Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Will Ultimate install on a Apple G3 Pismo

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Will Ultimate install on a Apple G3 Pismo

Postby tranz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:22 pm

I was wondering if anyone had attempted to install Ultimate , current or earlier vs, on an Apple Macintosh Powerbook? Will it work with Apple? My main concern is if attempting to install could it wipe out everything and leave me with no OS at all? :shock: This is not actually my computer and I don't want to hurt anybody... Know what I mean?

Here are some of the specs on it:
Computer: Apple Powerbook Pismo
Processor: PowerPC G3 500mhz
Virtual Memory: 257MB
Built in Memory: 256MB Pc100
Display Card: ATY Rage M3pParent
Video Memory: 8MB
Hardrive: Macintosh 12GB
Current OS: 9.2.2
tranz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Re: Will Ultimate install on a Apple G3 Pismo

Postby drama » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:44 pm

it might run on that comp. a lil sluggish but it would run. however the big issue is hd size. i would suggest getting a larger hd. with only 12gb your gonna run out of space fast. even possibily locking yourself out.
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby tranz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:32 am

drama1981 wrote:it might run on that comp. a lil sluggish but it would run. however the big issue is hd size. i would suggest getting a larger hd. with only 12gb your gonna run out of space fast. even possibily locking yourself out.

Thanks for replying drama1981! :) Sorry I didn't :? ! I haven't been back to the forum for awhile... Been checking out other OS's for it... I think I am going to to go with XUBUNTU. Really lightweight and attractive with the functionality I think they are looking for. They, like me, believe Ultimate to be the best OS IN THE WORLD and thought they wanted it... Though I have succesfully installed and ran Ultimate 1.4 on an much older machine with no problem! But as you stated the HD size does limit it quite a bit! Thinking about setting up an 80GB spare I have as an external for it. Maybe boot Ultimate off of that? My concern is I don't see a download for Powerpc? Is there one or will the standard version work?
Thanks again for replying and my apologies for taking so long to respond back.
tranz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby drama » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:33 pm

you are correct on the power pc issue. i didnt even think about that one. unfortunately there isnt a ppc version of ultimate. we have only i386. you would have to go with a standard edition of ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu. using any of them 3 flavors. of course getting the ppc version of the one you choose. then adding to apps you want to it. as far as i know this is the only solution. if you want the link to either the .iso or .torrent for the xubuntu install disk let me know and ill try to dig around for it. of course this wouldnt be ultimate. it would be a standard release. jus let me kno. cheers :-)
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master