Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Keyboard Not Working

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Keyboard Not Working

Postby krusnik6666 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:30 am

its awsome i can finally play wow on unbuntu, but im a newb at the linux sorry to say hehehe, i had some exp with redhat when i was a teenager but its all forgotten and things were diff lol.also sorry to post this too, im having a problem with trying to load ubuntu when my comp restarts i get to the option of booting to either win or ubuntu but my keyboard wont work.any advice ill take it my email is [email protected]. sorry for posting this again and thanks for your time :)
krusnik6666
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.5 32 BIT

Re: Keyboard Not Working

Postby Baphomet » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am

I have split off, and moved, this post from the WoW gaming thread in the Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers Edition thread. Please post in the apropriate forum in the future.

As to your problem... Is yours a USB keyboard? If so, try connecting a PS2-connector keyboard and see if that solves the issue. I've had trouble in the past with USB keyboards and 'buntu.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby apc15x » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Baphomet wrote:I have split off, and moved, this post from the WoW gaming thread in the Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers Edition thread. Please post in the apropriate forum in the future.

As to your problem... Is yours a USB keyboard? If so, try connecting a PS2-connector keyboard and see if that solves the issue. I've had trouble in the past with USB keyboards and 'buntu.

Also some keyboards come with a PS-2 adapter that you can also use. <BREW>
    Dual Boot Win7 64 / Ultimate 2.4 x 64
    CPU: Intel Core 2Duo 3.0 E8400 Wolfdale 45nm
    MB: Intel Desktop DG31PR-1333
    Ram: 4GB DDR2 800 mhz
    Video: Intel Media Accelerator 3100
    Hard Disk: Sata WD 500GB
    20X DVD Burner
    Seagate 500 GB External Hard Drive
apc15x
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby krusnik6666 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:16 am

thank you for your help.i appreciate it greatly. i will look into buying a new keyboard with a ps2 connector.
krusnik6666
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby stuartdenley » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Your keyboard is usb or ps2?. Not working of Keyboard is a minor problem you should first check plug and play equipments. If you are suffering from same problem better you buy a new keyboard. :P
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuartdenley

Auto Auctions
stuartdenley
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby KXSwa » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:32 pm

I have an abit AN-52 motherboard for AMD chips.

In the BIOS, it gives me the option for USB mouse/keyboard to be BIOS or OS.

I have it set to BIOS since I want those to work all the time, and they do.

I'm using a wireless keyboard from MS, v1 of model 1000.

Regardless, try looking into your BIOS settings using the DEL or F2 key, depending on your BIOS type, and go through the options about USB and keyboard/mouse.

It's possible that could be the problem.
Kevin L Smith

Watch the new STAR TREK's trailer @:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/
KXSwa
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Return to Hardware