Note: Un-install selected.
Lets's view changelog first:
ultamatix-1.9.2 stable; urgency=low
* Fixed all Ultimate Edition Themes to be 100% Lintian error free - Thanks Repomaster
* Added initial support for Natty (untested)
* Added initial support for Mint 10 Julia (lightly tested)
* Added support for themelinux.com themes and gpg key.
* Updated multiple aspects of Maverick level of support.
* Updated multiple aspects of Natty level of support. (testing)
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.4 Theme pack
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.5 Theme pack
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.6 Theme pack
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.7 Theme pack
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.8 Theme pack
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.9 Theme pack
ultamatix-1.9.1 stable; urgency=low
* Added initial Maverick support
* Internal release for Ultimate Edition 2.8
O.K. adding the themelinux repo. Download and install that deb. Open a terminal:
- Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Limited space, regain your loss...
- Code: Select all
sudo apt-get clean
Wow, quite the change As a minimum it will upgrade your ultamatix and that will happen even if you are running Ultimate Edition 2.9. As most will feel will download a ton of themes. While most will look at this negatively, is totally positive. I have re-written all themes to reflect for example Ultimate Edition 2.6 uses the same sound scheme as Ultimate Edition 2.5, 12MB of sound files X 2 actually more like times 5. The deb handles all, re-wrote all of them for this reason. Cursors are also in separate packages. Icons etc. Freeing ultimately gigs of space. I have tried this in multiple O/S's and works flawlessly. The repomaster has ran across all debs on that repo and is bulletproof, wish I could say the same for our own repository. Please give me time, to make that a reality.
What if you are using Ubuntu? While I am running Ultimate Edition 2.9 makes no difference:
It knows first that I am maverick based and knows I can only have 1 xsplash, it also knows there is no usplash in maverick, adjusts based on your current O/S. Smart packaging. If I am wrong please feel free to report. It has been tested 1000's of times, does not mean an exception can not be there. Plymouth sure, and yes we can have multiple and does so. Results will be based on what your O/S supports. I can not wait until I integrate repomaster in the O/S. It will frontend synaptec, funny they slammed me in the past for Ultamatix, for picking up automatix Wait until you see the other side. If they want to do the same they will pay me. Cocky or confident? I have to let this out so they do not drag down my ultamatix code and try to reverse engineer it. There is no repomaster code in it. Ultamatix is and always will be free. Repomaster as a service and the world begins to re-think. Slower to install, but bulletproof code, even if they screwed up and I do not care who. The end user decision alleviates me from legal issues.
10/16/09: I have dropped a speak now or hold your peace to admin / mods & beta testers. We may have a release provided I get no negative feedback as early as tomorrow. See changelog below.
Well if they do not catch an error I will:
Vdrift has been discontinued / quit btw. Yes, 44 games of 47 installed as the statusbar shows. Ultimate Edition 2.3 Gamers on steroids. Did I make a Ultimate Edition 2.3 Gamers that is 64 bit? Did I get your attention there? This started as plain Jane Ultimate Edition 2.3 not gamers.
(Reading database ... 645867 files and directories currently installed.)
I installed everything I could even if I did not need it. You can count on changelog below saying removed vdrift before release. I am going to attach it to this thread for you to try please report any bugs Do so quick, I have full intentions of releasing it tomorrow. Do not report the Vdrift error
10/06/09: Just so you do not think I have forgotten about Ultamatix, I am going to post the current changelog here up top (it is being tested by Admin / mods / beta testers):
ultamatix-1.8.8 unstable; urgency=low
* Changed version numbering to comply with debian standards
* Added support for Linux Mint Gloria - thanks beta testers
* Added support for Debian Lenny
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.4 theme pack - beta this is for testing purposes it will set gdm etc.
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.3 theme pack (striped setting GDM etc from the deb)
* Added Cinelerra advanced video editor
* Added Play on Linux
* Added Entagged advanced MP3 tagger
* Added Gmount ISO CD / DVD mounter
* Added Fslint duplicate file finder
* Fixed Flashplayer functionality
* Added Hardware section, who knows where I will go with this
* Added Ultimate G15 Toys for © Logitech G15 and G19 Keyboards many written / compiled by me
* Started writing code to totally replace bash portion and set solid python, using synaptec as the frontend.
* Uploaded debian based RTCW to the repo and re-wrote the routine
* Added debian based True Combat Elite
* Added Phatch batch image processor
* Added Ultimate Edition Halloween theme
* Fixed Java plugin routine now repo based
* Created Azenis deb & added Azenis Theme Pack
At least this way you can see what is going on behind the scenes. Currently 154 apps / games.
07/17/09: Updated this post moved changelogs to the bottom, getting ready for a release. The homepage may be updated as early as today. You can download it right now, link below.
Home page updated.
Big changes are coming, I will quote one of our users asking about Ultamatix:
jnalli wrote:I still can't get Ultamatix to work even after upgrading to Ultimate Edition 2.2. It still say's that there is no internet connection.
That is squashed as well as GPG key errors the #1 complaint, current changelog:
ultamatix-1.8.0 (7-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Added initial Karmic support (Python 2.6 dependancies) - Not stable please try at your own risk
* Created a Ultamatix repository to host gigs of packages many newer then Ubuntu's repository
* Updated / added many games, too many to list
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme pack
* Added Ultimate Edition 2.3 theme pack - beta this is for testing purposes it will set gdm etc.
* Changed 0.0.6 theme pack - Ultimate Edition .0.0.7 theme pack (lintian 0 errors)
* Added GPG key signing of repositories
* Added Amarok 1.4 Fast Forward PPA and Amarok 2 Nightly build they can run side by side
* Code cleanup
* Removed inet connection check
* Lintian Ultamatix (0 errors)
Have a little Gander (now embeded) of the upcoming Ultamatix. I want you to understand I started with a raw copy of Ubuntu Jaunty tossed in Ultamatix and let it go to town. You can see the current results... It is not done. Pay close attention that is the "un-install" tab I show you. 143 Programs / Games currently. The repo I have set up is "cutting edge" I uploaded wesnoth to it yesterday that was built the day before I released it to my admin for testing not an hour ago.
For all you haters of Ultamatix, now ~99% repo driven, don't like a repo uncheck it
Youtube High Definition
07/24/08: Ultamatix now has its own host / site, official release. Please read below (forum users can get it today) as this post is constantly being updated...
THIS IS SOFTPEDIA'S SOFTWARE OF THE MONTH, Many Differences of Automatix, want to see what I had to fix?... (I will not provide links see for yourself).
02/27/09: This is as time of post forum exclusive, a tripple release Ultimate Edition 2.1 x86, Ultimate Edition 2.1 X64 & Ultamatix 1.8.0-6 (the website has not yet been updated). What's New?
Release Name: Ultamatix
Supported O/S's: Gutsy, Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty (rock solid), Karmic (initial testing) and Debian Sid (untested)
Architectures supported: x86 & x64
Filesize: 2.2 MB (2,266,444 bytes)
Official Website: Ultamatix
Download: Ultamatix, Source code
143 apps / games. Old school? Perhaps sleeping? Perfect? I think not, each step in one step closer to perfection. Nobody is perfect
12/24/08: Merry Xmas, please don't think I have forgotten the users of Ultamatix, I am hoping to have a release -06 of Ultamatix on the web by Xmas day (no promises).
Currently 125 programs / games. It has been tested using Ubuntu Intrepid x86 and works 100%, downloading AMD64 to give it a run at it. Same will be done with hardy, so I will be quite busy today. Xmas is not going to happen more like next year alot of fixes to be done on x64 sorry.
09/11/08: I apologize Ultamatix's website is down (currently setting it back up), I exceeded my monthly bandwidth limits and received a bill for $231 for the month, it is being resolved, please be patient.
07/24/08: New site design of the above site... tired of listening to the complaining, I just do not have the time to do the other 6 sites... link is updated & download links are also provided for the ultimate-edition-themes debs 32 & 64 bit, please feel free to post what you think of the new site design...
I would like to start off by saying the software if you so choose is based off "Automatix", but sold out to pioneer linux no such thing anymore. What started as the same script / software is the same, but on steroids. I won't sell out on you as they did.
I am going to be forthcoming in letting you know in my opinion is flawless in both Ultimate Edition 1.8 x86 as well as the gamers of the same, also x86 based. It has now been tested with plain jane Ubuntu Hardy Heron (amd64) and works (99 of 101 completed the 3 that didn't explicitly state no x64 support). Some Admins / mods have tested it, not all computers are the same. Please read the next line...
THIS WILL NOT RUN ON ANYTHING SHORT OF Ultimate Edition 1.8 / UBUNTU 8.04 / Debian (untested).
KUbuntu, XUbuntu, EDUbuntu also untested, but should work, all 64 / 32 bit problems I feel to be a thing of the past.
, I quote that in my own confidence.Please feel free to post if you can find a problem
Furthermore, I would like your input both good as well as bad, this helps me to make the best O/S as well as software that I can. Eventually this will be integrated in as early as per say Ultimate Edition 1.9 no guarantees.
What it is:
- Software installation where it does not exist (repo / license / 0 user knowledge required)
- Choice of free software or otherwise.
- Automation of the above
- Choice of what you would like installed (you build your own O/S)
What it is not:
- Software that accepts license agreements for you.
1.8.0-1: Initial release
- Ubuntu Restricted Extras and Multimedia Codecs
- Media Players and Editors
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Swiftweasel browser for your specific CPU
- Swiftdove email client for your specific CPU
- Additional fonts, MS fonts, and Red Hat Liberation fonts
- Additional archiving tools (rar, unrar, ace, and 7zip, etc.)
- Google Earth
- DVD Ripping software
- Codecs and Plugins (some unacceptable for use in the US and will prompt you.)
- Media Players and Editors
- Google Picasa
- Wine & Wine doors
- NON-FREE w32codecs and DVD codecs (you make this decision)
- Nautilus Scripts (many scripts written by me)
- SUN JAVA 1.6 JRE and JDK as per your agreement
- OpenOffice Clipart
- Developer Essentials - wow down my alley
- Microsoft Office OpenXML Translator
- RTCW: Enemy Territory
- Americas Army Game
- Alien Arena 2007 Game
- Amoebax Game
- AssaultCube Game
- ATanks Game
- Legends Game
- Sauerbraten Game
- Atanks Game
- Nautilus scripts (some written by me)
- Extra Fonts
- Open Arena
- Amarok 2 Neon (alpha)
- More to follow
- Orbital Sniper
- Chess Games
- Urban Terror
- Tile Racer
- Scorched 3D
- World Of Padman (WOP)
- Frozen Bubble
- Globulation 2
- Adobe Flash player 9 and works in 64bit...
1.8.0-3 Released web based (101 programs / Games):
- DVD Styler
- Avant Window Navigator
- Ultimate Edition Themes (All Themes, Logins (GDM), Wallpapers, Icons & Usplashes used in all Ultimate edition releases from 1.3 up.)
- Banshee - media player
- Lives - Movie editor
- Gourmet - Recipe Manager
- Anjuta - IDE
- Bluefish editor
- Glade 3 - Programming GTK
- Quanta Plus - HTML editor
- Screem - HTML editor
- Firestart - Firewall
- BUM - Boot-up Manager
- Acetone - ISO Editor
- Start up manager
1.8.0-4 (built into Ultimate Edition 1.9 & registered forum user release):
- 100% Lintian / Debian base error free.
- Added debug routine to help find any errors (--debug).
- Exclusive lock class subroutine written (makes the possibility of package breakage nearly impossible) - not yet fully implemented.
- Total restructor of file layout to comply with Debian standards.
- Added option to add repos or not (can still be removed through menu if user changes their mind later) - not fully implemented.
- Added key gathering routine if the user decides to use repositories.
- Created custom icons for all categories.
- Removed dependency of tango icons.
- Removed all traces of zenity and removed zenity as a dependency.
- Chown added to return ownership of downloaded files to the end user.
- Removed dependency of bash & GZip was totally unnecessary.
- Added Financial category
- Added Desktop Publishing category
- Added Jedit Editor
- Added Gphpeditor
- Added Abiword
- Added Wifi-support & Wifi Tools
- Added T.V. Capture card software & tools
- Added Blender, Yafray and Inkscape vector based editors
- Added Qemulator, Qemu Virtualization tools
- Added Yakuake Terminal
- Added DeVeDe Dvd movie creator
- Added Lemonrip dvd ripper
- Added Isomaster
- Added Brasero
- Added Kmymoney2
- Added Gnucash
- Added Ktorrent
1.8.0-5 - Released exclusively in Ultimate Edition 2.0
- PPA repo driven compiz fusion (lastest and greatest)
- Moaning Goat Meter (MGM)
- Termininator (multi-window terminal)
- Added "Beta" Category and icon
1.8.0-6 - Web based release (forum users & Ultimate Edition 2.2 exclusive):
- Added distro specic routines, supporting Gutsy, Hardy, Intrepid and Jaunty (beta)
- Added Debian support (sid only)
- Added Open Office 3
- Added Xmas Edition Theme Pack
- Added EnvyNG (Envy for Hardy based and below)
- Added Java browser plugin support
- Code clean up on flash plugin, now x64 support in intrepid
- Added XBMC Media Center
- Removed Amobax and DVD Styler - too much work to fix.
- Fixed Repo routine to assign repos to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
- Added libdvdcss2 - DVD Decryption library
1.8.0-7 - Web based release (updated homepage about time huh & integrated in upcoming Ultimate Edition 2.3):
- Added initial Karmic support (Python 2.6 dependancies) - Not stable please try at your own risk
- Created a Ultamatix repository to host gigs of packages many newer then Ubuntus repository
- Updated / added many games, too many to list
- Added Ultimate Edition 2.2 theme pack
- Added Ultimate Edition 2.3 theme pack - beta this is for testing porposes it will set gdm etc.
- Changed 0.0.6 theme pack - Ultimate Edition .0.0.7 theme pack (lintian 0 errors)
- Added GPG key signing of repositories
- Added Amarok 1.4 Fast Forward PPA and Amarok 2 Nightly build they can run side by side
- Code cleanup
- Removed inet connection check
- Lintian Ultamatix (0 errors)
I almost totally quit on Ultimate Edition over this project (ultamatix) after all you can build your own O/S, 2 of my admins woke me up on why they are here, simplicity. Download a O/S and convert a windows user with the pre-installed sweetness. Ultimate Edition project is not dead and we will have a Ultimate Edition 1.9. I will say this you can build Ultimate Edition 1.9 using ultimatix & to your exact liking just using plain jane hardy. I do think I did a great job & that is probably the first & perhaps last time you will hear me say that.