Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.7 Info / Progress - released

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Ultimate Edition 1.7 Info / Progress - released

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:49 pm

I will soon be posting progress of 1.7 here.

See Ultimate Edition 1.7 as it is being made. Feel free to post comments / suggestions.

02/24/08 For those of you that don't want Ultimate Edition 1.7 and are happy with Ultimate Edition 1.4 etc. I have written a page to allow you to have the same look / themes without downloading and installing Ultimate Edition 1.7. This does not mean you get the software just the look, I have added a bonus for users of Ultimate Edition 1.7 there as well for those that like compiz fusion, there is also a eyecandy repo now listed there.

02/22/08: We now officially listed on Distrowatch, thanks to one of our mods Leadfingers. There is an awesome review of Ultimate Edition 1.6 linked to it. I look for bandwidth usage to go through the roof. 33 hours more of uploading and "all Ultimate Edition's" should be there. Direct link to Ultimate Edition 1.6 Gamers currently unlinked and previously only available from ccal 4GB. Since I have paid for new hosting the limitations are remove from me, finally I can help ccal. I will write a page for it it was forum exclusive.

02/19/08 Well my current host has seen what I am doing I assume... and upgraded me for free well isn't this something... I swear it did not show this yesterday:
Code: Select all
1175051.88 MB of 3000000.00 MB (39.17%)
3 TB now, does not matter just paid $60 for a second hosting account for the repository... The repo is in transit, there will be no interruption in service all files will be uploaded to the new hosting provider prior to changing the DNS (haven't decided weather to transfer the domains yet), 15 Terabytes of transfer and tons of space, I will leave 3 servers here for now, eventually I may move them all there, the new hosting company's service as so far impeccable. Without a doubt where html / css based operations are concerned they lead the way, php / sql is unknown at this point which the forum is based upon it will be the last to go, if I so decide to pay just one provider.

02/17/08 I have paid for a new hosting service (cost me $80) with a different hosting company and transferred the download server there, I also paid for another year domain registration for the repo and download server. The new hosting company offers 15 Terabytes of transfer per month was 2 Terabytes with previous hosting company. I have not seen greater then 10 Terabytes of transfer in any month, this action will hopefully ensure availability to download the distro. I am uploading every Ultimate Edition distro to date, this will take a great amount of time, but hopefully will never have to do so again. Enjoy!!!

02/06/08 A "Super upgrade" for Ultimate Edition 1.4+ users is in route.

02/02/08 WOW is all I can say today.

01/31/08 Ultimate Edition 1.7 has been requested 147,131 times at time of this posting always a day behind on stats. We also have a new Webmaster on board you can read more about that here in our new thread Webmasters corner, feel free to post.

01/26/08 Happy birthday to me, well here is a change of events my gift to you... It is uploaded it is being mirrored. please be patient.
Screencast:

High resolution Screencast

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.7 (Gnome) official webpage to be updated.
Filesize: 1,828,667,392 bytes (1.8 GB)
MD5SUM: e1ffdcc7d736aeaefda48943513133e6

Torrents: Direct Link, LinuxTracker, TuxDistro - Thanks ccal
Download: Main Server (3,200 downloads first day)
Mirrors: Mirror 1 - Thanks ccal, Mirror 2 - Thanks jpfinne, Mirror 3 - Thanks Pharaohsd

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.7 (Gnome & KDE)
Filesize: 2,109,261,824 bytes (2.1 GB)
MD5SUM: af01c20a495c07bc43264ca95b5735e0

Torrents: Direct Link, TuxDistro, LinuxTracker - Thanks ccal
Download: Mirror exclusive
Mirrors: Download - Thanks ccal
Bigpond, AU (bigpond users only) - Thanks Moebius

01/25/08 Not a moment too soon Ultimate Edition 1.7 is uploading... I have a surprise for everyone, there will be a Ultimate Edition 1.7 Gnome for those that don't like KDE (currently uploading) and a Ultimate Edition 1.7 for those that like KDE, I will be unable to host the KDE version it is too large (2011MB), thank god for ccal & his unlimited resources. Please keep a eye on this thread it is coming and you won't be sorry you downloaded it that I assure you...

01/23/08 I have taken a few days off work for my birthday, hopefully we can have a release of 1.7 while I am off, I am entering this from the live DVD which is beautiful and is installing. A few shots for you.
snapshot1.png
Installing

snapshot2.png

snapshot3.png

snapshot4.png

snapshot4.png

snapshot5.png

01/15/08 It is not done yet had to re-build Ultimate Edition 1.7 from scratch a few shots to keep your attention :)
snapshot5.png
GDM Login modified the color levels to archive the red look. and built with GDM Maker.

snapshot6.png
USplash working its tail off ;) Made with USplash Maker

Ultimate_Edition1.7.png
Wallpaper

snapshot1.png
After installation / upgrade before reboot (drivers)

Screenshot.png
Compiz Fusion up after reboot. Generic setup not tricked out yet ;)

01/09/07 I have tried re-building 1.7 (trying to make a CD version initially) from scratch, after many attempts have learned it is best to build based off Xmas Edition, no it will look nothing like Xmas, however themes etc. will be available, the theme for Ultimate Edition 1.7 is off the hook dark theme with bright blue for highlighting. Additional software has been added, It is building now, will post shots if successful. I have integrated the USplash maker and GDM Maker so you can change the looks to your hearts desire.

01/06/08 Well ladies and gents, much to share with you today, first the USplash maker is done, Those that like Compiz Fusion a special gift for you new thread opened for it. Progress on 1.7 has been slow there will not be a CD version just the updates alone exceeds the cd's capacity. There will be a DVD version however, sorry people without a DVD burner, I am sure it will be available for purchase when it goes hot.

12/29/07 To make my life easier in building Ultimate Edition & make yours even more beautiful, I have began writing an app to convert a selected image to a .so (USplash Theme) very user friendly with a GUI, you can read more about that here. Please read the bottom to see the revision that is coming.

12/27/07 Just a bit of a spoiler for you all, this will take a long time to complete, but has been initiated...

Naturally subject to change, I will be watching the Your art section prior to release. I am however more interested in the software that will be provided to you then "Just the pretty Graphics", please bare with me. All Images are subject to change prior to realse until you read Final here.
Attachments
1.7.jpg
Subject to change
1.7progress.png
1.7 ready for testing
Screenshot-1.png
Burning it and testing it simotaniously.
Last edited by TheeMahn on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Reason: BBCode was disabled, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.7 Info / Progress

Postby stinger30au » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:44 am

is it possible to have the repos from the ultimate gamers edition installed so when we d/l the 1.7 edition dvd and install it and there is any games we want that are in the gamers edition we can install them from the shell/terminal???

how about a backup that allows panning of cd/dvd like kdar installed or at least in the repos??
http://kdar.sourceforge.net/
User of Ultimate edition 1.8 32 bit
stinger30au
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:50 pm

stinger30au wrote:is it possible to have the repos from the ultimate gamers edition installed so when we d/l the 1.7 edition dvd and install it and there is any games we want that are in the gamers edition we can install them from the shell/terminal???

how about a backup that allows panning of cd/dvd like kdar installed or at least in the repos??
http://kdar.sourceforge.net/

Kdar seems similar to sbackup, but for KDE it will most likely be on there I have found a bunch of new great apps thanks to poweruser2600 he stays on top of things like that so I don't have to, freeing up time for me to work on other things. Ccal has shown me the light of Timemachine also to be included; I have a bunch of apps to add to the repo, as far as games there are gigs of games on the repo that "official" repos don't have so yes they can be added, either via the upgrade script or manually through the terminal. I need to write a php script to auto generate webpages for each app / game on the repo well over 650 I am sure, too much time for me to write a page for each. Prior to release of 1.7 I will update a bunch of software including updating / adding games. I do worry however I will have to shutdown and reopen the repo it gets hammered 2TB limit doesn't last long with 1000's of people hitting it. Without a doubt the download server will go down the 3rd seeing currently 1234.75% usage. Not to worry I will re-open it the same day and refill it, hopefully with 1.7 at the same time. Depending on how things go as I build it.

I get a day off tomorrow, I hope to have the USplash maker done, so I can get back to the business at hand. Sorry about all the rambling on ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby cowboy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Wow, way to cool USplash maker works like a charm, right click image and click script, also used image resizer to enlage the image all in one menu... :) :o

link to image resizer,, viewtopic.php?p=2970&sid=74592dc415983caa9847af6d9fa1abd3#p2970
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby sawi » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 am

I have tested different distris but Ultimate beats everything!

When we can download 1.7?
sawi
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:47 am

sawi wrote:I have tested different distris but Ultimate beats everything!

When we can download 1.7?

Not looking good, as far as release looks sweet as a whole. I may have to go back to the beginning when Nautilus scripts are enabled a permission problem shows it's face, I am looking deeper into the problem. Will post as I get closer to final... I am sorry I work 6 days a week makes it really rough to accomplish much of anything.

Best regards,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby budmanca » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:02 pm

TheeMahn wrote: I am sorry I work 6 days a week makes it really rough to accomplish much of anything.

You shouldn't apologize TheeMahn, I'm sure everyone here will agree that you have already accomplished more than most ever will. I know I appreciate what your doing, I think it should be everyones duty to help someone they don't know and you've not only answered the call of duty, but gone above and beyond. If they gave out medals for this, I would award you the CMH. So instead of apologizing you should pat yourself on the back. Thanks for all you do,
Dave

PS: Love the new GDM and USplash makers, great job!!
budmanca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:13 am

budmanca wrote:
TheeMahn wrote: I am sorry I work 6 days a week makes it really rough to accomplish much of anything.

You shouldn't apologize TheeMahn, I'm sure everyone here will agree that you have already accomplished more than most ever will. I know I appreciate what your doing, I think it should be everyones duty to help someone they don't know and you've not only answered the call of duty, but gone above and beyond. If they gave out medals for this, I would award you the CMH. So instead of apologizing you should pat yourself on the back. Thanks for all you do,
Dave

PS: Love the new GDM and USplash makers, great job!!

Thanks Dave, you are the exact type of person that makes me strive to make better, I greatly appriciate your selfless attitude & wish everyone had the same ;) I have written a new howto unavailable to the general public currently being reviewed by admins / moderators & not totally complete. I hope you like Amarok music player, a pretty heavy how to rest assured, but when put in motion totally shines, Key points currently covered:

• Speed up indexing of your music - very useful on slower computers or those with a large music collection
  • Teach you how to back up / import your music database (this is unfound on the web to the best of my knowledge)
  • Create Icons showing album covers for folders.
  • Make your cover art permanent in your music collection
  • Make searching for your music virtually instantaneous even with huge music collections

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I enjoyed writing them other then pulling my hair out GDM & USplash that is. lol

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby bpollen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:44 am

TheeMahn wrote:I am sorry I work 6 days a week makes it really rough to accomplish much of anything.

If I worked 6 days a week, I'd have to take the remaining three off.....

I'm amazed at the work you do even without the work to make a living! So I sure as helicopter wouldn't be the least bit put out if you gave in to that irresistible urge to go to Dollywood or John Wayne's birthplace or other fine examples of the Amerikan zeitgeist.
44.934157796653814, -93.22175949811935
bpollen

Return to News and Events