question as well as post what I just dropped to the news and events section, since this is a highly viewed thread:

02/17/08 I have paid for a new hosting service (cost me $80) with a different hosting company and transferred the download server there, I also paid for another year domain registration for the repo and download server. The new hosting company offers 15 Terabytes of transfer per month was 2 Terabytes with previous hosting company. I have not seen greater then 10 Terabytes of transfer in any month, this action will hopefully ensure availability to download the distro. I am uploading every Ultimate Edition distro to date, this will take a great amount of time, but hopefully will never have to do so again. Enjoy!!!

Now to your question: *nix unlike windows was developed without restrictions did you know *nix is the only OS that supports 1000's of cpu cores, also called a cell processor? XP is limited to 2 cores. Ram is not an issue as well.

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 am

naiba33 wrote:I am Windows XP user and I whant to change the OS. It will be hard to go from XP to ultimate edition(i use the pc for surfing the internet, watching movies, listening to music, text editing, torrents)?
What are the system req for Ultimate Edition? It has any programs for watching p2p television?
And as a sugestion, the next version should have Sopcast.

Yes all issues, you have asked are available for *nix, I would suggest nothing less then 256 MB ram and a decent vid card if you plan on using compiz fusion. There is a an app included with Ultimate Edition 1.7 called Miro Internet Tv pre installed for your convenience.

Text editiors many, Amarok is untouchable where music is concerned, makes windows look like a big joke. 3 torrent clients, 3 clients to watch movies with all of which pre-installed. Any further questions don't be afraid to ask, will probably a day or 2 before it hits the download server, ccal & torrent will be the only place to get it until it is re-uploaded.

The biggest issue with a user that switches from windows to *nix is what program do I use to do this or that, for example I use Yahoo Instant messenger, what do I use now? The answer beyond the many available to *nix is Pidgin is supports MSN, Yahoo, Myspace, AOL IM, ICQ, and many more 15 different messengers all in one app simply amazing, goodbye bloat and resource waste, welcome aboard *nix (be it mine or another).

I thought I might also point out the not so obvious, what most people are unaware of where *nix is concerned. In the Windows world the more you install the slower it gets and is called bloat or bloatware. In *nix it is called a feature, I have greater then 250,000 files on what a windows user would call their C: drive, this has no effect on a *nix system (minus a service which may be added by a program), another key point I would also like to take the time and point out in windows your drive becomes fragmented, this does not exist in Ultimate Edition or any other *nix system. Virus's a thing of the past, hmm why is Clam AV included in Ultimate Edition 1.7? To fix your windows drive ;) Ultimate Edition can see a Windows drive (read / write), Windows would just assume kill grub and be the only system on your computer (no *nix filesystems are viewable in Windows w/o the use of third party software).

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby naiba33 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:22 pm

From what i know, Miro Internet Tv is not for watching live p2p television. You didn`t mentioned anything about Sopcast. I think Sopcast is a most have program for watching live p2p Tv in the next ultimate edition.
naiba33
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:43 pm

naiba33 wrote:From what i know, Miro Internet Tv is not for watching live p2p television. You didn`t mentioned anything about Sopcast. I think Sopcast is a most have program for watching live p2p Tv in the next ultimate edition.

Perhaps I overstepped my boundaries in assuming that it was written with P2P in mind... none the less software is available, is it my job to install it for you? I just got done installing Ultimate Edition 1.7 on a comp that did not recognise his integrated network card, my answer rip the network card out of the ol ladys, a show stopper to an individual, I used to spend my days fixing network cards in *nix, something I don't have time for. I typically go out of my way to make your life easier, even if I or in this case make hers worse unfortunately hers is integrated same as both of mine both recognised, he must have intel network integrated an assumption. I will buy 100 network cards to ensure this does not occur again.

I will look into sopcast. Ultimate 1.4 CD apears capped @ 500KPS per user is up try and fold the server. A FOSI line is filling the void ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby vinca » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:53 pm

hey there all!

on my current computer i have windowz vista and i would like to do a dual boot with Ultimate Edition. a little while back i had tried to install 1.6 but the partition slider was not clear to me as to how i could make a 5gb partition for Ultimate Edition. (i only want that much because i'm gonna save stuff on the windows and use explorer2fs or something like that) ok well anyway could i have an explanation of how to use the partitioner in the install? thanks in advance! i would like the tutorial because in a guide for gusty gibbon ubuntu, it seemed clear how to make a new partition but in Ultimate Edition it did not seem to be able to make a partition smalll enough. thanks!
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master