Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

DDR2 Memory

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

DDR2 Memory

Postby deate » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Hey, Strider I just noticed that you use ddr 2 1066, did you have to set the timing and voltage yourself? I just read an article that says that even if your memory is capable of 1066 speeds, unless you set it yourself in bios, it reverts to 800, is that right...seems like I noticed that the upgrade that I just did,did this, I'll have to check...I faintly remember, while sifting thru the bios that it was set like that, and thinking, I thought I bought 1066...didn't pay too much attention as I was looking for something else
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Re: DDR2 Memory

Postby deate » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:36 pm

I don't have a link, and I think it'll take some thinkering to figure it out...suppose it also depends on the brand and such of your memory...if I figure it out I'll post it here...
deate
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:41 pm

It depends on the motherboard. If your motherboard specs have (OC) in brackets next to the ram speed then you need to set it up in the bios. If not it should run at the highest speed. If you use Windows cpu-z will give you all the info. There is a terminal command for linux to get the info but I can't remember it. What motherboard is it? With Strider's motherboard you need to set it up in the bios but yours maybe different. If it is an Asus it is pretty simple to do.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby deate » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 pm

That's what this question was about, apparently the council that sets industry standards won't approve the syep up in out of the box speeds, so even though the manufacturers produce the ram with the higher speeds, they don't set them to run at these speeds, because they would be out of speck with industry standards...I never would have caught it were it not for this article...so I guess the real point here is if you don't want to go into your bios, or your motherboard doesn't support it, you're wasting your money to buy anything over 800...as the article states...can you spell class action lawsuit??? False advertising!!! If I bought 1066 memory, I would expect it to run at 1066, not have to set it up....What do you think would happen to AMD or Intel if they advertised their CPU's at higher speeds, but didn't tell you, you'd have to go into bios and over clock them? to get those speeds!!! :evil:
deate
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Sue Asus. They built the motherboard!!
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pch.shot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Speaking of horse do do. Look at hard drive capacities compared to what you actually get. It's like the American gallon of gas. The Imperial gallon gets you more!! Same as a quart of liquor(we call it a fourty pounder because it has 40 ounces not 32 like the American fifth). We are all getting cheated some how. I'm surprised it took you two this long to figure it out.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pch.shot » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Glory, glory what a hellava way to die, with a rifle up your ass and a bullet in your eye.
Glory, glory what a hellava way to die, when your balls hang lower than your paratrooper boots.
(sang to melody of Battle Hymn Of the Republic).
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby MentalGiant » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 am

pch.shot wrote:Speaking of horse do do. Look at hard drive capacities compared to what you actually get. It's like the American gallon of gas. The Imperial gallon gets you more!! Same as a quart of liquor(we call it a fourty pounder because it has 40 ounces not 32 like the American fifth). We are all getting cheated some how. I'm surprised it took you two this long to figure it out.

Well, this might explain why you don't get what is advertised when you buy a hard drive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigabytes
Notebook Manufacture: MSI
Notebook Model: MS-1722 GX720
Motherboard: MSI MS-1722 Ver. 1.0 w/ North Bridge Intel PM45, South Bridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) Socket P (478)
Screen: 17" WXGA ACV(Amazing Crystal Vision) Display 1920x1200
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26Ghz, 3Mb L2, 1066Mhz FSB
Memory: Samsung 4GB DDR2 PC2-5300 DDR2-667Mhz
Video Card: PCI-E x16 Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT 512Mb
Hard Drive: Seagate 320Gb SATA II 16Mb Cache w/SMART, APM, 48bit LBA, NCQ
Network Adapters: Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Wireless LAN Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN
Operating systems: Dual Booting: Ultimate Edition 2.2 (Of Course) and Windows Gamer NVIDIA Edition 2009 x64 (For Gaming)
MentalGiant
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Return to Hardware