Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wine and Linux

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Wine and Linux

Postby pdvossen » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:30 am

I have been pleasantly surprised that most the Windows programs I have are currently running well under Wine. In the past I would have to try Winetricks or other programs to run my programs in Linux. This is truly of great advantage to me, as I would much rather be using Linux or a Chrome OS system as my main work environment.

Keep up the good work with Ultimate Edition. I use it and Pinguy, and find them both outstanding.
pdvossen
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Wine and Linux

Postby XXxjoker21xXX » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:27 pm

Indeed Wine and Playonlinux have opened new doors for Ubuntu.... if you need help with them Let me Know i have much knowledge in using Win Progs in Linux.... <BREW>
AMD FX8370 BEAST @ 4.9ghrz in a Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2 Motherboard with 16 gigs of Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mghrz ram and XFX Radeon R9 390X DD Black Edition GPU with 10 Hard drives running Win10, Manjaro, Ultimate Edition 5.0 custom, Ultimate Edition 5.1 and others....
XXxjoker21xXX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Pierre » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:41 am

the ./wine project has come a long way:
- it's finally hit v2,0 <BREW>

but - like everything - it's not the end solution,
ie: if it is used in moderation & not in expectation,
- it generally will for for your application.

sure - it does a heap of Games - just not all of 'em.
- the same applies to those Utilities that you like to use.

all in all, I've found a heap of things that don't work,
& yet have been surprised at what Did Work. :!:

it's the YMMV thing, again.
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby admissionp » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:44 am

If you don't mind doing a bit more work, Wine is also a great option. It's free and you can get support from the Wine community. You can even become a developer for Wine if you want to contribute to the project.

What's your take on CrossOver 12.5? Is it your cup of tea or would you opt for Wine instead? Or are you like me and simply don't need any Windows applications?
admissionp
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Pierre » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 am

do consider the Commercial Version as well:
https://www.codeweavers.com/products/windowsmac/
as they are the main contributer of Code - back into the ./wine project.
- and the biggest supporter, as well.
:ugeek:
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Return to News and Events